GTR Forum banner

Want to buy a R34 GT-R

5K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  R33_GTS-t 
#1 ·
Hi! i want to buy a R34 GTR, maximum price 25k! tell me what you got!

plz no comment like "psst you will never find a car for that price"

//Best Regards
Patrik

#4 ·
I think you would be better off finding one in Japan. Import regulations in the uk makes pricing silly there at the moment. Im guessing you are not based in the uk. Not easy to get them registered elsewhere either but not impossible.

#11 ·
Patrik.L said:
i'm living in sweden!
Hej Patrik,

I take it that you have looked over on skyline.se for any possible R34 sales in Sweden ? I don't think you'll have much luck though as I think there are only about 5 odd road legal 34 GTR's in Sweden at the mo (Although I am sure Perra will correct me on this :p ).

Plus from what I understand you are going to have fun getting it registered over there if you do get one :(

Good luck.

Shaun.

#13 ·
Patrik.L said:
there's no problem to register it in sweden if it has already been registered in the UK, but if it's a japan import thats not registered in any EU couuntry then it's not going to be cheap, and not easy...
there is a gal on here called skylinecity who has a r34 gtr which she cant get registered in th euk, it may be worth contacting her as she might sell it cheap

cheers
sean

oh yeah there is a guy on here callled perra also from sweden

#14 ·
At the moment we have 3 registered BNR34's in Sweden. Two of them are UK supplied (one of those belong to Perra) and one of them was imported directly from Japan.

In addition we also have at least 4 non-registered BNR34's in Sweden, including mine. All of them were imported from the UK but originally came from Japan. There is one more confirmed BNR34 on its way to Sweden.

There are rumours of 3 additional BNR34's on their way, but nothing confirmed yet.

If I'm not mistaken you're in for a hard time finding a R34 GT-R for £ 25K or less in the UK, and even if you do the question is whether you would want it or not, with regard to the probable specification and condition of the car.

If you're not dead set on a R34 GT-R, my advice would be that you go for a high-spec R33 GT-R in excellent condition instead. That way you might even make buck selling it some day in the future, should you wish to upgrade to a R34 GT-R then.

#16 ·
but i need some help from you guys.....im looking to buy a skyline ....but im in the u.s.
i have about 45,000 dollars u.s. to spend on a 99 or 00 skyline gtr-34 vspec or non
but i cant find anywhere to get one for as low as 35,ooo dollars u.s.
i want a skyline with high miles hopefully from japan that is cheap enough to buy from japan and have sent to the u.s. as a custom car

#20 ·
just buy one then i mean lets face it there layed about all over £25,000 plus£2,995 for a sva theres your cheep R34GTR :rolleyes: then you mite stop dreaming and note wot a load of shit some people post on here.NISMOMAN

#21 ·
nismoman said:
just buy one then i mean lets face it there layed about all over £25,000 plus£2,995 for a sva theres your cheep R34GTR :rolleyes: then you mite stop dreaming and note wot a load of shit some people post on here.NISMOMAN
What i menat was that if the SVA problem is solved then the market will rapidly adjust.

#23 ·
stealth said:
I think you will find that the model reports as they are at present are set so they cant be adjusted ,that is the idea of them .
Im aware of the fact that model reports are static and that they are meant to be. Im not talking about model reports. Im talking about how the market will evolve when (not if) the problem with registering BNR34 is solved. Im not presenting any solutions but rather sharing my view. And my view is that pricing in the UK is very high compared to Japan and this being because of problems with registering new imports.

From what i have found you should be able to find a decent 99-00 R34 GTR for about 3,8-4.5M ¥. Not the perfect car but maybe a grade 4 with 7kkilometers. I´d be delighted to be convinced otherwise, i have only been checking sales prices from a couple of different auctions. Judging by these finals a estimated UK price would be around 25-27k.

But as i said before, im gladly convinced otherwise and this is just a prediction on what the market would look like when you again are able to get these cars registered.

#26 ·
dr. Dunkel said:
From what i have found you should be able to find a decent 99-00 R34 GTR for about 3,8-4.5M ¥. Not the perfect car but maybe a grade 4 with 7kkilometers. I´d be delighted to be convinced otherwise, i have only been checking sales prices from a couple of different auctions. Judging by these finals a estimated UK price would be around 25-27k.
4 million yen is ~ £20k + 10% import tax + 17.5 % VAT = 28.5k

You did not include de-register in Japan, ship to the UK and pay whatever it takes to get it through the UK registration process.

Makes a £30k car already in the UK seem pretty good value.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.