GTR Forum banner

2012 Road Trip

42K views 325 replies 34 participants last post by  hardcoRe 
#1 ·
For those of you at the Annual Dinner you will already be aware of this event. We're still putting the finishing touches to it but already have most of it done. Hotels are confirmed for almost all locations and the Michelin Test Facility at Clermont Ferrard is confirmed in association with our friends in France.

Until I have more details to confirm I thought I'd at least show you what we've been doodling in our spare time!

See less See more
#140 ·
You need to have with you a set of replacement bulbs and also a warning triangle For every person in the car there must be a Hi-viz IN THE CAR (not the boot). You can order Hi-viz from the GTROC shop. As well as speeding and other higway laws being different also remember the alcohol limits are different in each country - there is an article about the changes coming in France about this on the GTROC site too

#144 ·
TOUR PARTICIPANTS
1. Fuggles
2. hardcoRe DEPOSIT PAID
3. AndyBrew + Deb DEPOSIT PAID
4. Nismoman
5. Mudflap + Mrs. DEPOSIT PAID
6. Robsm
7. Sidepipe + Susan DEPOSIT PAID
8. Nurburgringgtr + Mrs DEPOSIT PAID
9. BikerbillyB + Helen
10.storm_nige DEPOSIT PAID
11. IMS DEPOSIT PAID

#155 · (Edited)
Now booked an extra night at AM Tiergarten for the evening of the 26th in Nurburg. Didn't fancy 650 miles after visiting the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart and liked the idea of going back to the homeland even if it is just for 1 night.

Looking forward to a great steak on the granite slaps at the Pistenklause Restaurant that evening. Might even get a couple of laps in on the ring if we get there in time (public day that finishes at 7pm)

#157 ·
TOUR PARTICIPANTS
1. hardcoRe DEPOSIT PAID
2. AndyBrew + Deb DEPOSIT PAID
3. Nismoman
4. Mudflap + Mrs. DEPOSIT PAID
5. Robsm
6. Sidepipe + Susan DEPOSIT PAID
7. Nurburgringgtr + Mrs DEPOSIT PAID
8. BikerbillyB + Helen
9. storm_nige DEPOSIT PAID
10. IMS DEPOSIT PAID

#158 ·
John, this would be a 'must' other than I'm not sure I'll be available on the necessary dates!!

Good luck to everyone on the trip, I'm sure you will have a 'one off' experience and a fantastic time. :shy: (Green with envy)

#160 ·
Tell that to the damn supplier on the Project who is a year late!!!

GTR Tuners and 'late delivery is not unique!

#165 ·
Just to confirm prices

• 1 car with driver and passenger £1195 per person
  • 1 car and driver (drivers sharing a room) £1435 per person
  • 1 car with driver only (not sharing a room) £1895
  • The cost of the optional Michelin Test Track day is £380 and extra driver £40

#169 ·
We have pre-reserved the tunnel crossing as we had to do this before the price went up. If you want to change your return can you email me info@gtroc.org with the preferred return date and time and we will ask for a change. if the cost is minimal we will absorb it but there may be a small charge if Eurotunnel ask too much from us.

Just to correct one point, Stuttgart to the tunnel is only 450 miles

Just to confirm prices
  • 1 car with driver and passenger £1195 per person
  • 1 car and driver (drivers sharing a room) £1435 per person
  • 1 car with driver only (not sharing a room) £1895
  • The cost of the optional Michelin Test Track day is £380 and extra driver £40

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.