A week of pleasure - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum > General > General Nissan Skyline Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17th May 2009, 06:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
white gtr 35 is waiting for spring
GTROC Member

A week of pleasure

Finally, at last, wait over..... I have the beast.

After months of voyeurism on this forum I feel qualified and obligated to make a post: - Two primary comments.

1. Thank you all for so much entertainment and informative reading
2. The car is the finest machine I have experienced by a wide margin

Without wishing to bore everyone and trying to avoid what has already been posted here are some of my other observations.
The Dealership: - Marshall's of Cambridge. Phil Schofield. Outstanding service from a mainstream franchise. Honest, informative, knowledge without BS, excellent handover and keen to build a relationship. Thoroughly recommended based on experience with many dealers over the years, this one was worth having.

The costs so far: insurance with Admiral (48, west Sussex, good no claims, no tracker) £470. Three year service plan £110 a month. Gap insurance for top up to replacement car is £900 for three years. Number plate £250. Premium edition £53K and car tax £405. As for the rest Tyres (a problem me thinks) pads and disc and the odd thimble of fuel! (25 minute drive last week gave me an average fuel consumption of 8mpg.... This morning was a little improved at about 20)

The car: savage, sleek, chunky, sexy beyond compare. A head turner in every sense. Performance is blistering. I have a heavily breathed on Scooby MY03 STI and I believe if you started them together on ANY type of road the GTR would be out of sight inside a mile and a half. I think after the 1200 mile set up the car will breathtaking and a match of anything costing under half a million quid or not constructed out of a kit box.

Build quality is excellent (for a Japanese car). Engineering is the real crown Jewell of this whole experience. Mr Mizuno is a living legend and a genius. The passion and detailing is obvious with the eye, through the hands and under the foot. Truly a once in a generation achievement.

Will I track it.... not a chance? I could not bear to see an unsightly mark. Instead I will pitch up with the company who has bought one for us all to play with on track for £300 for the day (I wonder if I could fix my number plates to it and pretend?)

For those of you who have taken delivery we are a fortunate few beyond compare. For those waiting, if you sleep at night.. you shouldn’t be and for those thinking of going down the path of pleasure sell everything including the wife if you have too... the rewards will be worth it

Thanks again for educating me these last few months
Old 17th May 2009, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
BigNige is surfing
GTR Register User

Cars owned: slower than gtr
Sounds great! How did you arrange the top up insurance?
8mpg that's a classic, I think we should start a thread who has had the lowest mpg!
How many miles have you done now?
Post a pic of the car!
Old 17th May 2009, 06:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
LS7Tango is unaware they can edit their status
GTROC Member

Congratulations.....I'm not the least bit jealous

Glad to hear the positive experience with Phil at Marshalls - placed my order with him last week for delivery next April.......unless of course a cancelled premium/black in the right colour just happens to come along.......might just be tempted to buy a Tom Tom!

Love to see some piccies - assume it's white!! Keep posting the week by week driving experiences......be interested to see what you think as the weeks roll by!

Tango
Old 17th May 2009, 06:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
guycuthbert is animating data :)
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R35 GTR Premium Gun Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by white gtr 35 View Post
Gap insurance for top up to replacement car is £900 for three years.
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is "gap insurance"?

Good hear positives about Marshall's - they have been good with me so far, if a little reactive... if I ask questions I get answers, but I have heard nothing without asking first.
Old 17th May 2009, 07:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
charles charlie is all snazzy at the front
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: E36 M3 Evo, Mini Cooper S, 996 Boxster S, Caterham Super 7, Merc Tractor :(
gap insurance covers you should the car be written off and your insurance company pays out less than it may have owing on it, hence bridging the gap.

Linney tuned stage 4
Ecutek Phase 5, 640bhp 620 lbsft
Nismo TCM software
Russ Fellows zorst
Racing Brake BBK
SSP trans cooler
Legertas 2014 nav
2015 interior upgrades
Litcho suspension
DBA front + Varis CF bonnet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
charles charlie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17th May 2009, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Zed Ed is elsewhere, mostly
-

Cars owned: BRZ track project
Quote:

After months of voyeurism on this forum I feel qualified and obligated to make a post: - Two primary comments.

Without wishing to bore everyone and trying to avoid what has already been posted here are some of my other observations.
The Dealership: - Marshall's of Cambridge. Phil Schofield. Outstanding service from a mainstream franchise. Honest, informative, knowledge without BS, excellent handover and keen to build a relationship. Thoroughly recommended based on experience with many dealers over the years, this one was worth having.

The costs so far: insurance with Admiral (48, west Sussex, good no claims, no tracker) £470. Three year service plan £110 a month. Gap insurance for top up to replacement car is £900 for three years. Number plate £250. Premium edition £53K and car tax £405. As for the rest Tyres (a problem me thinks) pads and disc and the odd thimble of fuel! (25 minute drive last week gave me an average fuel consumption of 8mpg.... This morning was a little improved at about 20)

The car: savage, sleek, chunky, sexy beyond compare. A head turner in every sense. Performance is blistering. I have a heavily breathed on Scooby MY03 STI and I believe if you started them together on ANY type of road the GTR would be out of sight inside a mile and a half. I think after the 1200 mile set up the car will breathtaking and a match of anything costing under half a million quid or not constructed out of a kit box.

Build quality is excellent (for a Japanese car). Engineering is the real crown Jewell of this whole experience. Mr Mizuno is a living legend and a genius. The passion and detailing is obvious with the eye, through the hands and under the foot. Truly a once in a generation achievement.

Will I track it.... not a chance? I could not bear to see an unsightly mark. Instead I will pitch up with the company who has bought one for us all to play with on track for £300 for the day (I wonder if I could fix my number plates to it and pretend?)

For those of you who have taken delivery we are a fortunate few beyond compare. For those waiting, if you sleep at night.. you shouldn’t be and for those thinking of going down the path of pleasure sell everything including the wife if you have too... the rewards will be worth it

But are you pleased with your purchase ?

welcome
Old 17th May 2009, 07:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
gtrharv is unaware they can edit their status
GTR Register Member

Quote:

Nice little write up. I too collect my car recently, just over 2 weeks ago and must say it is best car I have owed also by a long way. Nissan really have set some new standards for everyone else to catch up. Also must say, I have followed this forum too for some time whilst waiting for my car and nearly cancelled reading all the posts regarding warranty and service costs etc. What I will say now is, once you have the car this all becomes a distant memory and I am soooo glad I didn't - irrelevant to the fact that Nissans stance on these points seems to slowly keep improving!
Old 17th May 2009, 07:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
maxxwaxx is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

My wait for white premium Ed is nearly over, picking it up on wednesday next week.
I think im definitely going to get gap insurance, although im not taking finance, im paying for the car outright but for about 160 quid a year it will cover what the ins company would pay out should it be written of stolen ( ie current market value ) and what i payed for the car.
Giving me current market value is a bit too open ended for my liking
Old 17th May 2009, 07:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
gtrharv is unaware they can edit their status
GTR Register Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxwaxx View Post
My wait for white premium Ed is nearly over, picking it up on wednesday next week.
I think im definitely going to get gap insurance, although im not taking finance, im paying for the car outright but for about 160 quid a year it will cover what the ins company would pay out should it be written of stolen ( ie current market value ) and what i payed for the car.
Giving me current market value is a bit too open ended for my liking
Try Gap Insurance by Click4Gap

I have saved a fair bit on amounts quoted by Audi in the past with these guys. May be worth a look!
Old 17th May 2009, 07:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Zed Ed is elsewhere, mostly
-

Cars owned: BRZ track project
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrharv View Post
Also must say, I have followed this forum too for some time whilst waiting for my car and nearly cancelled reading all the posts regarding warranty and service costs etc. What I will say now is, once you have the car this all becomes a distant memory and I am soooo glad I didn't - irrelevant to the fact that Nissans stance on these points seems to slowly keep improving!
some of us said this all along

it is a great car for sure
Old 17th May 2009, 08:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
kennyc is on the look-out

Congrats on the purchase - let us know how you get on with it...
Old 17th May 2009, 09:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
white gtr 35 is waiting for spring
GTROC Member

The car.. freshly buffedPictures by debordieu1 - Photobucket
Old 17th May 2009, 10:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
xsvoid is unaware they can edit their status
GTROC Member 101

Cars owned: GTR-34 Midnight Purple II and R35 black...
very nice mate
LADY drivers. Draw a little diagram on a Post-it showing the position of the hand brake and gearstick, and stick it to your dashboard. This will save you having to look for them when the lights go green.
xsvoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18th May 2009, 11:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
ramsub is unaware they can edit their status
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R35 GTR - UMS Premium Edition
Gap insurance

It's great isn't it.... Are you getting lots of attention (albeit in my case it seems to bo 12 yo boys and white van guys)

£900 for gap insurance for 3 years sounds steep.

Motorline was quoting £595 but capped to £20k loss. Was there a cap on gap in your case?

Also, interested in the service plan. Is Marshall's offering this? What does it cover?
Old 18th May 2009, 12:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
kennyc is on the look-out

Quote:
The car.. freshly buffedPictures by debordieu1 - Photobucket
Car looks great! Any plans for it or just keeping it the way Nissan meant?