B9 GTR & R28 HKS Project Thread - Exclusive Tuning - Page 7 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline / Stagea Projects
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree120Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 9th May 2015, 01:19 PM   #121 (permalink)
nailsgtr600 is @ work
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: uk r33 gtr
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB GTR34 View Post
I personally would have bubble wrapped & boxed the item.

BUT

I get the parcel like this, Wrapped up like we're having a game of pass the parcel.

sent signed for and received by bob like this..

address removed as promised bob

I cant wait to see and hear it bob it should be a rocket!
Old 9th May 2015, 02:45 PM   #122 (permalink)
TABZ is R35 GT-R

If you think that is competent packing, I only hope the same thought process wasn't followed whilst building the engine.
Bubble wrap is good for protecting against scratches etc, cardboard works better against impact.
Old 9th May 2015, 03:23 PM   #123 (permalink)
Mookistar is a lover of steak but fed up with Beef
Site Admin.

Cars owned: Mookiwagen Passat and R33 GTR
I've received items packed worse in better condition. There's nothing wrong with that packing so long as the postman doesn't abuse it. Accidents happen, quit ragging on AMT. they have admitted mistakes were made. Bob has moved on, so don't think the way they wrap a part has anything to do with thier quality of work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

View my Garage -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- then set up your own!
Mookistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2015, 05:58 PM   #124 (permalink)
BOB GTR34 is @ Exclusive Tuning

Cars owned: R32 GTR & R34 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookistar View Post
I've received items packed worse in better condition. There's nothing wrong with that packing so long as the postman doesn't abuse it. Accidents happen, quit ragging on AMT. they have admitted mistakes were made. Bob has moved on, so don't think the way they wrap a part has anything to do with thier quality of work.
Quality of work?

I paid for my engine covers to be done in crinkle black and this is the outcome i have the cam covers in a different finish to the coilpack cover.

GTR-Dreamer and sädde like this.
Old 9th May 2015, 06:41 PM   #125 (permalink)
Saifskyline is Phaze Engineering

Cars owned: R33 GTR V-Spec
Should have sprayed them yourself to be honest, crinkle paint is easy to apply and get a good finish with!
BOB GTR34 likes this.
Old 9th May 2015, 06:49 PM   #126 (permalink)
TABZ is R35 GT-R

'Ragging amt', Mook I understand you have a vested interested with traders paying their way, which is fair enough, but to try and justify or make excuse for how these back street rookies have treated a paying customer isn't excusable IMO.

I would love to know what condition the car was in when it got to exclusive, maybe they can come on and tell it how it is.

Creating false perception about a company, that Is in fact a one man band wagon with a few helping friends who feel it fit to help drum up business through means of deceit; by way of consistent false pm's full of false claims and blatant lies, is a joke.

I'm glad I dodged a bullet and hope other users have a clearer picture of any company they intend on using, before handing over their pride and joy.
David, GTRNICK and GTRSTILL like this.
Old 9th May 2015, 07:04 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifskyline View Post
Should have sprayed them yourself to be honest, crinkle paint is easy to apply and get a good finish with!
Wish i had done now Saif, Im just suprised really paid for something to be done and done properly. (£160.00)

I hope AMT & nailsgtr600(Rich@AMT) can resolve this matter.
Old 9th May 2015, 07:08 PM   #128 (permalink)
Site Admin.

Utter bollocks mate. AMT have an impeccable reputation and this is the first and only time I've heard otherwise. Bob has already stated he was happy with the condition of the car and the quality of work when he took the car back. I say stop ragging because you have no personal experience and aside this thread most other people who have used them have been happy. The size of your business and your premises are not a direct reflection of the quality of your work.

If Bob still has issues, let him discuss them with AMT over the phone or PM and if he still doesn't get a satisfactory solution then by all means mention them on here.

Calling them 'back street rookies' is ill informed and insulting.

So like I say, stop offering opinion and let Bob resolve it directly with Rich and Andy because frankly, one mistake does not warrant a lynching.

Mook
GTRNICK and kevr32 like this.

View my Garage -

- then set up your own!

Last edited by R32 Combat; 9th May 2015 at 07:20 PM..
Old 9th May 2015, 07:18 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookistar View Post
Utter bollocks mate. AMT have an impeccable reputation and this is the first and only time I've heard otherwise. Bob has already stated he was happy with the condition of the car and the quality of work when he took the car back. I say stop ragging because you have no personal experience and aside this thread most other people who have used them have been happy. The size of your business and your premises are not a direct reflection of the quality of your work.

If Bob still has issues, let him discuss them with AMT over the phone or PM and if he still doesn't get a satisfactory solution then by all means mention them on here.

Calling them 'back street rookies' is I'll informed and insulting.

So like I say, stop offering opinion and let Bob resolve it directly with Rich and Andy because frankly, one mistake does not warrant a lynching.

Mook
Im happy with the engine build to an extent Mook, Hard to tell when it doesn't start.

After giving the car to Exclusive tuning we've discovered a alot of other things that haven't been done properly.

I don't want to discuss anything over the phone with AMT or Richard as words get lost in the wind. I rather speak over text least that way we have proof of conversation.

Last edited by BOB GTR34; 9th May 2015 at 07:21 PM..
BOB GTR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2015, 07:37 PM   #130 (permalink)
TABZ is R35 GT-R

Fair enough Mook but hardy a lynching as you (or Andy; as I can't read what was posted before the edit) put it.

My point was regarding the 'perception' that's it's more then what it is, a garden shed; how many Gtr owners would feel comfortable knowing their car is stored there after being sold a completely different perception.

Anyway that's the last I will say about it; just nice to see all sides of the story as apposed to those who have affiliation.
Old 9th May 2015, 07:44 PM   #131 (permalink)
Saifskyline is Phaze Engineering

Cars owned: R33 GTR V-Spec
Quote:
Wish i had done now Saif, Im just suprised really paid for something to be done and done properly. (£160.00)

I hope AMT & nailsgtr600(Rich@AMT) can resolve this matter.
If I was in the UK at the time you wanted the camcovers done, I would have done them for you for free. There's nothing like helping a fellow GTR owner getting the car back on the road, that's what the community should be about! £160 for spraying some camcovers wow were they sprayed with gold?!

Anyway hope you get it sorted buddy
GTRNICK, GTRSTILL and BOB GTR34 like this.
Old 9th May 2015, 07:50 PM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifskyline View Post
If I was in the UK at the time you wanted the camcovers done, I would have done them for you for free. There's nothing like helping a fellow GTR owner getting the car back on the road, that's what the community should be about! £160 for spraying some camcovers wow were they sprayed with gold?!

Anyway hope you get it sorted buddy
A solution to the Cam covers would be GOOD ... wheres Richard nailsgtr600 gone now?

There needs to be an explanation to why i've paid for a service which hasn't been completed properly.
Old 10th May 2015, 03:37 AM   #133 (permalink)
Aus32 is searching..

Cars owned: R32 GTR
Only my personal opinion but I don't think there's any need to air dirty laundry on the forums, how about keep this to being a build thread and resolve all those other matters offline.

Bob, your car looks great though, how much longer do you think until you'll have it back on the road? Also as someone else mentioned, the broken valley cover might be a blessing in disguise - I had to cut mine off to be able to fit a new LS2 coil loom through so now maybe there's an opportunity for you to do the same!
Old 10th May 2015, 06:38 AM   #134 (permalink)
Sub Boy is a nana driver

Cars owned: R32 GTR
Quote:
A solution to the Cam covers would be GOOD ... wheres Richard nailsgtr600 gone now?

There needs to be an explanation to why i've paid for a service which hasn't been completed properly.
If I was still in London Bob I would sort them for you.....did mine and they came out sweet.

Get them stripped and get a can of the VHT wrinkle paint and the matching primer, heat the heck out of the cam covers and the coil cover with a heat gun, hit it with the primer, wait for required time to dry, heat the covers again and get a good thickish coat of wrinkle paint and heat the heck out of it again with the heat gun, you will see it wrinkle.....more heat, more wrinkle
BOB GTR34 likes this.
Old 10th May 2015, 12:50 PM   #135 (permalink)

Some good news yesterday i went to see my R34 GTR @ Exclusive Tuning and we spoke about whats needed to be done etc and i Richard said if all goes to plan we should be firing the engine up Tuesday fingers crossed, Mixed emotions after a long 11 months without the car on the road.

TURBOSMART Big Bubba

sädde likes this.

Last edited by BOB GTR34; 10th May 2015 at 01:03 PM..
BOB GTR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2015, 12:55 PM   #136 (permalink)
Site Admin.

Good to hear Bob!

View my Garage -

- then set up your own!
Old 10th May 2015, 03:45 PM   #137 (permalink)
matt j is unaware they can edit their status
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Bet you can't wait til Tuesday Bob! Between AMT's engine and ET's OCD attention to detail, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun soon enough...
BOB GTR34 likes this.
Old 10th May 2015, 03:54 PM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt j View Post
Bet you can't wait til Tuesday Bob! Between AMT's engine and ET's OCD attention to detail, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun soon enough...

Just hope we dont get any hiccups when mapping Matt But Rich will do all the checks to make sure everythings right.
Old 10th May 2015, 03:59 PM   #139 (permalink)
matt j is unaware they can edit their status
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Without reading back, what power are you aiming for at the mapping session Bob?
I would have come down to watch if I wasn't offshore again.
Old 10th May 2015, 04:01 PM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt j View Post
Without reading back, what power are you aiming for at the mapping session Bob?
I would have come down to watch if I wasn't offshore again.
Without chasing figures Matt i would be happy with anything over 600 at the wheels.
matt j likes this.