GTR Forum banner

Flat Tyre Warning Message

11K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  cemvr@yahoo.com 
#1 ·
I had air leaking from a valve, and before I could get it fixed the pressure dropped to 8psi.
Anyway - the problem is now fixed - but the warning is still on!
Is there any way of turning off this warning without having to go to a dealer?

Thanks

#2 ·
If you have an AccessPort then you can reset the TPMS warning via that, otherwise it's a trip to somewhere with a Consult III (i.e. dealer or indy). It'll take them seconds to reset it, though an HPC might well tell you that the tyre has got wet at some point or is too round and therefore you need to buy a whole new set from them...

#3 ·
You could try this . I got it to work after a few goes. It seems the timing is essential :

In car ECM Diagnostics/ECM Reset procedure:
1) Sit in the driver's seat.
2) Turn the ignition ON (Press the start button twice with foot off brake pedal) and wait three seconds. (Do not start the car.)
3) Fully depress and release the accelerator pedal five times in less than five seconds.
4) Wait exactly seven seconds. Fully depress the accelerator pedal for ten seconds until the MIL (SES) light flashes.
5) Release the accelerator pedal and start counting flashes to obtain the four-digit trouble code.
Long flashes (0.6 seconds) indicate the first digit of the code; count the blinks one through nine and write down the first digit. (Ten blinks indicates a zero.) The next three digits follow in turn in the same fashion except with faster blinks (0.3 second) and a 1.0-second pause between digits.
The ECM code repeats its self until you turn the ignition OFF (press start button again), at which point the ECM resets itself to standard get-in-and-drive-the-car mode.
You can look up the trouble codes in the ESM/FSM; there's a bunch of them. In the ESM, refer to page EC-639.
Additionally, if you get four blinks of ten (0000), the ECM is indicating no malfunction.
You can clear the code (and the annoying MIL) by holding down the accelerator pedal for more than 10 seconds while in Diagnostic Test Mode II. When you release the pedal, the ECM erases the trouble code(s).

#7 ·
guys i have just had a warning light display on my dash, saying tyre pressure low, i went into the info section and into the tyre pressure view, but everything seemed to be fine and all 4 tyre pressures were displayed at around 178kpa, now i have connected the cobb AP up to the car and checked the code and it reads C1705 does anyone know what this means before i reset it? Does it mean a trip to the dealer?

#8 ·
It is pressure warning...not sure which wheel it is normally though:

C1704, C1705, C1706, C1707 LOW TIRE PRESSURE

#11 ·
why wait?

Air is good enough to top up your tyres, it's 78% Nitrogen anyway....

#13 ·
Fair enough.

I had the very same last year when the temp dropped.

#14 ·
Chaps, on my MY10 I had a nail through the 1 tyre that caused the low pressure warning and lights.
Three different events that once pressure was re-established, cleared the lights and warnings themselves...

Reinflated the Dunlop - after power on/off and a short journey no lights or warnings and the MFD confirmed good pressures

Replaced all my old Dunlop tyres that were almost due anyway (at Quickfit) and fitted Bridgestones. The dude reinflated with N (I didn't check the pressures) and no lights were necessary to clear cos they weren't on in the first place? I didn't see the dude using a consult or similar.

My car is normally garaged but last week in the cold snap after a day in the works car park I got the bong sound and warnings - thought s**t another nail in a new Bridgey, but when I looked at the MFD two tyres were at 1.6 bar and the two being complained about were at 1.5 bar. So clearly not set high enough at the outset and the cold reducing pressure more. Light stayed on all through the journey home even though the tyres warmed up beyond 1.7 bar. However on turning off and restart the codes and warnings all cleared themselves. Pumped up to 2 bar cold and everything was still fine.

Long post sorry, but I have never had to clear codes down for low tyre pressure...looking at the posts here, with Chris et al describing having to stand on one leg and whistling dixie to clear codes I'm wondering why I haven't had to??

#15 ·
See Chris's post #9 which explains why.

Simply put, low tyre pressure warning will clear itself, but a flat tyre warning i.e. almost zero pressure, requires a DTC code to be cleared either with Cobb or Consult III at HPC.

#16 ·
Ah thanks, I missed the difference. I must have been lucky with the nail then that it didn't drop the pressure too low although I remember it being around 15 psi at the time I thought. Any idea where the actual numerical limits are?

Cheers

#17 ·
guys i dont think i have a nail in any of my tyres and as oldbob stated that my car is also kept in a garage most of the time, i only took it out the other day and it was freezing. i checked the tyre pressures and they all seemed to be fine aswell started off at around 165kpa and then went up to around 178kpa i then left it parked inside the garage for a couple of days and then retested it last night and the error code was still there, in the end i just reset it via the cobb ap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.