• R32 GTR

Votes: 890 53.6%
  • R33 GTR

Votes: 770 46.4%

R32 GTR Vs R33 GTR

394K views 1K replies 343 participants last post by  james309 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all.... newbie as you probably guessed from the title :rolleyes:

This topic has probably been done soooo many times but i couldn't find anything when searching, soz.

I'm gonna be looking at getting a skyline in the new year but don't know yet how much i got to spend ;)

So what are the differences and what are the pro's and con's between the R32 GTR and R33 GTR ? Worth getting the V-spec R33 ?

Is there a buying guide anywhere ?

Best way to buy one... i.e. Trade, Private, Import etc etc Can anyone recommend any dealers ?

#138 ·
That's not a showplate, it's the proper numberplate.

My mate owned that car from new and built it up to what's there. Since had a few new owners though.

My mates gone all American and bought some 10 litre Barracuda or something...... !! Go figure.

#130 ·
R33 is for me the affordable dream car. even with 100k to spend, i would go for an R33(and nicely modify it offcourse! tube frame chassis and carbon shell, 650 whp and still the normal interior(with some hidden gauges and carbon seats...nice satnav/dvd player and uprated 6x9s and you have the perfect car.

#131 ·
#132 ·
the 32 is where it all began the classic,

33 does look more modern etc, and im sure it will attract more attention, if you park it in asdas, but i dont want a group of chav kids around my car thank you very much

those in the know is where you get the respect from

id rather a bunch of kids think my car is a 200sx with a gtr badge stuck on im not fussed, i dont want the "bad" attention

#134 ·
R33 is a better GT car I'd say. Owned a 33 VSPEC and driven plenty of R32's as well.

When I say a better GT car I mean in the true sense. Think if I was taking a trip to the ring, fast motorway driving, fast roads etc etc I'd much prefer the 33. Feel like you sit lower and the longer wheelbase makes it feel more stable for sure.

But the R32 is certainly feels more nimble.........the slight weight difference (and it is slight in the grand scheme of things) doesn't really hurt the feel in my opinion when you drive an R33, but it certainly does feel bigger.

Horses for courses once again, no one here can decide for you, you'll have to drive both to choose. Most choose R32's when they drive both because if feels more nimble, but just take your time as if it's a daily driver you might not want to have to feel constantly involved and I found the R33 a better daily driven car.............and once you get some serious grunt under them, they come to life even more.................

Just my 2 cents.

#135 ·
r32 if u want a Powerfull Road car , R33 is also powerfull , but it's not light , for me , if it's gonna be a normal daliy drive car , u can go to the R33 , since it's not that fast , but if u wana a highe performuns road car , u can go to the r32 , but for me , it's pointless to have car with 700 HP or more for daliy drive , when will u use this power??? highe ways??? not enaf...

#139 ·
have you ever driven a 33 ?

not that fast... as std none of them are that fast. however out of the box the 33 has a higher top speed due to the more aerodynamic design.

with mild mods to either they are both fast. don't be lulled in by size when you drive the 33 it feels half the size it is. in fact the only thing I didn't like about the 33 was parking it as it takes up a whole parking space.

still the 32 isn't hugely different in size.

32 is more driver oriented but the 33 is a great motorway car and still goes very well on a circuit.

/Steve

#142 ·
I always go through a love/hate relationship with the R33's....some days I love em, others I dont. I initally wanted an R33 but ended up buying an R32, wasnt the money.

They do look nice with a like a JUN, Trust or Do-Luck kit on them and deep dish alloys ! Think its the deeper bumpers and the sideshirts sticking out a bit more that makes them look really nice.

I think if you put the R32 next to an R34 you can see a logical progression in the shape, the R33 doesnt, it doesnt really fit with the other two but it still looks good.

Never even been in an R33....driven both R32 & R34 so cant comment on the ride of them.

I think they're all starting to look dated now, uber cars though :)

#143 ·
the r32 is not only more nimble, but in my opinion is an excellent motorway cruiser - just as good as an r33. to compare off topic - id much rather be in an r32 than an rx7[too crampt] or a supra [feels too big and not enough feedback from the steering wheel] back on topic - and i cant see any advantage a r33 has over a 32. it might be a few years newer - but the 32 has the most agressive shape.

in my view there is no better car than an R32GTR fitted with the Bee*R R324 kit - i think it looks better than the r34.

#144 ·
I think Nigel F said a good comment to me recently :

The R32 and R34's are smaller inside then an R33 ! and when your 20ft tall like him then the R33 feels alot more comfy !

I'm only 5'10" so my R32 fits me fine :)

I recon all Skylines make good motorway animals :)

#146 ·
I tried both standard 33gtr and standard 32gtr and i must be honest and say that the 32gtr was noticablly quicker , now ive owned the 32 for a while now , when i see 33's on the road they look effin huge and dare i say cumbersome lol but those "gtr" letters on the back make all models worth while !

#147 ·
In my opinion the R33 looks great, but it truly is the R32's fat sister.

The R32 just looks mean, its timeless, the 33 looked great when it came out then started looking very dated to me.

I mainly don't like the rear end of the R33, also the fact that the 33 is basically the same engine and heavier.

I'm set to buy an R32 GT-R this year, I can't freakin' wait, replace my HR31 Coupe, now thats a rare car where I live, Western Australia, theres probably only about 100 or so in the country, I love my 31 :p

#148 · (Edited)
what's with the R33's fat ass, yet it has less than half the boot space as the R32??? Spent some time this weekend with a mate's R33, in which he's fitting a T88. No trunk space!!!

I must say however, that the R33 wing is by far the best of the three (R32, R33, R34). I will fit a D.speed Python wing, which is basically an R33 wing for the R32, as soon as I can manage it.

BNR32 forever, no matter how much it costs me :p

#155 ·
Here's my two cents, hope it counts for something.

Having owned an R32, I can attest it's lighter, and slightly more agile then the R33. It's a good car, but the R33 feels more planted to the road, likely because of the added weight. Having driven an R33 a few times, I can also attest that it has that increased redline, which I like. The car is much more stable, but the R32 GT-R, again, is quicker. So I have to stand at styling, and that's where the R33 comes ahead... by an inch.

Skyline lovers love the boxiness of the car, likely because it displays such a presence. The car is a technological wonder, at least for it's day (2002).

Still the R33, curves out all the dull spots from the R32, and makes them more noticeable, such as the headlights, the tailights, and the bumpers and sidesills.

Overall it all comes down to which one you're more comfortable in. The R33 works for me, but the R32 could work for you... it's all on the one that truly sticks out in your head as a...

Skyline.

What a beautiful word...:)

#161 ·
I love them both but i think if you are using it as an everyday car the r33 is a better choice
Why?

I would say that the GTS is a better daily driver than a GT-R, from a cost/wear and tear perspective, but I can see no reason why a well maintained BNR32 should perform any worse as an everyday car than a BNR33..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.