Daikoku PA - GT-R Register - Official Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

Go Back   GT-R Register - Official Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum > General > Meetings & Events > Meetings & Events - Rest of World
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 6th December 2008, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Asphalt Jet is waiting for the XTRA 60HP that Dino promised I would get for adding the SPEEDHUNTERS Decal
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Just an Old NISSAN
Daikoku PA

Did some thing happen at daikoku on Saturday night? Was coming back from Tokyo, and decided to stop and look but the police had the entrance closed off, this was around 11:30 PM. Plus there was a lot police on the Bayshore route, had one roll up on me and tell me to slow down. Good thing I was already slowing down, I was cruising 160 for a little bit.

Last edited by Asphalt Jet; 6th December 2008 at 03:02 PM..
Asphalt Jet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 6th December 2008, 07:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
BULLET_BNR34 is working @ AAM COMPETITION
GTR Register User

Cars owned: 1995 R33 GTR / 2011 AAM Maxima SV
Asphalt - They close the PA down around 1045 cause most of the time, they get complants about noise from the loud cars and motorcycles there. The Factories are the ones that call it in. Go figure... Anyways, and about the wangan, they stop driving around 0400 in the morning to 0630. Thats when you see alot of street racers come out and run top speed. Also for cameras just to let everyone know, if you go 138kph to 250kph you'll get flashed and I think about 260 to 345kph you'll be going so fast that the camera won't pick you up. It needs also three things...

-Picture of your face (use your visors to cover your face.)
-Picture of your license plate (take it off or flip it in)
-Picture of your car. (go over 290 to be safe and you'll be ok! LOL)

If they are missing one of those things they can't really get you for speeding. There is always alot of stuff you can do to not get hit by the radioactive red light. Drive safe.

What a waste!!!

- Dan
Old 6th December 2008, 10:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Club S Turbo is unaware they can edit their status
GTR Register Member

Cars owned: 1990 Nissan C33 Laurel Club S Turbo, 1995 R33 GT-R V-Spec.
Send a message via AIM to Club S Turbo Send a message via MSN to Club S Turbo Send a message via Yahoo to Club S Turbo
Actually, Dan...the cameras are set to go off at 120KMH. I got nailed doing just under 130. When I went into the police department, the guy interviewing/interrogating me told me if I had been going 8KMH slower, I would have been golden.

And, my car isn't the sonic blur that your's seems to be, so those Mach 0.3 runs are out of the question for me at this point.
Old 6th December 2008, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Asphalt Jet is waiting for the XTRA 60HP that Dino promised I would get for adding the SPEEDHUNTERS Decal
GTROC Member

Screen Name

Dan, I think Neal has come up with a better name for you, "Sonic Blur" that would seem to fit you better.

Also Dan how are you getting those big juicy pictures up?

Last edited by Asphalt Jet; 7th December 2008 at 12:00 AM..
Asphalt Jet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 7th December 2008, 06:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
NickM is bored
New Users

I was told a while ago that the law has changed. They no longer need a picture of your face, it's now up to you to prove it wasn't you driving. No idea if this is actually true.

BTW more than 40kph over the limit is also a criminal offense, not just a traffic violation.
Old 7th December 2008, 09:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
GTR Register User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club S Turbo View Post
Actually, Dan...the cameras are set to go off at 120KMH. I got nailed doing just under 130. When I went into the police department, the guy interviewing/interrogating me told me if I had been going 8KMH slower, I would have been golden.

And, my car isn't the sonic blur that your's seems to be, so those Mach 0.3 runs are out of the question for me at this point.
Well, I think its about what wangan you are on. Aren't they owned by different companys? Some of them i've been over 150kph on alot of the times they dont even go off. Well I dont know... I think its better to know where all the cameras are and not speed throw them.

Going to make a map of all the cameras I know about and post it here.

LOL about the Sonic Blur!

Last edited by BULLET_BNR34; 7th December 2008 at 09:51 PM..
BULLET_BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 7th December 2008, 10:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
GTR Register User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Jet View Post
Dan, I think Neal has come up with a better name for you, "Sonic Blur" that would seem to fit you better.

Also Dan how are you getting those big juicy pictures up?
Just press the image icon and make sure you have a http: address. The way you get that is by right clicking and going to properties, copy the http and click on the image icon and paste it on the line.
Old 7th December 2008, 10:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
GTR Register User

Nick - That sucks, I got something for you then...

AUTO SELECT ONLINE SHOP

If they can't see your tag then they can't see your car!!!
80kph is when it goes up.
It's only 7000 I think.
Old 7th December 2008, 11:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
GTR Register Member

Send a message via AIM to Club S Turbo Send a message via MSN to Club S Turbo Send a message via Yahoo to Club S Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickM View Post
I was told a while ago that the law has changed. They no longer need a picture of your face, it's now up to you to prove it wasn't you driving. No idea if this is actually true.

BTW more than 40kph over the limit is also a criminal offense, not just a traffic violation.

What do you consider a criminal offense and what is the penalty?

I ask this because I was doing 68KMH over the posted speed limit of 60KMH.

My fine was as follows:
12 points off my license
***65509;90,000 fine
90 day license suspension (cut in half after attending a 2 day saftey lecture and taking a test and passing.)

The city prosecutor said nothing about any criminal offense.

Unless it has changed very recently, as I got nailed in April. Got my notice in the mail in June, went to the police station in July then again in August. Attended the saftey lecture September 11th and 12th which is when I surrendered my license. Got my license back October 27th.
Old 7th December 2008, 11:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
DCD
DCD is speedhunting
New Users

Cars owned: BNR34 V-spec
Send a message via MSN to DCD
The highways are not private here, unless specified (i.e. mountain toll roads). The wangan (or Baysaide) goes from Yokohama to Chiba so it passes via 3 different prefectures (Kanagawa-ken, Tokyo-to and Chiba-ken). Throughout this stretch of highway different camera systems are used, from older ones to newer systems. Best thing to do is get an up-to-date GPS-based radar detector which on top of warning you before each fixed known camera position also senses (and jams, with more expensive ones) speed guns from mobile units. It does help if you understand what the little voice from these boxes is telling you with each warning.
Old 8th December 2008, 12:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
GTROC Member

I got my picture taken

Back in April as I was on my way to Narita while driving my girls car, I had my picture taken by Haneda. Thing is; this is not the first time this has happened, but it was the first time in a Japanese plated car, I was doing 130 in an 80 and I was slowing down, Girls car is a Blue dot fit, and has a strong top end, any ways she got a notice I went with her and said it was me, and they showed me a picture that was like spot on, no denying, good cameras by the way. Well it cost me Y80,000, and 6 points on my military license, and a remedial driving class. Moral is at the moment don't drive a japanese plated car and speed. See I have had my picture taken several times in an OVA, and a couple in my Y plate. So I am thinking they have a special file for those shots, the japanese word for that is Gomi.

Comments and or insights welcomed.
Old 8th December 2008, 01:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
NickM is bored
New Users

Club S Turbo - I was told by a bengoshi that 40kph+ is a criminal offence. If you're going to Daikoku on Wed I'll talk to you then,
Old 8th December 2008, 04:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
akasakaR33 is exhausted
GTROC Staff Member

Cars owned: R33 GT-R
Neal - did anyone say anything about you being on probation?

From my reading of Japanese websites, on expressways 40kph+ it's not just a fine anymore (30kph+ on non-expressways).

R33 GT-R Photos/Videos on Facebook (people send me your photos!) at facebook.com/BCNR33 - or click

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
akasakaR33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 8th December 2008, 11:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
GTR Register Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akasakaR33 View Post
Neal - did anyone say anything about you being on probation?

From my reading of Japanese websites, on expressways 40kph+ it's not just a fine anymore (30kph+ on non-expressways).

The only thing I was told was at the saftey lecture class I attended.

I was told that if I had only 3 points left on my license till December of 09. Basically, if I get any type of infraction that causes me to lose points, I'll have my license suspended for one year.

Other than that, I was told nothing else about any kind of probation about my offense.

I think that part of the reason I didn't get uuber screwed was because when I went in, I was honest, polite and didn't deny anything. Answered all their questions without BSing them or trying to get out of trouble. I think the police officer I talked to was happy to see that some foreigners over here are willing to take responsiblity for their actions and not try to play the race/ethnicity card like I see a lot of them do.

Then again, I could have just gotten super lucky...who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickM
Club S Turbo - I was told by a bengoshi that 40kph+ is a criminal offence. If you're going to Daikoku on Wed I'll talk to you then,

Sounds good. I'll be there around 9:30ish.

Neal
Old 9th December 2008, 12:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
NickM is bored
New Users

Confessing everything is exactly what they want. Whilst they may well decide to let off the poor and remorseful foreigner that promises never to do it again, it also leaves you wide open to prosecution if they decide they want to f*ck you.

I heard of a guy that was caught doing 100kph in a 40kph limit in the early hours of the morning, and after much agro was hauled before a judge and given a suspended sentence.

A friend of mine was caught doing a similar speed in a similar limit to you, and had the same grief but the public prosecutor decided to give him a huge fine and spared him a court appearance.

Friend of a friend was caught doing 160kph on the highway in a 100kph limit and also received a large fine, but no court.

I'd say you were lucky.