• R32 GTR

Votes: 890 53.6%
  • R33 GTR

Votes: 770 46.4%

R32 GTR Vs R33 GTR

394K views 1K replies 343 participants last post by  james309 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all.... newbie as you probably guessed from the title :rolleyes:

This topic has probably been done soooo many times but i couldn't find anything when searching, soz.

I'm gonna be looking at getting a skyline in the new year but don't know yet how much i got to spend ;)

So what are the differences and what are the pro's and con's between the R32 GTR and R33 GTR ? Worth getting the V-spec R33 ?

Is there a buying guide anywhere ?

Best way to buy one... i.e. Trade, Private, Import etc etc Can anyone recommend any dealers ?

#350 ·
Na R33 & R35 thata way to go !!!! forget them silly R32 & R34 !!LOL

#365 ·
Good lad !!!

#367 · (Edited)
an R33 I'd had my eye on a few years back has come up for sale. When I saw it, the asking price was $50,000, and probably worth it - it had 3037S topmounts and was tuned to the absolute nines - I don't think even a single screw had been left stock.

But now, under the carbon fiber bonnet, is some hideous lump of an engine tossed in, stock lowmounts, all the gauges stripped out, cheap wheels fitted...only thing that led me to recognize it was the bright red paint job and the Bride racing buckets. I guess the engine had been blown up, bits stripped out for cash, then finally a motor scrounged up and thrown in. I suppose the same thing happens to a lot of cars before they leave Japan; high spec cars that are all used up, then stripped a bit, a stock engine tossed in, then sold on.

A shame really - I would have rebuilt it back to the 800bhp spec the car had in the first place!

#369 ·
Good call, just skip the other two and go straight to the R35 !! I did !!

#370 ·
hehe i like the R35 very much..but i can't cash it at the moment..i have to make a leasing. not that bad at all, because i can subtract the full amount of the leasing on my taxes, but on the other side i don't like high fixcosts..then i have the pay each month about 800 bucks..hmm

#372 ·
Tough oneee

I've had the r33 le manz which ihave to say is an beautiful looking gtr, but was a pain to drive in traffic due to the twin plate clutch but turned heads everywhere.

Now I've bought an r32 gtr which I admit don't look as good! But the longer you look at it the more aggressive it gets, it looks like it's going to punch you in the mouth and then kick your gran down the stairs whislt waching your mum shower.... Ok maybe a little over kill there.

R33 and r32 in my case are completley different
r33 was 511 bhp running twin turbos with a twin plate clutch
r32 is running 569 with single turbo and a tripple plate carbon clutch which is easier to drive but a lot more lag, and runs a 1.5 way diff which is terrible for parking at tesco!

It just depends on what spec you want ?
They are both sexy mean looking mothers.....:blahblah:

#374 ·
Hi Jatee (is that Paul ??)

You know you are completely and utterly wrong about the R32 it is nearly as ugly as the R34 A square box !!!! Hence the R33 with flowing and sexy lines is a far better aerodynamic and gorgeous car!! And as they both use the same engine and gearbox you can have any configuration you want, twin or silly big single (lots of lag) turbo, Getrag straight cut gearboxes, single, double or triple clutch etc Just depends on what you wanna do with the car, neither of mine are drag cars, both honed for the Track.

eeer um. Don’t think I was “arse kicked” at the Redline meet. It was supposed to Old V New and I expected it to be like for like, and not a stripped out 600bhp R32.

As you know I had the car in fully automatic “comfort” mode for the one and only run I did and I didn’t have a chance to have a second run with Launch control on !! I only did the one run, not like some who had 3 attempts !!!!

Yes, I will admit that 4 secs to 60 in your highly modified R32 was good, but my R33 NOT stripped out and running around the same power as your R32 does 0 – 60 in 3.5 (12 year old car) as does the R35, and with launch control will do it in 3.3 secs! LOL (or so I wanted to try!)

Horses for courses and yes, it was nice to meet a lot of like minded peeps, just a shame we spent so long ****ing around with the pictures !!! Hopefully one day we might meet up again, I will be at CC this Sat if you wanted to bring your laggy R32 ! LOL (I’lll be in the R33

#376 ·
ha haaa WHAT!!!! as i put it in my last message it was a joke!!!
but hey i wasnt there that day i wish i was, i cant compete with your beautiful skyline lines (money wise) and as the car has only just been built its taken a bit to get use to..

and with the rear seat removed YEAH A COMPLETLEY STRIPPED OUT 600BHP R32 its hardly 400kg lighter?? lol
its 569bhp and stop exaggerating like a women haha granddad comfort mode:clap:

anal retentive

ive read your email and all i can under stand is :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:
and no its not paul it jamie cheers

#377 ·
Hi Jamie

I also noticed that you didn't drive the car, was that also something to do with the weight? LOL

See you guys soon I hope ! LOL

#382 ·
Hmmm and the LM is an R33 !!! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.