GTR Forum banner

2012 Road Trip

42K views 325 replies 34 participants last post by  hardcoRe 
#1 ·
For those of you at the Annual Dinner you will already be aware of this event. We're still putting the finishing touches to it but already have most of it done. Hotels are confirmed for almost all locations and the Michelin Test Facility at Clermont Ferrard is confirmed in association with our friends in France.

Until I have more details to confirm I thought I'd at least show you what we've been doodling in our spare time!

See less See more
#258 ·
Are people bothering with headlight beam deflectors for this trip? Seems that pretty much all driving will be during the hours of daylight but I guess you never know how bad visibility might be during the day!

If so... any recommendations as to which ones work best on the GT-R?

#260 ·
Never bothered myself!

Anybody bothering with bulb replacement kits and if so is there one that is actually of use, in the past I have just bought any old kit, just in case a gendarme asks to see it.

Told Deb that I had bought her a new jacket for the trip, apparently a hi viz one doesn't count as an addition to the wardrobe LOL!

#262 ·
Anybody bothering with bulb replacement kits and if so is there one that is actually of use, in the past I have just bought any old kit, just in case a gendarme asks to see it.
Reading the advice on the AA site it only says its "recommended" to carry a spare bulb kit... so I would guess its more a case of getting fined if one of your bulbs goes and you don't have a replacement.

#280 ·
That'll be because the French economy is sinking fast and likely to go lower as all the election talk is about everything but the huge deficit, 60 year reitirement age, growing unemployment and significant tax increases already plus more to come. I am sure the French would thank you for your contribution :D

By the way petrol round here is equivalent to about £1 per litre :)

#287 ·
That may be fine for some cars but for the R35 we need 255/40 ZRF20 front and 285/35 ZRF20 rear.

Thanks for the offer.

By the way, I own a couple of Total fuel stations and we sell Excellium petrol and diesel. The octane rating is 97ron but to be honest it is pretty cr*p:D
(Hope Total don't read this forum)

I am just going to use what I can and adjust the boost etc to cope. Ecutec mangage the anti knock very well, and a standard R35 will cope with 95ron albeit with less power output. After my previous escapades with the French police I will not be pushing my luck anyway.

#295 ·
Is anyone on this trip up for writing a daily blog? Maybe someone in a car not driving could do it through the day and then upload when you arrive at the hotel. In return we will pay any WiFi charges if the hotel charges. We did this for the Japan trip in January and it got a lot of readership. Here is one of the example days: Japan Tour 2012 ? day 4: Nissan DNA Centre (Zama) and Nissan HQ

#296 ·
When you get to Monaco you will be staying in one of the best hotels in the world. Aside from a chance to enjoy Monte Carlo itself - the hotel is in one of the very best locations - there is also a chance to drive around some of the local roads. We have arranged a small tour for you while you are there, perhaps not quite as quick as these but we hope you enjoy all the same

...and if you haven't seen the film yet you really must try and get to see it

#301 ·
The National Park weather forecast has it as a very sunny and dry day for the day the tour will be there
Weather forecasters rarely get TOMORROW right so how they can expect to predict that far in advance I don't know. :rolleyes:

Plus I doubt they'll be clearing it before we get there - unless the GTROC can put in a special request to "those in charge of ploughs" :smokin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.