My NSX trackday project - Page 20 - GT-R Register - Official Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

Go Back   GT-R Register - Official Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum > General > Off Topic > Other Marques
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 8th February 2012, 01:38 PM   #286 (permalink)
JTJUDGE is the telecoms guy
GTR Register User

Cars owned: R33 GTR X2, next is the r32 (stockish)
Had a look on pistonheads and autotrader and theres only 2 for sale. Talk about exclusivity!

After seeing your one it's made me re look at my savings for an r34.
Old 13th February 2012, 06:20 PM   #287 (permalink)
canman is working his ass off to pay for his car habit !!
GTR Register User

Cars owned: R34 V-SPEC II, I'd call it Stage 2 of 3 - Supercharged BTCC EP3 Type R - Honda NSX Super GT racecar
If you're over 6 foot then the NSX isn't a good idea I don't think, but there's things you can do to make more headroom and better seating position, but out of the factory (as with most 1990's cars from Japan) the seating position isn't great for taller people.

As with all GTR's the NSX is also something a bit special so I don't think you'll go wrong either way........and also as with all GTR's they're a bit underpowered in stock form but that's also easily fixed too.....my R34 is for sale if you want..... not as good an exchange rate as it used to be, but I think it would figure out just over 30,000 quid...... no idea if that's competative on price or not.

Unfortunately a combination of no money and an upcoming wedding has forced me to put things on hold till after mid April so nothing is really going to happen till after then I'm afraid.......

Last edited by canman; 13th February 2012 at 06:26 PM..
canman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13th February 2012, 06:22 PM   #288 (permalink)
JapFreak786 is saving
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

cuold we have the link to your R34? Just curious..
Old 13th February 2012, 06:46 PM   #289 (permalink)
GTR Register User

Cars owned: R34 V-SPEC II, I'd call it Stage 2 of 3 - Supercharged BTCC EP3 Type R - Honda NSX Super GT racecar
Nissan R34 GTR VSPEC II 2001 | Trade Me
Old 16th February 2012, 06:27 PM   #290 (permalink)
"Clarkey" is on the redline
GTR Register User

Cars owned: R32 GTST / R32 GTR N1
very interesting read, love these cars....good luck with the project
Old 24th February 2012, 12:05 PM   #291 (permalink)
GTR Register User

Well that's it............ GTR is sold

Really nice guy from further up the north island so it will no doubt be making some appearances around that area from now on...... Kept my F1RACR number plates though so it's just got basic plates on it now, but it will still stand out I think.

Sad to see it go, but it means I can focus on renovating the house and getting the race car sorted once I'm back from honeymoon !
Old 27th March 2012, 09:37 AM   #292 (permalink)
GTR Register User

Well it's been a long time between updates, but I finally got the airjacks all working tonight with enough pressure to lift the car correctly............ so thought I'd post a quick video to show.

I've also finally installed a custom windscreen wiper setup for the car as well which has taken a fair amount of time and although I'm no engineer I'm really happy that I was able to fabricate the whole setup myself and it pretty much worked first time !!

I'll post some pics and video tomorrow of that if I get chance, but I didn't have a camera with a flash with me and it was too dark to use the phone I had with me.

Car will be going to Speedtech in the next day or so and it will stay there till I get back from my honeymoon on at the end of April, but by then it should all wired up properly and tuned and ready to hit the track ! A friend has invited me to his private trackday at the end of April so all things being equal we will give the car it's first shakedown there and see how things pan out after that......

Old 27th March 2012, 09:53 AM   #293 (permalink)
Undutched is European, stick together!
GTROC Member

Even though I got a fast car and had an evo and whatever.... There is something about Hondas, that simply makes them more fun to drive fast. Better control? Fewer engine probs? I am not sure, but I would definately tried my car for a decent spec NSX any time.

They may be hated by most cause too many young "racers" drive them, but I do love my CTR daily haha.

I cant wait for the video. So rare to see nice model NSXs, other than from Japan and getting pretty much no info on the cars.
Old 27th March 2012, 10:09 AM   #294 (permalink)
andrew186 is sad to be leaving the UK ;(
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: Audi V10 R8, Audi A4 Avant 3.0 Quattro, Vauxhall Corsa VXR
very cool!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R
(635bhp/640lbft) SOLD

Audi R8 V10 DMS Tuned | Larini | K&N | 610bhp
andrew186 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11th April 2012, 07:31 PM   #295 (permalink)
Audiophile is Going matte green
GTR Register User

Send a message via MSN to Audiophile
whow...that looks really cool!
Old 11th April 2012, 07:40 PM   #296 (permalink)
cox
cox is very tired and need holiday ;)
GTR Register User

Cars owned: Honda Nsx, GTR 32, Porsche 964 c4, Bmw 320d Msport
Glad to meet you also here!!! Super mega fantastic Nsx!!!
Old 23rd April 2012, 01:43 AM   #297 (permalink)
sukun is unaware they can edit their status
GTR Register User

well, thats first for me choosing NSX over a R34..
truely this NSX is something special..
Old 11th May 2012, 06:31 AM   #298 (permalink)
GTR Register User

So I'm undecided if I really wanted to post these pics, partly due to quality, but mostly as I was going to keep it a surprise till I had the whole car done and a proper photoshoot organised, but then the excitement of how good it looks in real life got the better of me and I wanted to share

The guys from Slotmedia talked with me some months ago and we organised to sticker the car up but it hasn't been possible till now. Slot Media | Automotive Photography What an awesome company to deal with ....... very professional and more importantly enthusiastic about the project.

As mentioned, there are still a few more touches to the car and a couple of decals we left off so that will add to it, but you get the idea !!

I will post some more pics once things progress. We're running well behind schedule on getting the car running and tuned as it was meant to be done before the 3rd of May, but that didn't pan out and the new schedule means we're looking at being ready in about 2 weeks so fingers crossed !!
Old 11th May 2012, 10:28 AM   #299 (permalink)
Simonh is thinking bad thoughts
GTR Register User

Cars owned: MY11 R35 Recaro
looking awsome there
Old 1st June 2012, 07:41 AM   #300 (permalink)
GTR Register User

Well as seems to the be the way with all custom car projects, today was full of ups and downs................ but I think overall a success.

It's been a long road, but we (well Chris at Speedtech mainly) got all of the wiring and other small finishing touches done and we were ready to go other than a gearbox axle seal and needing to bleed the radiator up. We ordered some replacement seals and waited a week or so from Japan, only to find that the seal was OK and we found that the driveshaft wasn't located fully into the seal which was causing the leak. This was due to the fact that it was from an auto car (which is what we started with) not a manual. We were told they were the same so we didn't even look into it but it appears they are indeed different. Anyhow we managed to adjust things to make what we had fit for now so that was one drama over for now.

Then when we went to bleed up the radiator we realised that the in and out water flow wasn't right even though pictures from when we stripped it were checked so no idea what happened there so we managed after some clever thinking to swap over the radiator pipes further down the car and all was well in the world again !!

Chris then did some basic setup on the ECU and got the idle control working well and then it was time to get it on the dyno, check the base timing and tune that sucka !!

So Chris did a few good runs and things were going well, but then Andre and Chris realised that the car was down on power vs what we would expect to see........ and although we haven't confirmed it yet (hope to do that tomorrow) it seems like when I reassembled the engine with it's cams and cam gears, we've got things one tooth out on one bank....... it will be confirmed tomorrow and in some ways I hope we don't have them out by one, but on the flipside that will mean there's some other reason why it's not making good power....... we will see.

In reality though I consider it a bit of success as we had no oil leaks, water leaks, all sensors worked perfectly and apart from the power issue the engine ran well and sounded awesome so fingers crossed we will get the power issue sorted in the next few days and we can get the tune finished properly and get it outside under it's own power and shoot some video