GTR Forum banner

2012 Road Trip

42K views 325 replies 34 participants last post by  hardcoRe 
#1 ·
For those of you at the Annual Dinner you will already be aware of this event. We're still putting the finishing touches to it but already have most of it done. Hotels are confirmed for almost all locations and the Michelin Test Facility at Clermont Ferrard is confirmed in association with our friends in France.

Until I have more details to confirm I thought I'd at least show you what we've been doodling in our spare time!

See less See more
#6 ·
Interested, depending on the dates.....

#9 ·
It wont be cheap! The hotels are all 4-star or better and a decent location hotel in Monaco isn't easy to get on the cheap, as are hotels in Paris, Maranello etc. But the entry price will include all the hotels, and for those originating from the UK Eurotunnel/Ferry and entry to various museums as well as the full day at Michelin's test facility. The Michelin piece alone includes a 2.7km circuit, a 4.1km wet track for handling (and a lot of fun!), a 120m skidpan other wet trac facilities.

#28 ·
O, O, O, do we all get to test drive one John? :thumbsup: :clap:

I'll promise not to break it if you promise to stay out of the tyre wall..........

DaveG

#32 ·
I will of course be on the trip with her indoors
Her indoors at this end might be in for a shock.

In the last 24 hours I promised her a new bedroom suite before Christmas, Abbey have got the 33 for routine attention (£M) but wait for it, HMRC have sent me today a bill large enough to pay for a clean and decent Micra.

Something has to go and it could be the bedroom suite.

Prices needed for:-

2012 Road Trip

Le Mans 2012

#30 ·
Won't be able to afford this one unfortunately with a wedding to save up for :bawling:

Seriously considering the le mans trip though. Absolutely love Martin Brundle on the F1 and to watch him driving the Nissan LMP2 car would be pretty sweet :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.