B9 GTR Project Thread - Exclusive Tuning - Page 5 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline / Stagea Projects
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 1st May 2015, 02:57 PM   #81 (permalink)
TAZZMAXX is waiting for a star to fall
ADMIN

Cars owned: Fiat 500L, Honda Prelude 2.2 vtec 4ws, Prelude 2.0 - The Elf
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB GTR34 View Post
What would you like to rename it TAZZMAXX?
I'm not really bothered to be honest but I know some people like to change the name of the thread when they swap suppliers/tuners etc. Obviously AMT have been credited for what they have done but you have moved on to Exclusive Tuning now so maybe that could be reflected in the title?
FRRACER likes this.
Old 1st May 2015, 03:04 PM   #82 (permalink)
simplysideways is Christanity/Islam or Judaism is the end of all
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: r32gtr
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB GTR34 View Post
What would you like to rename it TAZZMAXX?
BOB surely you don't still want to promote them?
Old 1st May 2015, 03:38 PM   #83 (permalink)
KING is What am I getting myself into?

Cars owned: Nissan Skyline R34 GTR
Just call it BOB's R34 GTR project

Seeing as you've payed for it all and put up with various hurdles/delays etc

Old 1st May 2015, 03:55 PM   #84 (permalink)
FRRACER is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: R32.4.5
Better to have no affiliation or loyalty attached that way if things do go bad you just move on.
"They both - Nismo and HKS look like very expensive pieces of aluminum pipe. I suggest you modify the stock twin turbo pipe, and take the rest of the money, and donate it to single mum's down at the local gentleman's establishments"
FRRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2015, 04:48 PM   #85 (permalink)
kevr32 is loving mornings, and the cool fresh air, just breath...

As with many trades, you can do a thousand things right and have hundreds of satisfied customers, but it's always the one or two that's not happy that get heard above the rest and no, I don't know Andy or Richard, but feel that people are very quick to judge, yes Bob has a right to air his grievances, it's his thread after all, but the other night I learnt more about the people ranting, than the two being ranted about, a real eye opener.
Huskyman, kociek and Dan ep3 turbo like this.
Old 2nd May 2015, 06:36 AM   #86 (permalink)

Kev while you make some good points about being quick to judge sadly the tuning industry does it self no favours with tuners coming across similar to builders. While there are a few who are capable and do an honest job it cannot be said for everyone and it is not limited to the tuning side but also garages in general. How many times have we heard of garages ripping off an motorist happens all the time on varying levels of capacity from being over charged labour to not having a part replaced but being invoice for it. Not only that it is very common for them to deploy a trainee or an inept mechanic on your can and end up breaking or damaging something in the process.

I have seen this many times experienced a fair level of it myself even with people who I thought were professionals. Sadly for me I no longer have faith in anyone working on any of cars and loath to entertain any of the having lost thousands over the years due to bad or poor workmanship.

It is time this industry is cleaned up or attempted to because I can only see it get worse. To my knowledge anyone can open a garage and start working on cars. It should become controlled and regulated.
David, grandmer and BOB GTR34 like this.
"They both - Nismo and HKS look like very expensive pieces of aluminum pipe. I suggest you modify the stock twin turbo pipe, and take the rest of the money, and donate it to single mum's down at the local gentleman's establishments"
Old 2nd May 2015, 12:47 PM   #87 (permalink)
kevr32 is loving mornings, and the cool fresh air, just breath...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRRACER View Post
Kev while you make some good points about being quick to judge sadly the tuning industry does it self no favours with tuners coming across similar to builders. While there are a few who are capable and do an honest job it cannot be said for everyone and it is not limited to the tuning side but also garages in general. How many times have we heard of garages ripping off an motorist happens all the time on varying levels of capacity from being over charged labour to not having a part replaced but being invoice for it. Not only that it is very common for them to deploy a trainee or an inept mechanic on your can and end up breaking or damaging something in the process.

I have seen this many times experienced a fair level of it myself even with people who I thought were professionals. Sadly for me I no longer have faith in anyone working on any of cars and loath to entertain any of the having lost thousands over the years due to bad or poor workmanship.

It is time this industry is cleaned up or attempted to because I can only see it get worse. To my knowledge anyone can open a garage and start working on cars. It should become controlled and regulated.
I'm beginning to think we were separated at birth, because I've always been lead to believe that I was the most cynical, untrusting and hard to please person in the world, but it seems like you're giving me a run for my money.
nozza1 and FRRACER like this.
Old 2nd May 2015, 04:06 PM   #88 (permalink)

Mate I've seen it all.. I demand great workmanship and lot of them have either failed me or tried to trip me off. I would do a better job myself might ask for advice along the way even if was to take ages because the lack of a workshop. If I had one as nice as your it would simply be awesome!!

Back to the cynical approach well you just need to look at the problems people have lot of it is kept hush hush I don't know what people's problems are but why take on a job and give poor service? I cannot understand that.

If they think running a business is about taking your customers for idiots and ripping them off their hard earned cash well that just summarises the kind of people we have out there.

Now before people jump up and down about painting the whole industry with then same brush I am sure there are some decent human beings out there who will A. Do a spot perfect job B. Not cheat or defraud the customer C. Provide the same level of after care once they have gone out of the workshop to what they showed when trying to entice the customer to go with them.

But the above is very rare. You hear lots through informal person to person conversations how so and so has been hard done by xzy tuner. Some of the things you hear is frankly disgusting and shocking!

Last edited by FRRACER; 2nd May 2015 at 04:15 PM..
Old 2nd May 2015, 04:41 PM   #89 (permalink)
Rain is asleep
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TABZ View Post
Sounds like you're having a nightmare with these guys.

It's always the same, quick to take your money, but after sales service is some what lacking, not a professional outlet or individuals in this case it would seem.
I dont know if you have dealt with Andy (I dont know Richard and never had dealings with him) but he was not quick to take my money personally.

In fact, he was so slow to take my money, that he finished my head, and was in the middle of finishing my block, when i had to call him and make him take my money.

Also the prices he charges, for the amount of manual hand porting he does, is ridiculously cheap, I felt pretty guilty about paying his bill, because I knew he deserves more.

Anyway, just seeing TABz assume things was a little annoying, not EVERYONE who has dealt with AMT (Andy anyway) is unhappy, or ungrateful for his work.
Old 2nd May 2015, 04:47 PM   #90 (permalink)
TABZ is R35 GT-R

I would edit your post, hardly shows Andy in any good light, if anything it makes him look rather unprofessional.

I've not assumed anything apart from the obvious, at the end of the day Bob is the only party here that deserve some thought.
Old 2nd May 2015, 04:58 PM   #91 (permalink)
Rain is asleep

Quote:
I would edit your post, hardly shows Andy in any good light, if anything it makes him look rather unprofessional.

I've not assumed anything apart from the obvious, at the end of the day Bob is the only party here that deserve some thought.
I aint gonna edit shi*.

Andy took on my work in good faith, and trust, that as a customer I wouldn't screw him over, and pay him when the job was done to his and MY satisfaction.

If thats your opinion of being unprofessional, then good for you.

To me thats someone who is confident in his craft, and will make sure a customer is happy before expecting to be paid.
Old 2nd May 2015, 05:03 PM   #92 (permalink)
TABZ is R35 GT-R

B9 GTR Project Thread - AMT

Ok Rain

Maybe start a thread of your own if you feel that strong about it, I personally don't think I could care any less.

End of the day he has messed Bob about and still holds onto his parts.

No doubt he knows his stuff, I don't think that has been questioned, but at the end of the day it's good for other to know that he is a one man band wagon working from his garden shed, yet the name would have you perceive 'amt' it is a fully fledged outlet.

Nothing against Andy but seems he has taken on ore then he can chew and simply doesn't have the time to sort the logistics like any normal business would do.
David likes this.

Last edited by TABZ; 2nd May 2015 at 05:06 PM..
TABZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 05:15 PM   #93 (permalink)
Rain is asleep

Quote:
Ok Rain

Maybe start a thread of your own if you feel that strong about it, I personally don't think I could care any less.

End of the day he has messed Bob about and still holds onto his parts.

No doubt he knows his stuff, I don't think that has been questioned, but at the end of the day it's good for other to know that he is a one man band wagon working from his garden shed, yet the name would have you perceive 'amt' it is a fully fledged outlet.

Nothing against Andy but seems he has taken on ore then he can chew and simply doesn't have the time to sort the logistics like any normal business would do.
You are just grasping for mud. Ive been to many garages in the UK while i was there, out of them, only the ones who either have private financial backing, or are riding on a hell of a nice loan, have dedicated fabrication and temperature controlled engine building locations.

Not everyone who has knowledge and talent, has the need to be swimming in personal debt, to satisfy the perceptions of shallow minded people.

F1 cars used to be built in sheds. Before it became such a lucrative advertising platform. Never underestimate what a person with talent can do, no matter the location.

You are correct tho, this is Bobs, thread. Sorry Bob.
matt j and FRRACER like this.
Old 2nd May 2015, 05:18 PM   #94 (permalink)
TABZ is R35 GT-R

Lol honesty Rain I don't care to know.

Bob how's the car coming along since going to a more professional outlet?
Old 2nd May 2015, 06:09 PM   #95 (permalink)
TAZZMAXX is waiting for a star to fall
ADMIN

Cars owned: Fiat 500L, Honda Prelude 2.2 vtec 4ws, Prelude 2.0 - The Elf
Ok, no more discussion about AMT people and no one needs to respond to this post either, to state 'their case'. There's always two sides to every story but this one has now moved on to another chapter. All I want to see posted in this thread, going forwards, are updates from Bob and discussion about the build.

This is the line drawn underneath the issue, please respect that and don't make us have to do another post cull to clean the thread up.

Thanks.
Old 4th May 2015, 10:22 AM   #96 (permalink)
BOB GTR34 is @ Exclusive Tuning

Cars owned: R32 GTR & R34 GTR
UPDATE

Fuel system has all been installed & the ECU is being fitted this week, Not long to go now

Sub Boy likes this.
Old 4th May 2015, 10:49 AM   #97 (permalink)
Kadir is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: R34 GTR
Bob dammit..

I would like to see more pictures of the car!!
BOB GTR34 likes this.
Old 4th May 2015, 10:52 AM   #98 (permalink)
BOB GTR34 is @ Exclusive Tuning

Cars owned: R32 GTR & R34 GTR
lol Kadir, Im trying to get away from work to see the car but working all weekend and today doesn't help!

We have to get both 34's together for pictures

Last edited by BOB GTR34; 4th May 2015 at 10:55 AM..
BOB GTR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 02:53 PM   #99 (permalink)
ATCO is advancing with Blue Streak

Cars owned: GTR34, GTR33, GTR32, Golf Diesel, GT750x2
Well if it helps any Bob, my Vi-PECS on the 34 seems to be working OK. (Touch wood and whistle).
BOB GTR34 likes this.

2016 JDS PRO, quickest time 7.1sec@194mph
2015 JDS Street Class Champion, Former 4WD Top Speed and 1/4 mile time record holder!
2014 JDS Street Class Champion, RIPS Blue Streak
2013 JDS Street Class Champion, RIPS Blue Streak
2012 10th in JDS Street
2011 4th Jap Drag Series Street
2010: Car broken
2009 6th HKS Series
2008: 3rd= overall PRO Drag Series. 4th HKS Street Series
ATCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 04:58 PM   #100 (permalink)
matt j is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCO View Post
Well if it helps any Bob, my Vi-PECS on the 34 seems to be working OK. (Touch wood and whistle).
Yours is only powered up for 30 seconds at a time though Dave Jk