• R32 GTR

Votes: 890 53.6%
  • R33 GTR

Votes: 770 46.4%

R32 GTR Vs R33 GTR

394K views 1K replies 343 participants last post by  james309 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all.... newbie as you probably guessed from the title :rolleyes:

This topic has probably been done soooo many times but i couldn't find anything when searching, soz.

I'm gonna be looking at getting a skyline in the new year but don't know yet how much i got to spend ;)

So what are the differences and what are the pro's and con's between the R32 GTR and R33 GTR ? Worth getting the V-spec R33 ?

Is there a buying guide anywhere ?

Best way to buy one... i.e. Trade, Private, Import etc etc Can anyone recommend any dealers ?

#265 ·
Dont need to paint my car any different colour as it's the best colour for an R33, not that horrible DULL grey R32 colour !! LOL
No, it didn't win ALL the races, but it was the foundation for the R33 THE BEST !!!

#278 ·
now now ladies, stop bitching!!! :)

this arguement will never cease, my cars great yours is shit, its bollox!!!

my mate has a 32 with about the same hp as mine and having driven it a fair few times i have to say i cant notice the weight difference at all, its a great car to drive with different handling to mine but his wheel/tyre /suspension combo is completely different to mine

i have to say im happier when im back in mine, the interior is a nicer place to be:)

thats the only bad point of the 32 in my opinion the dated interior:(

there all GTRs, there all great! you prefer yours, i prefer mine ,simple:D

#280 ·
1: 8.21 @ 176mph = R33 GTR = Shakespeare= Tweenierob/Mick Begley Backed up runs.

2: 8.27 @ 164mph = R33 GTR = Santa Pod = Sumo Power/Andy Barnes

3: 8.35 @ 164mph = R33 GTR = Santa Pod = Duke/Tim Webster

4: 8.85 @ 149mph = R32 GTR = Shakespeare = Team Cowie/Keith Cowie

5: 9.19 @ 158mph = Impreza STI 5 = York Dragway = Andy Forrest

6: 9.25 @ 154mph = R32 GTR = Santa Pod = Mark Moseley

7: 9.26 @ 161mph = Evo 9 = Santa Pod = Norris Designs/Simon Norris

8: 9.37 @ 144mph = Impreza = Elvington = RCM/Olly Clarke

9: 9.41 @137 = Impreza = Santa Pod = Steve Guirey/SMG Tuning

10: 9.46 @ 148mph = R32 GTR = Santa Pod = RK Tuning/Ron Kiddel
//***************

My O my an R33 GT-R 1st, 2nd and 3rd !!

Says it all !!! R33 still the dogs dangly bits !! LOL

Keep the abuse coming was just getting used to it LOL

#296 ·
Of course all of this means nothing.....

Fastest GTR is the world????......

Heat Treatments Racing R32:clap:

I too had the money for either the R32 or R33.....I bought the one that was built as a Road going racecar....Instead of the car that shares just as many chassis parts with a Maxima:D

#284 ·
I allready said it manytimes . . . there is only one real GTR and that is the Ford Skyliner. Every thing else from japan are cheap copies and nothing more then rebadged Primeras . . .
Just need to look at thoses times above . . . 0-50mph in 8.21 sec . . . my Saab is even faster then that . .uhhhh;)

#285 ·
getting hot in here LOL

#294 ·
No w

#295 ·
Now, it has to be the R35 !! Have you seen the interior !! Would put any Audi, BMW interior to shame and it goes like a scolded cat !!! 7. 27 round the ing.

Come on Ian, even you have to admit that its sexy now LOL

#299 ·
I have to admit I like a lot of the 32's style - has that Uniqueness that the 33 lost,

man, gotta say that the R33 has that Astra "feel" about it :nervous:

On the up note that same aspect lends a certain amount of "Wolf in Sheeps Clothing" which I love!

But for me the 32's archaic interior looses it for me, I grew up around older cheap cars and appreciate some creature comforts.

So for me the comfy R33 inside and newer car ( less problems ) wins it for me.

Am probably about to buy one soon, or will wait till next year and get an R34, not sure my patience will hold out that long though :D

#301 ·
Na, as I have said ealier the R32 was the proto type, the R33 was / is the perfect model and the R34 was all bulges and silly looks LOL

#302 ·
^^^^^^
:chuckle:

#305 ·
Errr, think you’ll find the same engine, gearbox and running gear on both cars LOL

However, the superb good-looking R33 bodywork was much much much more beautiful and aerodynamic than the wedge shape piece of cheese of the R32!!

#306 ·
Errr, think you’ll find the same engine, gearbox and running gear on both cars LOL
And some Maxima bits thrown in:nervous:

However, the superb good-looking R33 bodywork was much much much more beautiful and aerodynamic than the wedge shape piece of cheese of the R32!!
That would be the big whale shape that looks soo dated and plain?:D

#309 ·
Seems a fairly rounded kinda guy!
:thumbsup:
bob

#312 ·
I tell you something i didnt like about my old R33 GTR, and i know its a silly little petty thing, but i hated the fact it had a proper arial! It just really dated it, the 32 and 33 dont and use the windscreen arial thingy which just looks so much cleaner and doesnt mess with the lines of the car!
Just my ten pence worth.
:)
bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.