GTR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nissan Brand Event -12th July 2014

16K views 44 replies 17 participants last post by  SPEED MERCHANT 
#1 ·
Just a quickie before I go out with the wife for our wedding anniversary meal. Thanks to everyone who came today especially the drivers who put in lots of laps. First time this event has been done so a few teething problems but overall a brilliant day out. Feel free to add your comments and photos.

#8 ·
Awesome day was had!!! Absolutely fantastic day!!!!

Special thanks to Paul for the extra fuel this evening. I did an entire tank of fuel lasted 54 miles ;)

#9 ·
This was one of the most enjoyable events for a very very long time. Thanks to Nissan and Dave Wilkins for making this happen for the GTROC. The day ran like clockwork.

I'll be back with some pics tomorrow but I take my hat off to all the GTROC drivers who gave so much pleasure to the guests. Other drivers were great as well and the Time Attack 32 was a bit special.

The static stand had some really beautiful cars and I'm sure some pics will be posted.

Maureen ("I will never go on the track again") did go on the track again with Barry and came off quivering. It was pointless trying to get her into Paul's flame thrower after that.

Back soon to say more about a fabulous day to say nothing of our fun in the village on Fri Nite.

#26 ·
Nissan Event

Can I underline these comments.
Sharon & I had a superb day.
Thanks Dave for all your hard work to set it up.
Barry a special thank you from Sharon for her run with you.
We went back later to collect her stomach, somewhere near where you changed from second to third.
Regards
Sharon & Ray
aka VeeDeeCee1

#10 ·
Loving the comments. With the day finished off with a romantic meal for two with awesome customer service, I think this was one of the best days of my life. It is hard to explain to anyone that was not there but the close proximity of the action, short queue all day and the quality of the rides made this very special. There is talk of this happening next year and we will be allowed a lot more cars. Sorry to anyone who was on the reserve list and could not come.

#11 · (Edited)
had an excellent day!!!

great to meet up again with fellow tour members,

had a few issues with temps etc as very hot day,new remap overboosting causing me to reset ecu.
so as usual got my head under bonnet part of day:mad:but when it was running ok it was fantastic:chuckle: end of day was best when I found out all I had to do was shut off key and turn on again.

http://youtu.be/Hz20n9Z2lMc

funny bit at 1.32 'are you single',women and fast cars they either love or hate.

astonished r33 gtr nissan day - YouTube

this one made me chuckle.

#13 ·
I have been trying to describe a lap with you but it is hard. That sums it up nicely!
Do you a video of me? Just interested to see how relaxed I was. I was a little shocked at your driving style:cool:

had an excellent day!!!

great to meet up again with fellow tour members,

had a few issues with temps etc as very hot day,new remap overboosting causing me to reset ecu.
so as usual got my head under bonnet part of day:mad:but when it was running ok it was fantastic:chuckle: end of day was best when I found out all I had to do was shut off key and turn on again.

your a nutter r33 gtr nissan day - YouTube

funny bit at 1.32 'are you single',women and fast cars they either love or hate.

astonished r33 gtr nissan day - YouTube

this one made me chuckle.

#16 ·
It was an awesome day!

Really, Really enjoyed it! I was first out in Paul's '33 and after an evening at the beer festival it was a huge shock!. What an awesome car...and Driver!:flame:

Thanks to all the drivers and organisers who made this happen!:)

Cheers

Andy

#19 ·
What a brilliant day, was good to meet up with old friends and to make a few new ones too.:wavey:

Didnt take many pics as i was too busy sploshing around full of free coffee lol (6 or 7 i reckon :)) and most of them consisted of furry animal pics for the other half anyway, i'll have a sort out and post some later.

I've been good and have so far managed to not consume the Cava somehow :eek:

Many thanks to Dave and everyone that was involved with making this event happen and soooooo look forwards to it happening again next year.

Let us know if there's any feedback from Nissan Dave ....

Jack...get you're name down for Japfest 2 and i'll book it in with the wife for a trip to 'The Apiary' & 'Chequered Flag' ;-)

#21 ·
Jack...get you're name down for Japfest 2 and i'll book it in with the wife for a trip to 'The Apiary' & 'Chequered Flag' ;-)
That sounds like a real plan and I really enjoyed the track day last year. Snag - I've got to get my new exhaust tested with its bung before signing up for any more track days. I can do that at Brands most days of the week.

Back to the Nissan Event, Maureen, Pat and I also spent some enjoyable time in the Formula 4 garages. We didn't stay to watch any races for fear of missing the faster action at our Event.:)

#25 ·
Nice to see and chat to a new few faces from GTROC there and to a few I already know, for those (most) who don't know me I was the melting driver of the R32 Time Attack car and the LHD R35.
Hopefully we will meet again at the next event or if any of you are at a Time Attack round feel free to drop in to our garage and say hi, always good to chinwag to enthusiasts.

#31 ·
Simon Fox from Nissan says

On behalf of Nissan I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you and all your members for attending the Nissan Brand Event at Donington, the presence of the GTROC really made our event very special and I would like to say a really big thank you to all the drivers that offered passenger rides, the reactions from the you tube videos say’s it all, and a big thank you to all the members that displayed their cars for everyone to enjoy, all our guests had a really great day and left with a very positive opinion of the Nissan Brand which makes the hard work all worth it. Lets hope we can do it again next year bigger and better and with more vehicles. I will keep you informed………..
Also....
I have loaded the following video onto You Tube if you want to share this on the forum thread for your members to see
Click for video

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.