ETS-Pro Center Diff Torque Split Controller for R32 R33 R34 Skyline GT-R - Page 3 - GT-R Register - Official Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

Go Back   GT-R Register - Official Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum > For Sale & Wanted > Trade: For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 4th May 2012, 04:24 PM   #31 (permalink)
Rain is asleep
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Thanks for chiming in on your time off!

There are better things to be doing in Barbados on a rainy day on your honeymoon that doesn't involve coming on here ...LOL

Congrats.
Old 4th May 2012, 04:33 PM   #32 (permalink)
ash911gtr is fixing the flux capacitor
GTR Register User

Damn, any chance this can be modded to output to the mfd at an added cost?
Old 4th May 2012, 06:32 PM   #33 (permalink)
Vihis is a BNR32 owner.
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Hi Geoff.

Just two questions:

Does your unit somehow get rid of the hydraulic preload on the R33 and R34 atessa systems ?

I'd debate the use of a 2WD dyno without removal of the front propshaft when in a R33/R34 because of the mechanical preload in the transfer case. (Tyndago tested it and even with the ATESSA having no fluids in it, the front wheels were turning when the car was up in the air).

Can't wait to get my hands on your controller for my R32, amped that it's finally out.

Have a great honeymoon.

/ville
Old 4th May 2012, 06:58 PM   #34 (permalink)
gtr-loz is cold
GTR Register User

So by going with your answers I would guess there would be no way to get this to work with the standard torque gauge in a r33 or r32 it's just I've moved the gauge into the instrument cluster which took alot of work and it seems a shame to now have it not working
Old 4th May 2012, 09:59 PM   #35 (permalink)
Full-Race Geoff is twinscroll'd
GTR Register User

Cars owned: R14
NOTE: we recommend shipping FedEx International Economy but if anyone would prefer USPS that is fine. HOWEVER We have had some issues in the past with USPS (whether it be slow transit times or undelivered packages) and aren't responsible for prolonged delivery times, damage, or lost items with any shipments via USPS. just an FYI since weve had quite a few questions about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
Thanks for chiming in on your time off! There are better things to be doing in Barbados on a rainy day on your honeymoon that doesn't involve coming on here ...LOL Congrats.
thanks alot having a great time here, a couple drinks on the beach - no complaints )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihis View Post
Hi Geoff. Just two questions:

Does your unit somehow get rid of the hydraulic preload on the R33 and R34 atessa systems ? I'd debate the use of a 2WD dyno without removal of the front propshaft when in a R33/R34 because of the mechanical preload in the transfer case. (Tyndago tested it and even with the ATESSA having no fluids in it, the front wheels were turning when the car was up in the air). Can't wait to get my hands on your controller for my R32, amped that it's finally out.
thats a great question. In fact, the big improvement from R32 to R33 atessa is the hydraulic preload due to atessa pump never dropping below 25psi (that was the major cause of tq split lag on r32's). Of course if there is 0% duty cycle and 0psi in the transfer case this means we are operating at 100% rwd. I personally run a simple mechanical pressure gauge in my car, 0-300psi to monitor exactly the pressure in the transfer case. If the ebrake switch is pulled, the ETS-PRO light (LED) shuts off and pressure goes to 0psi in the transfer case immediately (0% duty cycle on the solenoid). this is truly 100% rwd. While it is a good idea to remove the front propshaft for a 2wd dynapack (only takes 2 minutes) the fact remains that this setting eliminates any transfer case pressure. you can jack up the front wheels to test this on a lift very easily. Also you can put the car on a 4wd dynapack and at 0psi xfer case pressure its easy to see that the front wheels do not spin at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash911gtr View Post
Damn, any chance this can be modded to output to the mfd at an added cost?
maybe in the future, but not at this time. thanks for the ideas, if the product gains popularity we will certainly consider the input for future revisions. As of now we are quite pleased with the product and it is IMHO a crucial tuning component for any track car or high power GTR, especially for an R32 GTR

Last edited by Full-Race Geoff; 4th May 2012 at 10:54 PM..
Full-Race Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4th May 2012, 10:08 PM   #36 (permalink)
GTR Register User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr-loz View Post
So by going with your answers I would guess there would be no way to get this to work with the standard torque gauge in a r33 or r32 it's just I've moved the gauge into the instrument cluster which took alot of work and it seems a shame to now have it not working
please understand this torque gauge is NOT accurate especially if you modify the transfer case. I believe the proper way to monitor this torque split is via pressure in the transfer case (0-230psi is what nissan specs). Datalogging the pressure via a pressure sensor or watching a pressure gauge is far more accurate than a vague torque split percentage. There is no way to calibrate the stock gauge, it just has very little accuracy IMHO thus the reason why this decision was made.

Last edited by Full-Race Geoff; 4th May 2012 at 10:22 PM..
Full-Race Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 7th May 2012, 09:14 PM   #37 (permalink)
Ramius83 is trying to finish his R14 GTR swap
GTR Register User

Just purchased mine at the discounted rate. Will let you all know how it works in an R14 here in a few weeks.......
Old 8th May 2012, 07:44 AM   #38 (permalink)
Mwohaaahaahaa is unaware they can edit their status
GTR Register User

is it possible to rig up some digital displays (even just a 2 digit display) to see what the straight line and cornering G are?
Old 8th May 2012, 10:45 PM   #39 (permalink)
DrGtr is unaware they can edit their status
GTR Register User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff View Post
NOTE:

maybe in the future, but not at this time. thanks for the ideas, if the product gains popularity we will certainly consider the input for future revisions. As of now we are quite pleased with the product and it is IMHO a crucial tuning component for any track car or high power GTR, especially for an R32 GTR
i will be waiting and interested for one which it will retain the nismo readings on the mfd. keep us posted.
Old 9th May 2012, 02:24 AM   #40 (permalink)
ash911gtr is fixing the flux capacitor
GTR Register User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGtr View Post
i will be waiting and interested for one which it will retain the nismo readings on the mfd. keep us posted.
+1
Old 9th May 2012, 01:35 PM   #41 (permalink)
R32 Combat is in limbo
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R33 GTR
Send a message via MSN to R32 Combat
The Nissan ATTESA adds a little 4WD at high speeds for vehicle stability. Can this be achieved with this item?

The ATTESA unit controls the ABS and it uses the G-sensor inputs to do this. How does this unit interact with the ABS to ensure the vehicles braking systems performs at its optimum efficiency?
Old 10th May 2012, 05:25 PM   #42 (permalink)
Adam Kindness is phu phu phu
GTR Register User

Cars owned: R32 GTR
any implications with running a Non-Standard transfer box clutch pack?

I have uprated plates and more of them......

I'm assuming this will further improve it as they are likely to last longer than OE plates if locked for track work. The perspective car is used mostly for TimeAttack and saloon car racing. 1300kg and 650bhp
Old 14th May 2012, 03:58 PM   #43 (permalink)
GTR Register User

thanks for your patience everyone, Im back to normal now and will be at it all this week getting caught up. My rough draft of the install guide is completed waiting for a couple people to proofread it and get me their feedback before publishing online later this week. Also going to respond to the numerous inquiries we have received

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Kindness View Post
any implications with running a Non-Standard transfer box clutch pack? I have uprated plates and more of them...... I'm assuming this will further improve it as they are likely to last longer than OE plates if locked for track work. The perspective car is used mostly for TimeAttack and saloon car racing. 1300kg and 650bhp
The ETS-PRO works better and better as the transfer case clutch pack is improved to suit the high output engines. From the factory, nissan's GTR wet clutchpack was designed to be smooth on/off and not noticeable by the driver. This means at high power levels there may be some internal slip or it is not grabbing as aggressively as an experienced driver might prefer. I agree with your decision to use plate/disc/plate/disc etc instead of plate/plate/disc/plate/plate/disc etc.

Considering the comment that " The perspective car is used mostly for TimeAttack and saloon car racing. 1300kg and 650bhp" I believe the ETS-Pro would be a no brainer for this application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32 Combat View Post
The Nissan ATTESA adds a little 4WD at high speeds for vehicle stability. Can this be achieved with this item? The ATTESA unit controls the ABS and it uses the G-sensor inputs to do this. How does this unit interact with the ABS to ensure the vehicles braking systems performs at its optimum efficiency?
The ETS-Pro does retain 4wd at high speed, and you can tailor it to do whatever you like. However you are incorrect, the Atessa ecu does not control the ABS with the G-sensor, those are completely independant systems.
Old 14th May 2012, 05:03 PM   #44 (permalink)
R32 Combat is in limbo
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R33 GTR
Send a message via MSN to R32 Combat
Not trying to crap here Geoff. You have developed a great bit of kit and I've be very interested in playing with it.
This is a tiny extraction from the Nissan PDF explaining how and why the ATTESA works.

Old 14th May 2012, 05:19 PM   #45 (permalink)
MIKEGTR is rolling on double deuces
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Midnight Purple R33 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by R32 Combat View Post
Not trying to crap here Geoff. You have developed a great bit of kit and I've be very interested in playing with it.
This is a tiny extraction from the Nissan PDF explaining how and why the ATTESA works.

It could also be taken in the context of assisting the abs in the same way a good set of tyres would. Just an outside observers opinion