GTR Forum banner

Datsun 240Z

3K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  grahamc 
#1 ·
Got back from Cotswold Safari park this afternoon, I had a play with a Red Datsun 240z on the A40.

It had a roll cage, Monte Carlo rally livery and sounded gorgeous :bowdown1:

The driver was going for it in the overtakes, and we had a slight rolling race after the lights at Andoversford which is a dual carriageway.

Good fun, I was wondering if it might be someone on here, must be quite a rare car?

#6 ·
I've seen that pic a million times and wnat to know where it lives as it could make a very naughty man of me !!!:eek:

#5 ·
I think i know that car, goes to CC and gives most a run for their money and he can pedal it !!! It's a V8 conversion - Graham we need to talk !!!!

#8 ·
PS I have both A BEUT's !!! LOL

#12 ·
I may even consider selling my body for that car !!:runaway:

#24 ·
Ah so you have done what I am considering or - and here is one for you clever chaps - drop an R35 V6 (as it's very small) and running gear - possible ??

#16 ·
Love the 240's, very nearly went for one, came back to GTR's though.

I'd have one in a heart beat. Very hard to buy a clean one though as you have to know what to look for and there aren't many really sorted ones in the UK ... That I've seen or read about anyway.

Love to see some people from here do a RB conversion. They go for top money in Japan with an RB inside... Love the factory G versions.

#26 ·
Hi Ian

Yes I had a 240Z back in the day and then 2 x 260Z's all of which rusted before my very eyes !!

However, it was the only car that would kick ass of my Race Tuned V6 Ford Capri 3000GT and I just loved it as it also had 50 / 50 weight distribution which the bloody Crapi didn't LOL

I would like to start with a 240Z again and have been looking but there is a lot of sh*t out there - watch this space :)

#29 ·
Yes I had a 240Z back in the day and then 2 x 260Z's all of which rusted before my very eyes !!
Yeah, they like to do that, trying my best to make sure mine doesn't.

I would like to start with a 240Z again and have been looking but there is a lot of sh*t out there - watch this space :)
A lot of rusty ones, although if you plan on doing an engine swap then getting a rusty one, doing a dry run fitting everything and then restoring the body is the best way to do it.

Don't limit yourself to just 240's when the 260's are every bit as good and imo better. Look for both and buy whichever you find is the best shape.

That's very nice by the way Ian!
Thanks

PS30 SB - if you currently own all those cars in your sig, then I dislike you a lot.... just envious.

#28 ·
I believe it was Brad Mottier in his Works Monte Carlo 240Z replica.

Brad is American, and keeps the car in the UK for use when he visits the UK or to take part in classic rallies and 'Tour Auto' type events on the continent.

I supplied quite a few of the parts on the car, and was a consultant on its build when it was being put together at Greenwood Motorsport. It's a lovely thing, and I was proud to be a small part of its build.

Here it is on the Monte Carlo Historique:
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/11/05/63/44/photo044.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.