GTR Forum banner

UK Service Cost - Hot off the press prices from HPC

39K views 192 replies 46 participants last post by  AndyE14 
#1 ·
Information so far....

6,000 mile service (or 6 months) £683.00 inc vat
12,000 mile service (or 6 months) £683.00 inc vat

I have been told that biggy service is 24,000 miles, prices to be updated here when found out

#4 ·
it only gets (very) scary when you factor in brake replacement cost...... I didn't share that detail with the wife:nervous:

that said, I've never replaced a brake component on any car I've had ( typical ownership span of 4 years, no tracking), so not sure what it costs on a normal performance vehicle e.g. scooby or Z, for example

#10 ·
some of us (Marshall customers) got this info on saturday

GT-R SERVICE COSTS

Please note that the below costs are tentative costs and subject to final confirmation and change.

Maintenance Inspections

A performance optimisation service will be carried out at 1500 miles (mileage subject to final confirmation).

Maintenance Inspections will then be carried out at 12, 24 and 36 months.

These first four Maintenance Inspections are included in the price of your GT-R.

Costs of any future Maintenance Inspections will be announced at an appropriate date in the future.

Scheduled Servicing

The service interval for the GT-R is 6000 miles/6 months whichever comes sooner.

Tentative service cost examples have been provided by Nissan and are as follows (the following examples are an annual cost based on the quoted mileage):

Up to 12,000 miles per annum:

£785 for scheduled servicing
£4150 for scheduled servicing and replacement of brake discs and pads all round.

18,000 miles per annum:

£1725 for scheduled servicing
£5090 for scheduled servicing and replacement of brake discs and pads all round.

Cost of replacement tyres will be announced as soon as prices are available.

Will most likey be tuning our UK GT-R (White R2), which includes using AP rotors and Endless/Carbotech pads

#29 ·
Just doing a quick comparison of GTR vs Porsche 997TT (so both 4wd, twin-turbo, 480bhp cars).

Services over 12,000 miles:

GTR requires two services total cost £784

Porsche requires one @ £463

Brakes.

GTR Front Discs/Pads = £1,704

997TT as above = £939

GTR Rear Discs/Pads = £1,522

997TT as above = £839

So basically if we add up all three of the above and assume a 12,000 mile ownership and a complete set of front/rear brake all round we get:

GTR = £4,010

997TT= £2,241

So the GTR costs 80% more than a 997TT to run on normal servicing/parts.

This of course excludes the £446 cost of transmission fluid in the GTR that occurs every 18,000 miles vs £124 every 120,000 miles in the 997TT.

It's not a surprise that the GTR costs more than the 997TT as it doesn't have the economy of scale that Porsche has, but I suspect this will come as a surprise to many owners.

#36 ·
Interesting that Porsches 7 speed twin-clutch system needs one fluid change over 120,000 miles, whereas Nissans 6 speed twin-clutch system requires more than 6 fluid changes over the same period...........
Another question to add to the list for Nissan I think...

#37 ·
Personally, I'll let the HPC do the necessary servicing and fluid changes to keep the warranty happy, but my local mechanic can handle changing the brakes for a lot less than £120 per hour.

#39 ·
All these figures jumping around im confused. I will do 6000 miles a year probably store it over the winter. My M3 was serviced every 2 years or every 12,000 - 13,000 miles depending how you drive it. The sevicing was quite reasonable at my BMW dealer. Cheap oil service 1st, then Inspection 1 quite expensive, then an oil service again and then the biggy was INSPECTION 2 normally around 1,500 quid.

how much is it gonna cost me to run even if i store it for 5-6 months

as for brakes and pads how many miles can you actually do before they need changing, 2 pads and discs on my M3 fitted by main dealer were 600 quid

:wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.