GTR Forum banner

Best Wheel size R35 on track

12K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Supertec 
#1 ·
Hi, hope i'm in the right place, but i'm going to purchase a set of wheels for my R35 which will be exclusively used on track (and on the drive to the track). In your opinions which wheel size and tyre choice would you go for? I was thinking R888??

#5 ·
advan 18x11 et15 315/30/18 r888r you will need adjustable front camber arms if using stock wings ,jj hook ap and xp20 pads and you'll need it stiff too

one of the best mods you'll ever do

Attachments

#10 ·
one of the best mods you'll ever do
Please elaborate ...

I can understand wanting to reduce unsprung mass and I can imagine people doing this (not on a GTR) to increase ride comfort by increasing the profile of the tyres. I know a lot of people who drive GTRs very regularly on track but don't think I know any who use anything smaller than 20" rimes.

If the tyre widths are the same as with the 20" option why is there more grip? The GTR is very heavy and creates huge forces on track, if you go for a higher profile sidewall, you're possibly losing some composure in the car and making it bounce, even rolling the sidewalls a bit ...?

These are genuine questions based on my limited knowledge ...

#17 ·
Initially yes I agree. But even if you get a good price your paying £1k + per set of R888 which may last a couple of trackdays. But if you go down the route of slicks for the 18", you can pick up a set of 4 with plenty of life left for £100. Plus less un sprung weight should offer better handling. Food for thought

#21 ·
:eek: thats too tight for comfort, 0.5mm is nothing and once rolling/heat expansion, its too close. CBA size discs might be better as they are 10mm shorter.

If you know any source of TSW Nurburging in Europe pls let me know, I have a set of 20s but would like to buy another set on 18 or 19 for track only, does anybody know if 18s will clear the DBA brakes ? I run also AP Racing slotted 390mm
TSW have a stock locater on their website.. you can try calling Litchfields as they are a TSW distributor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.