• R32 GTR

Votes: 890 53.6%
  • R33 GTR

Votes: 770 46.4%

R32 GTR Vs R33 GTR

394K views 1K replies 343 participants last post by  james309 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all.... newbie as you probably guessed from the title :rolleyes:

This topic has probably been done soooo many times but i couldn't find anything when searching, soz.

I'm gonna be looking at getting a skyline in the new year but don't know yet how much i got to spend ;)

So what are the differences and what are the pro's and con's between the R32 GTR and R33 GTR ? Worth getting the V-spec R33 ?

Is there a buying guide anywhere ?

Best way to buy one... i.e. Trade, Private, Import etc etc Can anyone recommend any dealers ?

#165 ·
You have to realise this is a matter of taste. I don't like a lot of aspects of the R34s personally.

I don't get it with people saying the R32s FEEL more agile, I like to use the term "skittish" to describe the relative handling of an R32 to an R33 or R34. Being poor at putting its power down or keeping itself planted and flicking itself around doesn't mean agile to me.

#167 ·
I think the 33 is little bit more forgiving (i think thats the word i'm looking for) drive and a little bit roomier than than the 32 and also has a bit more boot space. I'm just talking from a practical point of view not a mechanical one.

Why?

I would say that the GTS is a better daily driver than a GT-R, from a cost/wear and tear perspective, but I can see no reason why a well maintained BNR32 should perform any worse as an everyday car than a BNR33..

#169 ·
R32 you know I will dispute that !! Hows it goin Andy ?

#170 ·
#171 ·
Rasonline

R32 MODERN ???? 20years out of date me ol fruit !! And as we all know the R43 is a "play station" mock up !! The R33 GT-R rules. LOL

#173 ·
I already voted, but i'm on-the-fence. I really love the classic R32 look, but in the flesh the R33 has presence, it looks much more menacing in person. It is newer, a bit more comfortable, but the exterior can look a bit too... 'big'. I'm thinking of buying a R33 so I better make sure i'm happy with what I buy...

like I said, i'm on-the-fence.

#176 ·
R33 GT-R everythime, and you know that !!!

#181 ·
I won't swear to them but the figures are what I recall from the Prospec site. R33 GT-R were 6,900 ish I think. That figure includes all models including 400R, Le Mans, N1 etc. Vspec figure I can't remember, but it was low. Less than 2,000 I think.

I am surprised how close the pole is though. I thought the 32s would run away with it.

#183 ·
well - I've driven all 3 models - and whilst the 34 is the best all round, it's too expensive for me at the mo. When I decided to buy a GTR earlier this year, I was dead set on a 32 - as far as I was concerned, they were the dogs dangles... however!
I drove a 32, and whilst powerful n all, a bit of an old dog to drive (mind it wasn't the best example either- but you feel you're in an '80s car for sure) - drove a 33 and knew instantly that it was the better choice! Took a bit longer to love the shape, but I'm sure once it arrives here from Japan, it'll be true love 4eva XXXXX - *ahem* 'scuse me while I nip to the bathroom.... :nervous:

#185 ·
out of all of the cars i have to say that i prefer the r34,but due to the massive cost difference i was going to opt for the r33, but due to me not being very patient i jumped the gun a little and went for the r32 but now i realise that in alot of ways the r32 is more like the r34 than the r33 plus its lighter dont need a cat and theres a lot more spares out there. as far as i am concerned all three generations of car are the bollocks :chuckle: but if you want car for your money then buy a 32 coz for 15k you can get a really hot one, where you only get a mildly tuned 33, but each to there own.

#186 · (Edited)
I dont really like the R32 for some reason, see quite a few around and it just dont apeal to me at all. it will take a hell of a lot of external modification to make them look up to date.

look out of date and boring for today

but then there is one of best looking r32 today. The way it look is so much more up to date.

#187 ·
I chose the R33 because (a) most models will be younger and hopefully more likely to get one in better shape, and (b) I think the arse end looks better than the R32. So as a skyline rookie, I didn't choose based on mechanics - purely looks and wear and tear.

To me the arse end of the skyline is it's trade mark, and the R32 has skinny little lights that look dated imo. The 34 does it best, but the 33 still looks great and was all I could afford. :D

#188 ·
To me i like them all and i've had one of each, :D R34 GTT, R33 GTR, R32 GTR
but ive gone backwards in year and now own what i consider the best in my mind, an R32 GTR it just says race pedigree to me which i think the 34 has to a certain extent but the R33 never feels like it has it feels a bit more like it was designed with looks in mind rather than function and it kinda shows as it looks like a product of that design ethos.
But like i said they're all fantastic cars and i would'nt want any other kind of car than any of the GTR's.

#190 · (Edited)
Now that man is talking sense!
:D
bob

#193 ·
R33, every time !!! guess why ??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.