A/V problems...? - Page 2 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum > General > Nissan GT-R > Technical Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10th September 2010, 05:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
guycuthbert is animating data :)
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R35 GTR Premium Gun Metallic
As a general update...

I took the car to Litchfield Imports for the 24k service yesterday - first-class service as previously experienced. Before I went I uninstalled the Cobb AP to make sure Iain and his guys could connect their kit.... so the order of the day was:
  1. Connect Consult III to check ECU was visible (the problem that HPC had) - all fine (with Cobb AP uninstalled)
  2. Normal 24k service
  3. Review electrical connection of phone charger cradle (confirmed as 'standard' - to the BCU feed, same as my tracker)
  4. Fit isolation switch to phone charger cradle - just in case a problem at HPC (can now switch off phone cradle completely)
  5. Reinstall Cobb AP
  6. Reconnect Consult III
The result of the last step was that all Consult III functions were normal, with the exception of communication to the ECU itself... all other communication (AVCOMM, BCU, TCM etc.) were fine.

I should add that Iain and his autoelectrics guy - Greg - did all of the Consult III and phone work FOC in the name of good service. Simply outstanding, given that we all believed it was a wild choose chase, inspired by the HPC.

So now the car is rebooked at the HPC for Tue 21 & Wed 22 Sept... I will go armed with the suggestion that cable connection (as per Hazardous email above) should be checked first... but I suspect that any such 'advice' will be frowned upon. Shame - it would be nice to think they could check & fix while I wait, but I guess I will have to wait the full 2 days... will post update afterwards.
Old 10th September 2010, 10:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
prashan is missing his GT-R but starting to enjoy his 612 :-(
GTROC Member

Cars owned: MB CLS, previously 997C2S, BMW 535d, Various E46, etc, etc
Good luck with the HPC - I have a good contact in Singapore (known very well to Ben at GTC) who may be able to shed some light if you need any more help after your HPC visit.

Rgds
Prashan
Old 26th September 2010, 10:30 AM   #23 (permalink)
guycuthbert is animating data :)
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R35 GTR Premium Gun Metallic
@Prashan - thanks, but looks like I will be OK after the HPC had my car Tue & Wed...

... they have run diagnostics (their Consult III connected fine after I had done a full Cobb uninstall - nothing to do with the phone charger as they had previously suggested!). The result is that they have been in touch with NMGB who have agreed that the A/V unit is faulty and have ordered a new one from Japan; apparently this is the 5th such case in the UK.

So I get a new unit installed under warranty... when it arrives - I have been told to check back after 4 weeks, but they hope to have it before then.

The service controller at the HPC suggested that this unit costs NMGB £10,000 !!! That seems wholly ridiculous to me... unless they don't have any non-nav 2009 EDM units any more and now have to retro-fit a SatNav model (which, I believe, has a subtly different wiring loom?). I can imagine how that might cost a LOT to be fitted...

So if anyone else has A/V problems, and running the diagnostics shows up similar error codes, get your car into your HPC before your warranty runs out!!

Old 26th September 2010, 12:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
paul__k is unaware they can edit their status
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

The AV unit on a 370Z is the same but costs £16,000!
Blows up if you jump lead it with the wrong polarity...
Old 12th April 2011, 05:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
professor matt is unleashing Godzilla
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: R35 GTR BLACK EDITION R34 GTR V-SPEC/TURBOCHARGED 5 & 3 SERIES BMW
Thumbs up

It take it everything is now well? Has the new av unit fixed the problem?
Old 3rd July 2011, 07:06 PM   #26 (permalink)
Jm-Imports is sitting on 1293 @ the hubs
GTR Register Trader

am having this issue any updates ?

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Jm-Imports is offline   Reply With Quote