GTR Forum banner

Newbie? - Introduce yourself...

166K views 922 replies 501 participants last post by  Slimshady201 
#1 ·
We've never had a dedicated Newbie forum, but it might be nice to have a thread for the new guys to say "Hi" on.

Perhaps tell us a bit about you and your car. And don't forget to start your Garage in the link above. You might find it takes a while for some features (images) to become active, but it's worth the wait.

Welcome to the family!

Mook

#694 ·
Hello - just joined the club

Hello All, just joined the club, though have been reading through the forum most of the year whilst I learnt about what to look for/might expect when buying an R-35 GT-R. Just wanted to say that there are some great threads/postings on the site and I found a HUGE amount of information to help me choose a car. Mine is a 2010 Black-Edition - had it just under 2 weeks. Absolutely love it :) Hope to be able to join in the car chatter once I know a bit more about what I'm talking about! Cheers all:thumbsup:

#695 ·
Hello All, just joined the club, though have been reading through the forum most of the year whilst I learnt about what to look for/might expect when buying an R-35 GT-R. Just wanted to say that there are some great threads/postings on the site and I found a HUGE amount of information to help me choose a car. Mine is a 2010 Black-Edition - had it just under 2 weeks. Absolutely love it :) Hope to be able to join in the car chatter once I know a bit more about what I'm talking about! Cheers all:thumbsup:
Congrats and welcome to the club

#699 · (Edited)
old Newbie

Hi i was previously on this site around 2006 under the name boyzee.Because my of email supplier closeing i lost my password and could,nt get back on.I then owned a 32 GTR that i,d bought from a dealer that advertised it as 735 BHP but after investigating i found the dealer was a bit of a scoundrel.I did a few trackdays with the car which i was told had a 2.7 Jun tuned engine,the car had been in a magazine and i managed to speak with the previous owner who also thought the car to be genuine.I sold the car after a number of years in good faith as to what it was supposed to be,the new owner phoned me after a month or so telling me the engine needed a rebuild and on stripping the engine the bottom half was completely standard no stroker kit.Im now in the market for a r35 so ive rejoined to get some info before i take the plunge this time.Thanks for letting me join.Martin.

#709 ·
R32

Sorry for the late reply i have only just got back on here.I bought the R32 from GTcars in Dartford around 2006,it was advertised as 735BHP.I did,nt know at the time but this dealer was renowned for bumping up BHP figures and although the car had an engine rebuild at a well known company with a receipt for 22k it was,nt true.The car was said to have a Jun 2.7 conversion but was in fact completly standard bottom end.When i ask the company that built it they said they did,nt touch the bottom half they only did the headwork,cams and fitted the To4Z turbo etc. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Race track Performance car

#705 ·
Another newbe. Bought my R35 a couple of months ago, been saving for a long long time as it had to be orange and my first 'supercar' Had two 350z for years (still got one (orange of course) along with an 18 year old 3.0 Z3, 20 year old P38 range rover and 13 year old BM750. The GTR is all new technology as I am used to doing all my own work. Much appreciated useful info on this forum but how the hell do you post a thread - I am not good with these things and it is frustrating. I wanted to find out about new tyres and brakes as mine need replacing in the coming months. I don't intend (yet) to do tack days so just general road use. Tyres I hear move away from the run flats to Michellin? and brakes the price range is wide which to buy?

#717 ·
Hi everyone. I***8217;m a newbie having joined after visiting club stand at auto sport show in January. Finally got my GTR after spending many years waiting to own one - my dream car. I routinely drive from Cambridge to west London so if you see a white EY17 reg GTR its likely to me so give me a wave

#721 ·
Clubsport Track car build

Hi Everyone. Just bought a R35 GTR as a clubsport track project. Ive been a BMW M guy for the last 15 Years but decided its time to build something special. Im planning on forging the engine and running some quality coilovers to start. Will be doing some Nurburgring trips this year hopefully see some of you guy over there.

#722 ·
Hi Everyone. Just bought a R35 GTR as a clubsport track project. Ive been a BMW M guy for the last 15 Years but decided its time to build something special. Im planning on forging the engine and running some quality coilovers to start. Will be doing some Nurburgring trips this year hopefully see some of you guy over there.
Great to have you on board and hopefully you'll join the GTRDC to meet like minded enthusiasts at our events.

Please post some pics of your new steed.

#726 ·
I’m probably being a bit premature here by introducing myself seeing as I don’t have a GT-R yet but what the hell I may as well just say hello anyway so .....

Hello :)

I’m from Ireland where the GT-R is rare beast but then again most of what I already have in my garage are rare here too.

The current cars are a 111R Elise, a TVR Cerbera, a GP Mini and herself has an Octavia VRS.

There’s a old Beetle and an old Mini that aren’t on the road at present but eventually will be again.

The toss-up at the moment is do I buy a GT-R or a Lotus Evora and honestly I don’t know which one is going to be my next toy.

Decisions, decisions ....