R35 Performance Friction Brakes - GT-R Register - Official Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

Go Back   GT-R Register - Official Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum > GTR Register News > Product Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26th March 2012, 06:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Varsity is loving the VLN season.
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: Enhanced GTR, Caravelle T5.1, A5 Cab 3.0TDiQ, URS6+, RS2, Jetta R, Volvo 240T, Audi 100T.
R35 Performance Friction Brakes

We had performance Friction Brakes installed on the 2011 MY last week and they seem very good indeed.

I am not a motor journalist or a test driver but have done 1 track day in the UK and spent this last weekend at the Nordschleife and everything is good. The bite is far more solid and is higher, less rolling when at full pedal push. In the wet it is a little difficult to get used to the extra grip these give.

They gave us 01 pads for both fronts and rears, this is the track/race pads. This meant needing to get some real heat into the brakes before they started to work well, once done they were very good indeed. The down side was they extra dust and a bit of squealing. The 08 pads for endurance and fast road will be available for our next trip here, 2 weeks so will add what the differences will be.

The 405mm front discs are slotted and rears dimpled, although PFB say they will start with manufacture of the slotted rears soon.

The price we paid was as a trade off deal for some pictures and feedback, so if you were to by the package, fully fitted at around less 3000 all in to me was a marked change, a better deal than Nissan and I am very pleased.

Cheers
Old 26th March 2012, 07:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sub Boy is a nana driver
GTR Register User

Cars owned: R32 GTR
Sounds good, could we get some details and pics on them?
6pot fnt and 4pot rear?
Or do they still stick to the normal PF 4pot all round view?
Cheers.
Old 26th March 2012, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Chris956 is 420bhp RWD is interesting in the rain :-0
GTR Register User

Cars owned: From GTR To GT3 & Cayman R
Keep your wheels cleaned regularly as the dust given off is evil.
Old 26th March 2012, 11:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
manjit is a member not user
GTROC Member

What were you running before the change? OEM?
Old 27th March 2012, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tech@PFC is Free tech advice
GTR Register Trader

Cars owned: R34 Skyline (Now sold):((
Very glad to hear your happy with our brakes, hope you enjoyed the Ring.

We should be getting the pads in our .08 compound soon which should be easier to get used to in the wet, these also produce a lot less dust.

Regards,
Charlie

Tel: +44 (0) 1295 221 020
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Tech@PFC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 27th March 2012, 04:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wouter is working at Co-ordSport
GTR Register Trader

Cars owned: '97 series 3 BCNR33, '94 SW20 Turbo
Still no pictures? I'll put some up! They really are amazing!

They are huge!

Wouter is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 28th March 2012, 09:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
GTR Register Trader

Good job Wouter, these are the largest discs that will comfortably fit using the standard calipers and wheels.

Email:

Old 28th March 2012, 05:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Cars owned: Enhanced GTR, Caravelle T5.1, A5 Cab 3.0TDiQ, URS6+, RS2, Jetta R, Volvo 240T, Audi 100T.
Sorry, didn't have the time to get this done, but good to see some others already spotted them elsewhere on the net.

They are different in the way they perform and as Charlie said, the .08 pads will be different again, but for now and what we do and use the car for its more suitable for the car to keep the .01 pads for now, although these will also need changing after around 8 to 10 hours.

Yes the dusts is hideous, to say the least, but we keep few sets of wheels and tyres specific for the track so its not really an issue. Its built to drive and not for show.

I ran OEM with different pads from new to 6,000 miles with not many issues, just a new set of OEM discs and lots of pads. Whilst there are many other makes which are highly rated by others on here, which is good for all to have the choice. Nissan say there isn't a problem, blah, yes there is!

So, my summary is take the jump and get something a bit different, whether it be PFB or others and enjoy the limits of the car far more, you won't regret it, nor will your pocket.

Cheers

Last edited by Varsity; 28th March 2012 at 05:51 PM..
Varsity is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 28th March 2012, 05:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris956 View Post
Keep your wheels cleaned regularly as the dust given off is evil.
I see your now in a GT3?

You won't find many serious cars here without the PFB pads on them, including Sabine's GT3 RS.

Worth a try?

Cheers
Old 31st March 2012, 08:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Adamantium is apparently indestructible!

Cars owned: Audi Q5 3.0TDi quattro S-Line Plus S-Tronic, Audi A5 3.0 TDi quattro Cabriolet S-Line S-Tronic
How do disks ands bells compare with stock weight wise?
Old 31st March 2012, 09:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Chris956 is 420bhp RWD is interesting in the rain :-0
GTR Register User

Cars owned: From GTR To GT3 & Cayman R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varsity View Post
I see your now in a GT3?

You won't find many serious cars here without the PFB pads on them, including Sabine's GT3 RS.

Worth a try?

Cheers
I have looked but my car is equipped with carbon ceramics and just testing the water last Thursday at Donnington they were superb. No harsh dust with great performance. I realise how expensive they are to replace so when the time comes PF products will be compared to what else is available from the likes of Brembo , AP and Alcon.
Old 1st April 2012, 07:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Adamantium is apparently indestructible!

Cars owned: Audi Q5 3.0TDi quattro S-Line Plus S-Tronic, Audi A5 3.0 TDi quattro Cabriolet S-Line S-Tronic
From speaking to people in the motit racing industry up to and including F1, I can't believe how favourably one make seems to stand out about the others. I know it's a different application, but it gives me a huge amount if confidence in that brand over the others.
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
GTR Register Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris956 View Post
I have looked but my car is equipped with carbon ceramics and just testing the water last Thursday at Donnington they were superb. No harsh dust with great performance. I realise how expensive they are to replace so when the time comes PF products will be compared to what else is available from the likes of Brembo , AP and Alcon.
We actually get a lot of people who take their Porsche ceramic discs off and replace them with ours and then put the Porsche ceramics back on before selling the car. So they don't wear out the expensive Porsche ceramics on track.

Regards,
Charlie

Email:

Old 2nd May 2012, 01:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
GTR Register Trader

We have now got stock of GTR pads in our .08 compound

This compound offers race pad performance interms of bite, torque and fade resistance only with low wear and dust, they also work well right from cold.

For more information please contact us.

Regards,
Charlie

Email:

Last edited by Tech@PFC; 2nd May 2012 at 02:28 PM..
Old 2nd May 2012, 02:00 PM   #15 (permalink)

I will be picking up the pads for the race cars tomorrow, can you put 2 sets of these aside for me please?

Still loving these and can't wait to see what the .08s are like.

Cheers