Any bikers here? - Page 3 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum > General > Chatter
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13th June 2017, 03:05 PM   #41 (permalink)
NITO is officially out of the Skyline scene!
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: CLS63S AMG Shooting Brake
Lovely collection there, great taste.

There's a couple of V-Due's on ebay (delivery mileage 18k and another with low miles for much less). Is your's running FI or carbs? I heard the FI bikes were recalled to have carbs fitted. It must be awesome riding a 500cc stroker, tell us what it's like??!!
Miguel - Newera likes this.
Old 16th June 2017, 07:13 AM   #42 (permalink)
Jim27 is aware that they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: BMW 330ci Sport (LPG), Aprilia Tuono
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITO View Post
It is the homologation R, an M1 which was designated ZXR750R. (The hoover pipes disappeared on the L1 models onwards which gained the single scooop ramair and lost the earlier hoover pipes, the J1 being the new shape with (dummy ramair) hoover pipes and the K1 was the homologation version with the hoover pipes.)
The M1 was actually the base bike that Scott Russell gave Kawasaki their first world title with when he won the riders championship in 1993.

RR was actually the all new ZX7-R homologation version, which was labelled a ZX7RR, different bike altogether, it was the successor to the ZXR series.

Gtrt90,
750's aren't intimidating to ride, they're really well balanced imho, litre bikes on the other hand, well my other bike is a V-Twin Tuono R and it's a bit of an animal by comparison, not necessarily because of it's outright power but the way it delivers it and the nature of the bike. (I couldn't recommend one as a first bike!) the later litre bikes of course all have electronics to keep things in check and so they need to with the power the latest ones are churning out, close to 200bhp!

I only mention the 750's as it opens things up a bit more, the Kawasaki ZXR's, Suzuki GSXR's and Yamaha YZF's not to mention the ZX7R's can all be had for reasonable money and look that much beefier (and physically that much broader) and more purposeful in their execution, a lot of the earlier 600's (100bhp ish) are more comfort orientated than sportsbike (built when the 750's were all the rage) but that might be what you're after.

The later 600's seem to have become more sports focused which I guess has coincided with the demise of the larger 750's and of course now they are packing the same or more power the 750's had. There is also the later Triumph 675 Daytona to consider and you don't mention budget but the likes of the MV F3 675 at the higher end. Lots of earlier Ducati's as well if that's your thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel - Newera View Post
Mine's not a dissimilar choice to your's in nature, but yep neither are ideal first bikes by any stretch.

Gotta love the twins!
NITO likes this.
Old 17th June 2017, 04:29 AM   #43 (permalink)
NITO is officially out of the Skyline scene!
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: CLS63S AMG Shooting Brake
Twins do get under your skin!
#Character

Old 18th June 2017, 02:17 PM   #44 (permalink)
J33LUS is on the hunt

Cars owned: R32 GTR, 2x S2000, Prelude Vti, Avensis D4D
I don't think you can go far wrong with a Suzuki GSXR. Very comfortable road bike and sounds great further in the rev range with a slip on. Parts are cheap and the prices from 2006 onward have come down considerably. Can pick up are sub 10k mile gsxr k7 from £3k.

Loved mine before I changed it for my current bike.
Old 19th June 2017, 06:58 AM   #45 (permalink)
Jim27 is aware that they can edit their status

Cars owned: BMW 330ci Sport (LPG), Aprilia Tuono
Quote:
Originally Posted by J33LUS View Post
I don't think you can go far wrong with a Suzuki GSXR. Very comfortable road bike and sounds great further in the rev range with a slip on. Parts are cheap and the prices from 2006 onward have come down considerably. Can pick up are sub 10k mile gsxr k7 from £3k.

Loved mine before I changed it for my current bike.
When you fall in love with an Italian V-Twin it's definitely not because it's comfy or because the bike and/or parts are cheap!