A week of pleasure - Page 2 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum > General > General Nissan Skyline Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20th May 2009, 10:01 AM   #21 (permalink)
ZXTTdriver is unaware they can edit their status
GTROC Member

Cars owned: BMW M5
Don't forget that early deliveries are paying the pre-price increase cost and if you wreck a non nav car you'll have to buy a sat nav one as a replacement, so the day you drive the car of the forecourt you probably need around £6k gap insurance in place.

When you add a few years depreciation to the pot then even £25k cover may be light - does anyone think these things are going to be worth much over £30k in 3 years? (That would mean the thick end of £30k gap insurance needed at the end of year 3!!!)
Old 20th May 2009, 10:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
SurfandProtect is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo69 View Post
£15k is fine - if you believe the CAP values.

I'm with CC and will pay a little extra for the peace of mind.

D
Predicting vehicle depreciation is difficult at the best of times because everybody has a different perspective and/or "school of thought" that they prefer.

I've had a look at Glass' Guide but they're not currently quoting used values for the GT-R (at least not in their May edition of their "Evaluator" software).

But take a look at these figures I got on the Parkers Guide website:
Standard Model

3.8 2d Auto

List Price: £54,900
3 Year Value: £37,396

3.8 (Sat Nav) 2d Auto

List Price: £56,800
3 Year Value: £38,145

Premium

3.8 Premium 2d Auto

List Price: £56,200
3 Year Value: £38,145

3.8 Premium (Sat Nav) 2d

List Price: £58,100
3 Year Value: £38,894

Black Edition

3.8 Black Edition 2d Auto

List Price: £57,500
3 Year Value: £39,269

3.8 Black Edition (Sat Nav) 2d

List Price: £59,400
3 Year Value: £40,018
I don't mean to suggest for one second that Parkers Guide are the ultimate authority on predicting vehicle depreciation, but it's at least a starting point and their figures suggest that each derivative of the GT-R would depreciate by more than £15k over a 3 year term assuming average useage etc.

Regards

David

Last edited by SurfandProtect; 20th May 2009 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: Quoted WhatCar website by mistake. It was actually the Parkers Guide website I got the stats from - sorry!
SurfandProtect is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20th May 2009, 01:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
Rich-GT is convinced that Toyo 888's are the best
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

I agree 25K would have been a better, this was however against my usual position to turn down all additional insurance. 15K was all that was on offer and & £299 seemed a reasonable price, so I took the easy option rather than looking around.

At the end of the day you pays your money and takes your choice. We all hope we wont need it and that the premium will be wasted. Even if it does not completely bridge the gap it will go a long way particularily in the first couple of years and you will anyway be getting a new car to replace an old one.

Rich
Old 20th May 2009, 02:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
charles charlie is all snazzy at the front
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: E36 M3 Evo, Mini Cooper S, 996 Boxster S, Caterham Super 7, Merc Tractor :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-GT View Post
I agree 25K would have been a better, this was however against my usual position to turn down all additional insurance. 15K was all that was on offer and & £299 seemed a reasonable price, so I took the easy option rather than looking around.

At the end of the day you pays your money and takes your choice. We all hope we wont need it and that the premium will be wasted. Even if it does not completely bridge the gap it will go a long way particularily in the first couple of years and you will anyway be getting a new car to replace an old one.

Rich

Absolutely mate.

Apologies if it seemed I was questioning your decision to take your GAP out.

As far as stealers prices go, £299 isnt that bad.

Linney tuned stage 4
Ecutek Phase 5, 640bhp 620 lbsft
Nismo TCM software
Russ Fellows zorst
Racing Brake BBK
SSP trans cooler
Legertas 2014 nav
2015 interior upgrades
Litcho suspension
DBA front + Varis CF bonnet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
charles charlie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20th May 2009, 04:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
ZXTTdriver is unaware they can edit their status
GTROC Member

Cars owned: BMW M5
In truth if you have GAP insurance then the ultimate scenario is that you write off the car on the last day of cover, that way you get a beautiful new GTR to replace your 3 year old one and all for the paltry premium payment.

And thanks for the post of Parker's guide figures, even though they are traditionally way over the real values, these numbers are much better than I expected. My balloon on a premium edition at 3 years is just £31k, so it does look like the car may be worth at least that!

Last edited by ZXTTdriver; 20th May 2009 at 04:17 PM..
ZXTTdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message