R35 Gear Box Advice - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By TAZZMAXX

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31st July 2015, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Astill is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

R35 Gear Box Advice

Hi All
I am new to this so would greatly appreciate any advice or pointers anyone might have on this! I have an R35 which I am utterly impressed by but last year Nissan fitted caps over the gear selector to sort out a fault and 12 months later to the week the gear box has a shift fork fault between gears 2 to 4 being out of alignment. Nissan have fixed this but worryingly said it could happen again at any time and nearly gave me a heart attack saying a new gear box would be over 16k. Other than this the car is brilliant and I wondered if anyone has had a similar problem, if it's something I should panic about or if there was a company that produce a good solution for this without me going bankrupt?

Any advice anyone has would be massively appreciated and thank you!
Old 31st July 2015, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Chronos is ripping up the tarmac with Godzilla ALL year round
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R35 Black Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astill View Post
Hi All
I am new to this so would greatly appreciate any advice or pointers anyone might have on this! I have an R35 which I am utterly impressed by but last year Nissan fitted caps over the gear selector to sort out a fault and 12 months later to the week the gear box has a shift fork fault between gears 2 to 4 being out of alignment. Nissan have fixed this but worryingly said it could happen again at any time and nearly gave me a heart attack saying a new gear box would be over 16k. Other than this the car is brilliant and I wondered if anyone has had a similar problem, if it's something I should panic about or if there was a company that produce a good solution for this without me going bankrupt?

Any advice anyone has would be massively appreciated and thank you!
read the thread below chap.. ive had ALL the gearbox faults unluckily.. and I've had them ALL fixed as well, fortunately. as a new gearbox is 18k +VAT!

Gearbox Reverse-1st/1st-R/Park-R selection issues/3 clutches +ACSpeedtechs cure(pics)
R35 GT-R Black Edition ACSpeedtech remap EcuTek / Dodson Uprated gearbox +2013software/Greddy Intercooler/Russ Fellows Custom Full exhaust system+Downpipes/ASNU 1050 Injectors/ACSpeedtech intakes/R888R 275~305/Alcon Extreme duty discs+Hawk pads
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Badders is loving his new Litchfield suspension
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Talk to Litchfields as they can strip and rebuild gear boxes and fix any faults saving you needing a new gear box, as Nissan are not qualified to do this.

Old 31st July 2015, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Astill is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Thanks Chronos I have had a good read and it's not as painful as a new one and Badders I will give Litchfields a call and thank you
Old 31st July 2015, 09:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
TAZZMAXX is counting the days :)
ADMIN

Cars owned: Fiat 500L, Honda Prelude 2.2 vtec 4ws, Prelude 2.0 - The Elf
Nissan talking shite again! It's a ****ing miracle they sell any of these cars with the bollocks they come out with.

Do yourself a favour and talk to one of the independents about it and they will be able to confirm that it is nowhere near that sort of money.
DonnyMac, Chronos, snuffy and 1 others like this.