• R32 GTR

Votes: 890 53.6%
  • R33 GTR

Votes: 770 46.4%

R32 GTR Vs R33 GTR

394K views 1K replies 343 participants last post by  james309 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all.... newbie as you probably guessed from the title :rolleyes:

This topic has probably been done soooo many times but i couldn't find anything when searching, soz.

I'm gonna be looking at getting a skyline in the new year but don't know yet how much i got to spend ;)

So what are the differences and what are the pro's and con's between the R32 GTR and R33 GTR ? Worth getting the V-spec R33 ?

Is there a buying guide anywhere ?

Best way to buy one... i.e. Trade, Private, Import etc etc Can anyone recommend any dealers ?

#102 ·
GTR-Zilla said:
look at the best motoring vid where there two silver skylines were tearing through country lanes, R32 kept up with the R33 V spec no problems...

When I test drove the two R33's inc a v spec prior to buying my R32 the R33 felt a bit big, bloated and like a boat.. The R32 felt more solid and had good change or direction and feel in the steering..
you took the words straight out of my mouth, test drove a V-spec GTR33before deciding on a GTR32 and it did not impress me, the 32 felt 'alive'.

Depends if you want a fast Sierra/Mondeo look a like thats admitidly a little more comfortable than the 32, personally I didnt

#107 ·
i like the 33 over the 32.the 32 looks well dated against a 33.i have seen a couple of 32`s that i thought looked the biz a black 32gtr and some of the race type ones look ok. the 33 looks more up todate not as wild looking as a 34 but still looks great.

is there much difference in weights for a everyday owner to notice.what weights are all the standard gtr`s

think my fave is the 34 in anyother colour than blue

#108 ·
Poll looks pretty even eh, hehe!

I have to admit that the R33 was my favourite of the three (or two at the time) for years. It seems to me that it's still probably the sleekest of the GTR's (anyone know the drag co-efficients of these three?).
My opinion has changed in the last couple of years and particularly when I started looking into buying a GTR and saw a few close up. The R32 is now my firm favourite..... I know, I'm biased cause I bought one but then I'm sure most of the replies on here are too ;).
I love the aggressive lines on the 32, it's not the prettiest of cars but it isn't trying to be. Just lower it a bit and maybe put some bigger wheels and it looks ready to go out on track and gobble up cossies and M3s :D .

Don't get me wrong though, if I won the lottery I'd have one of each (+R34 too :smokin: )!!!

Jonny

#110 ·
I've never seent his poll run so close - it's almost 50/50.:popcorn:

Obviously what you really want is an R34 Z-tune:bowdown1: , but like most of the rest of us, it's probably out of your reach.
Give it 10 years & we will all be fighting over them.:bawling:

Having said that, most of the top project cars at the moment seem to be R33s.:squintdan

#112 ·
kornmonkey said:
I've never seent his poll run so close - it's almost 50/50.:popcorn:

Obviously what you really want is an R34 Z-tune:bowdown1: , but like most of the rest of us, it's probably out of your reach.
Give it 10 years & we will all be fighting over them.:bawling:

Having said that, most of the top project cars at the moment seem to be R33s.:squintdan

Never seen a 33 looking this good!
V
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=50573
:D
;)
Bobby

#113 ·
I prefer the R32, perfected the old-skool look without appearing embarassingly 80's. It is the first Skyline with the RB26DETT engine which is well ahead of its time. It is the right size, not too long or wide (unlike the 300ZX and Supra barges)

R33 is a nice car, but looks "heavy" and sometimes the jelly bean styling cues (a bit like the shamefully ugly MKIV Supra) just takes away from the car's aggressiveness.

#114 ·
Having said that, most of the top project cars at the moment seem to be R33s.
well if you want to get into that:

I think you will find most of the top project cars are evo's and scoobys... :(

The point being though even they and the "barge like" 33 project cars pail into insignificance next to Keith and his R32. Go figure..... Ron K is doing pretty well too.

Out of interest, how many 33's have dipped into the 9's in the europeon scene?

#115 ·
gtr mart said:
well if you want to get into that:

I think you will find most of the top project cars are evo's and scoobys... :(

The point being though even they and the "barge like" 33 project cars pail into insignificance next to Keith and his R32. Go figure..... Ron K is doing pretty well too.

Out of interest, how many 33's have dipped into the 9's in the europeon scene?
Won't be long from what I hear :runaway:

#117 ·
I have had both an R32gtr and an R33gtr and i can say for definate that you can immediatly feel that the r32 is a lighter car and seems to have sharper handling.

I prefer my R32 for the driving expirience but the R33 for the better looks (if it looks like daveW's and is done nicely then there is no argument there)

The hard part is finding an R32 in perfect condition but also you can get a stage 2 32gtr for the price of a stage 1 33gtr which is a bonus !

Both have good and bad points but i think that the poll shows everything and that it is a hard one to call !

#119 ·
do the supermarket car park challenge and you will get ya ansa!

parked my r33 gtr v-spec up next door but one space to a fairly modded r32gtr @ asda
on return, saw small group of teenagers hanging around my car pointing etc. i held back for a few moments out of sight to see if they noticed the 32. yes , they did but dismissed it.
i went over. they asked the usual ?`s how fast, 0-60, bhp etc. i asked what they thought of the `32 - nice but old fashioned one commented, another asked if it was a someting else with a skyline badge on it? he he he.
they all agreed the 33 is THE skyline - coolest, wicked, sorted, awesome - usual teenager stuff. - can i have ride? (not bloody likely).
dont get me wrong - i think all skylines are the muts, but everyone i have asked (who does not own a skyline) thinks it is one seriuosly cool car and by far the sleekest looking - (girls espacially ;-))
ps. it also drives like a dream.
i know its not all about the "looks" but i get convinced everyday by the "general public - friends etc) that i bought the right one.
although, if i could afford a 34?????? :)

#121 ·
nick the tubman said:
do the supermarket car park challenge and you will get ya ansa!

parked my r33 gtr v-spec up next door but one space to a fairly modded r32gtr @ asda
on return, saw small group of teenagers hanging around my car pointing etc. i held back for a few moments out of sight to see if they noticed the 32. yes , they did but dismissed it.
i went over. they asked the usual ?`s how fast, 0-60, bhp etc. i asked what they thought of the `32 - nice but old fashioned one commented, another asked if it was a someting else with a skyline badge on it? he he he.
they all agreed the 33 is THE skyline - coolest, wicked, sorted, awesome - usual teenager stuff. - can i have ride? (not bloody likely).
dont get me wrong - i think all skylines are the muts, but everyone i have asked (who does not own a skyline) thinks it is one seriuosly cool car and by far the sleekest looking - (girls espacially ;-))
ps. it also drives like a dream.
i know its not all about the "looks" but i get convinced everyday by the "general public - friends etc) that i bought the right one.
although, if i could afford a 34??????
To be honest, when I didnt know what I was talking baout the 33 seemed like the one to go for. After doing a bit of research and realising what all that extra styling flab did to the ride I knew better.

As god said in the bible: The 34 is the one most rich people like,

the 33 is the one that kids like,

the 32 is the one that enthusiasts and people that like to 'drive' their cars love.

(flame suit zipped and ready for action) :)

#123 ·
Lads !
The 32 spoke for itself.:clap: :clap:

Leave those enlightened by computer games and hollywood to their uneducated diatribes . :blahblah: :blahblah:
Cokey

#125 ·
I love all the GTR models.
I chose an R33 because:
It was the best I can afford (R34 well beyond budget):bawling:
And the R32 was too old.
And I liked the look of the R33.
My mate has an R32 GTR and its a superb car and it does look more aggressive than the R33 with sharper lines.
My R33 gets way more looks than his because mainly its not got the classic 80s shape shell. But it doesnt make them any worst a car.
Only problem with my R33 is that it seems to attract a bit too much attention when in a public place ie petrol stations. Kids seem to know their cars from computer games and films pretty well!

#126 ·
[/QUOTE]

I'll let you all battle it out between yourselves.... but just had to say this car is stunning.

Had a GTR33..... sold GTR33..... probably get a GTR32 now .....

33 great car in everyway.... bit too round for my liking now.

32 or 34 all the way ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.