Used R35 prices? - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum > General > Nissan GT-R > Ordering
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd March 2016, 11:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
RedRobert is Happy
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Used R35 prices?

Hi folks

Brother is looking for a fairly recent R35 (up to maybe 18 months old). Been on Autotrader etc and just cant get my head around some prices of 63 plates? - 60k odd. I reckon dealers are marking 5-7k from some trade ins or private buys that they go on the forecourt - maybe they reduce that by 1k or so to end punter. Seen one of these recently.

My question is, are buyers out there paying this sort of cash - nearly 60k odd for low mileage 63 plate - even 63k odd for 64 plates?? My 64 plate wasn't much more than that over 14 months ago with 1000 miles!

I know there is one thing about asking price and another about selling it at that. They seem to stay for sale for a while.

Doesn't seem to be too many 1000 miler/3 month old ones out there recently either coming from dealers out of demonstration - if I got a deal like mine again for an ex demo 65 or 16 plate I'd nearly think of going again given the relatively low annual cost of owning such a savage yock (based on what I reckon I'd get for mine private sale)!

Thoughts?
Old 23rd March 2016, 11:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
CT17 is in a fantastic R32 GT-R.
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: A GT-R... and some others.
Prices are there because the older ones are holding so well.

If an 11 plate is around £45-50k a 2 or 3 year newer one has to be worth that much more.
It does mean that quite often you are paying almost new price. (can get one for 72-74k new discounted)

Personally if a 63/14 plate is low 60k I'd rather pay 12-14k more for a new one.
At least the residuals look very good.

Only issues is, nobody knows how the R36 coming out will effect them, if you are planning to keep it 3 years.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CT17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 11:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Chronos is ripping up the tarmac with Godzilla

Cars owned: R35 Black Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT17 View Post
Prices are there because the older ones are holding so well.

If an 11 plate is around £45-50k a 2 or 3 year newer one has to be worth that much more.
It does mean that quite often you are paying almost new price. (can get one for 72-74k new discounted)

Personally if a 63/14 plate is low 60k I'd rather pay 12-14k more for a new one.
At least the residuals look very good.

Only issues is, nobody knows how the R36 coming out will effect them, if you are planning to keep it 3 years.
also depends how much the R36 will be, rumoured 2020 release and 125k+, and 800bhp ha ha

We shall see, either way I reckon it's gonna be a beast! Hypercar killer...........

Old 23rd March 2016, 12:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
CT17 is in a fantastic R32 GT-R.
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: A GT-R... and some others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
also depends how much the R36 will be, rumoured 2020 release and 125k+, and 800bhp ha ha

We shall see, either way I reckon it's gonna be a beast! Hypercar killer...........
True.
Personally I think the Nismo was a way to test the water and see if people will buy a £125k Nissan.

Seems they will.
Low volume might be the order of the day IF it's that good/expensive.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CT17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Chronos is ripping up the tarmac with Godzilla

Cars owned: R35 Black Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT17 View Post
True.
Personally I think the Nismo was a way to test the water and see if people will buy a £125k Nissan.

Seems they will.
Low volume might be the order of the day IF it's that good/expensive.
yeah, I personally think they will sell well, IF 800bhp++ out the box and it will tickle the hyper cars.
Old 23rd March 2016, 02:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Trevgtr is eating tyres and drinking 99ron, expensive diet, rapidly approaching 100k miles in R35's
GTROC Member

Prices have been strong on newer cars for over a year now, as said all bolstered by the early cars not dropping.

It's impossible to find a 15 plate for mid 60's (where at a year old they used to be) but rather more like high 60's.

Have seen a couple ex demo's for 69/70/71 too.

64 plates still around 63/64k.

Do they sell for that? Yes I believe they do, it's the new norm, although not many cars seem to have shifted over the winter, it's always the same ones at the same prices still being advertised. They should start shifting now spring's here and the sap is rising.
Old 23rd April 2016, 10:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
SteelOnMyFoot is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRobert View Post
Hi folks

Brother is looking for a fairly recent R35 (up to maybe 18 months old). Been on Autotrader etc and just cant get my head around some prices of 63 plates? - 60k odd. I reckon dealers are marking 5-7k from some trade ins or private buys that they go on the forecourt - maybe they reduce that by 1k or so to end punter. Seen one of these recently.

My question is, are buyers out there paying this sort of cash - nearly 60k odd for low mileage 63 plate - even 63k odd for 64 plates?? My 64 plate wasn't much more than that over 14 months ago with 1000 miles!

I know there is one thing about asking price and another about selling it at that. They seem to stay for sale for a while.

Doesn't seem to be too many 1000 miler/3 month old ones out there recently either coming from dealers out of demonstration - if I got a deal like mine again for an ex demo 65 or 16 plate I'd nearly think of going again given the relatively low annual cost of owning such a savage yock (based on what I reckon I'd get for mine private sale)!

Thoughts?
The older cars are holding there prices very well,good for the sellers but a setback for the buyers IMO

Last edited by SteelOnMyFoot; 23rd April 2016 at 10:13 PM..
SteelOnMyFoot is offline   Reply With Quote