GT-R sold to RS Direct - good experience - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By tonigmr2
  • 2 Post By NickB
  • 2 Post By NickB
  • 1 Post By NickB

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18th March 2017, 11:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
NickB is spending a lot of time at petrol stations...
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: MY13 GTR
GT-R sold to RS Direct - good experience

I decided to sell my gtr so called Autotorque and RS Direct. Took it to AT as they are relatively close to me. They bid me more or less what I expected as they chipped off a chunk of money from their original bid as the front discs are very worn and front tyres questionable (inside edges). Adrian at RS was a much higher price - and i'd had already told him about the discs etc. It was the quickest and easiest sale you can imagine. He took a quick look a the car, stuck to his original bid and paid me.
Old 18th March 2017, 11:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
charles charlie is Running his engine in...
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: E36 M3 Evo, Mini Cooper S, 996 Boxster S, Caterham Super 7, Merc Tractor :(
Good to hear.

Goes to show the R35 is a very good automotive purchase as they have rock solid residuals

Engine forged by Riverside Racing
Capricorn pistons Arrow rods
Tomei Poncams
Russ Fellows Zorst
Litchfield Superstock IC
Racing Brake BBK
SSP trans cooler
2015 interior/alloys/nav upgraded
Nismo cluster
Litcho handling
DBA front + Varis CF bonnet
TTE7XX turbos = ???bhp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
charles charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 12:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chronos is ripping up the tarmac with Godzilla

Cars owned: R35 Black Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles charlie View Post
Good to hear.

Goes to show the R35 is a very good automotive purchase as they have rock solid residuals
and the cba/dba are increasing in price as well!
Old 19th March 2017, 04:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles charlie View Post
Good to hear.

Yes, i paid 53k last November and RS paid me 49.5 It needed front discs+pads+tyres. Think they have it up for 56. I came out of an M4 before the gtr - Bmw M cars have savage depreciation, tho running costs relatively low.
Old 20th March 2017, 02:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
besty is counting down to delivery
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: M5 Touring, MY12 R35 previously UK R34
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB View Post
I decided to sell my gtr so called Autotorque and RS Direct. Took it to AT as they are relatively close to me. They bid me more or less what I expected as they chipped off a chunk of money from their original bid as the front discs are very worn and front tyres questionable (inside edges). Adrian at RS was a much higher price - and i'd had already told him about the discs etc. It was the quickest and easiest sale you can imagine. He took a quick look a the car, stuck to his original bid and paid me.
Exactly my experience when I sold my 12 car to RS Direct in December. Very professional.
Old 20th March 2017, 02:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
billythefish is enjoying GTR life!

Quote:
Yes, i paid 53k last November and RS paid me 49.5 It needed front discs+pads+tyres. Think they have it up for 56. I came out of an M4 before the gtr - Bmw M cars have savage depreciation, tho running costs relatively low.
Nick it's Kyle here off the WhatsApp chat you were on. You didn't last long in R35 ownership, what made you sell it, I thought you were loving it? You also had some wrapping done by my mates company Ants Graphics, he said you were in a couple of months back.....
Old 20th March 2017, 03:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
evogeof is the official popcorn seller and another popcorn is fake
GTROC Member

Cars owned: MY60 Gtr black edition
i arrange to view a car at rs/gtr direct on a saturday i was at a show at castle combe (spring action day) he couldn't be assed to wait 20 mins for me so i never bothered with them nor would i ever bother with them again even if i was desperate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
evogeof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 03:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Trev is Team Sheldrake Racing
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R35 GT-R
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
and the cba/dba are increasing in price as well!
Really? Where?
Old 20th March 2017, 03:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev View Post
Really? Where?
Well mines worth 1-2k more now, than when i bought it 2 years ago = win!

Last edited by Chronos; 20th March 2017 at 03:26 PM..
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 03:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Trev is Team Sheldrake Racing
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R35 GT-R
Cool, makes me feel less bad for loosing out on about £8k on what my old R32 would be worth now!
Old 20th March 2017, 03:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev View Post
Cool, makes me feel less bad for loosing out on about £8k on what my old R32 would be worth now!
come the year 2030, the R37 will be out, R35's will be valued up like R34s, and hailed as one of the last great petrol supercars/supercoupe/supercarslayer.

maybe, haha.
Old 20th March 2017, 04:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
terry lloyd is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
come the year 2030, the R37 will be out, R35's will be valued up like R34s, and hailed as one of the last great petrol supercars/supercoupe/supercarslayer.

maybe, haha.
I doubt the 36 will be out by then let alone the 37
Old 20th March 2017, 04:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
tonigmr2 is Imminent

Cars owned: MR2 TC, GT86, R34GTR, Disco4
I also doubt the R35 will attain 34 values...too many of them in comparison!
nurburgringgtr likes this.

Girls drive GTRs too!!
tonigmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 05:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Monster GTR is Full member

Cars owned: Many inc 2010 GTR, Litchfield Type 25, Sapp Cos Power Engineering 2400, Capri Turbo Technics
Yes my son sold his Golf GTI Clubsport S to RS Direct. Couldnt have been easier and got £2000 more than he paid for it so a good bid.
Old 20th March 2017, 09:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evogeof View Post
i arrange to view a car at rs/gtr direct on a saturday i was at a show at castle combe (spring action day) he couldn't be assed to wait 20 mins for me so i never bothered with them nor would i ever bother with them again even if i was desperate.
Yep, i get that - my mate had a completely different outcome to me with RS. Can only go by your personal experience.
TAZZMAXX and evogeof like this.
Old 20th March 2017, 09:58 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythefish View Post
Nick it's Kyle here off the WhatsApp chat you were on. You didn't last long in R35 ownership, what made you sell it, I thought you were loving it? You also had some wrapping done by my mates company Ants Graphics, he said you were in a couple of months back.....
Hi Kyle, i'm a bit reluctant to say why, because it's a great car and i don't want to talk it down now i'm out of it. But i guess i got used to the straight line speed, i got pissed off with the lack of fuel range. I was never happy with the noise of the engine, and the ride started to get on my nerves. Against that, the seats were really comfortable and it's the best cornering road car i've ever driven. The auto is smooth, manual shift amazing and great reception whenever i parked it or stopped - unlike a Porsche for example in which you are by default assumed to be a ******.

But to put my brief ownership in perspective, over the last 10yrs or so i've run 3-5 cars at a time and owned four 911's, plus more recently a couple of 911 turbos, rs4, rs3, a couple of M3's an M4 (very disappointing) , 1M , 968CS track car and quite a few other quick cars (about 40 i think over the years) So that probably says more about me than the gtr ! I've just bought a new C63 for the sound, ride , comfort, useability , rwd hoonage etc and it'll be a daily driver for me. It's got the performance zorst and top spec and with a GAD map it'll make decent power. I'm very glad i bought the gtr, it was on my list and was a good experience. Never been a Ferrari or Lambo guy... Maybe i'll get back into a MY17 at some point...

Edited to add, that the wrap started to "unwrap" itself. I'd like to think it was because i'd been driving at warp speed, but i don't think that's the reason.
Biffa and billythefish like this.
Old 22nd March 2017, 02:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
billythefish is enjoying GTR life!

Quote:
Hi Kyle, i'm a bit reluctant to say why, because it's a great car and i don't want to talk it down now i'm out of it. But i guess i got used to the straight line speed, i got pissed off with the lack of fuel range. I was never happy with the noise of the engine, and the ride started to get on my nerves. Against that, the seats were really comfortable and it's the best cornering road car i've ever driven. The auto is smooth, manual shift amazing and great reception whenever i parked it or stopped - unlike a Porsche for example in which you are by default assumed to be a ******.

But to put my brief ownership in perspective, over the last 10yrs or so i've run 3-5 cars at a time and owned four 911's, plus more recently a couple of 911 turbos, rs4, rs3, a couple of M3's an M4 (very disappointing) , 1M , 968CS track car and quite a few other quick cars (about 40 i think over the years) So that probably says more about me than the gtr ! I've just bought a new C63 for the sound, ride , comfort, useability , rwd hoonage etc and it'll be a daily driver for me. It's got the performance zorst and top spec and with a GAD map it'll make decent power. I'm very glad i bought the gtr, it was on my list and was a good experience. Never been a Ferrari or Lambo guy... Maybe i'll get back into a MY17 at some point...

Edited to add, that the wrap started to "unwrap" itself. I'd like to think it was because i'd been driving at warp speed, but i don't think that's the reason.
Interesting read and thanks for the reply. Why were you so disappointed with the M4, one of my neighbours has just bought one although I'm yet to see him to discuss it with him. I think they're great looking cars, always fancied one myself if ever I could bring myself to sell the GTR.
Old 22nd March 2017, 07:18 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythefish View Post
Why were you so disappointed with the M4, one of my neighbours has just bought one although I'm yet to see him to discuss it with him. I think they're great looking cars, always fancied one myself if ever I could bring myself to sell the GTR.
Where do i start... I had an E36 M3 saloon in 1995 and since then a couple of E46 M3's. Generally they are a bit over-rated in my view, but they do tick a lot of boxes. I didn't like the V8's lack of torque so when the M4 came out, i thought it should be good, and the looks were great etc.

The noise was crap - but i sorted that with a Mperf zorst, which was one of the best sounding zorsts i've had.

It felt slow. And i didn't like the gearing.

The ride was very "fidgety" - because the chassis was so taut - i think it has torsional rigidity not far off the GTR's. But that made it unstable over crap B roads where i spend most of my time and frankly uncomfortable - i can imagine it's excellent on track.

The ride was hard, the seats were hard

The drive by wire throttle was way to sensitive (in sport+) - the E46 had well known issues on this, but you;d have thot they had sorted it by now.

There was little differentiation between driving modes. So i thot it would cover all bases but in reality it was never relaxing to drive. In DefCon3 it was brilliant, even in the wet it wasn't bad with TC part off. But traction on damp roads was still poor.

Tyre noise was horrific on Mways etc.

Fuel economy was dire - i know,, who cares, but it wasnt much more than the gtr but it advertises 50% better than gtr.

I did a couple of thousand miles blasting round scotland and it was very enjoyable , but as a daily driver it didn't do it for me.

What really did it for me though was driving a gtr... and then the m4 had to go.

I've bought a new C63 , perf zorst, top spec, and that is everything i thot the M4 would be, and a whole lot more. Totally different league in every respect. Absolutely amazing and ideal daily. I wont bang on about that on a gtr forum tho...
billythefish likes this.