Nordschleife 4th August / Nissan GTR Trackday - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum > General > On Track
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15th June 2017, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Nabu is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Post Nordschleife 4th August / Nissan GTR Trackday

Hello everyone,

My name is Kostas and i work for RSRSpa and RSRNurburg.

I do not own a GTR myself but i have the pleasure of driving them daily on and off track as they are part of our fleet for a long time.

We even had the pleasure of hosting the official launch on May 2016 for Nissan Europe which gave us the opportunity to drive the MY2017 model before even the journalists could.

The intro stands as reasoning behind this post and to let you know that i am just leaving it here in case anyone of you people is interested in doing Nurburgring in August.

If yes, then apart from the fact that you will be mostly surrounded by fellow GTR owners , then you can benefit from the discount that GTR cars/owners will have.

So, on the 4th of August, RSRNurburg along with Nissan Germany organise a full day Nordschleife trackday.
Most of the entries on the day are going to be GTR cars and the day stands as tribute to the GTR model.
If you like exclusive then this a very good event for it.

Date: 4th of August
Time: 08:00 - 17:00
Venue: Nurburgring NS
Services: Light catering and lunch (Devil's Dinner)
Noise: 132db
Price: 895€
Discount to GTR owners: Up to 33%

Lastly,as a member and organiser of other car forums for many years now, i want to apologise beforehand for this "paratrooper" kind of post.

I am not here to sell anything, don't take any commission or money out of this but thought of posting it in case someone could actually benefit from it.

If the operators think of this as promotional and/or exploiting, please feel free to remove the topic and again excuse me.

If on the other hand the post remains and someone is interested then please feel free to pm me so i can help with any other questions you guys might have.

Take care everyone and enjoy your fuel thirsty rockets!

Kostas.
Old 15th June 2017, 11:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
New Users

Not exactly the same content but here is the event we hosted for Nissan Germany in February in Ascari.

This should give a rough idea about the nature of the event and the atmosphere surrounding it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAYDS7ioBHE"> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAYDS7ioBHE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Old 15th June 2017, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Users

Not exactly the same content but here is the event we hosted for Nissan Germany in February in Ascari.

This should give a rough idea about the nature of the event and the atmosphere surrounding it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAYDS7ioBHE

Old 20th June 2017, 01:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
stealth13 is bang tidy
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Beware guys, I was at the ring last weekend, my r35 has an Aeromotions s2 rear wing on it and they would not let it out on track because they deemed the rear wing end plates too dangerous! Despite there being loads of other cars there with similar sized and shaped wings, 5 people going round in a convertible with no helmets, motorcycles with pillion passengers etc,laughable really, but can f##k your trip up, take the end plates off and you sould be ok ( or maybe the british number plates ) just remember to pack an allen key the right size and make sure they are not rusted in!
Old 23rd June 2017, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth13 View Post
Beware guys, I was at the ring last weekend, my r35 has an Aeromotions s2 rear wing on it and they would not let it out on track because they deemed the rear wing end plates too dangerous! Despite there being loads of other cars there with similar sized and shaped wings, 5 people going round in a convertible with no helmets, motorcycles with pillion passengers etc,laughable really, but can f##k your trip up, take the end plates off and you sould be ok ( or maybe the british number plates ) just remember to pack an allen key the right size and make sure they are not rusted in!
Ah, welcome to the Nurburgring TF rules...

Which are "flexible" and biased.

I had the exact same problem in 2013, when the marshals decided to not let me go in because my wing was too high (not really), when a Noble and another GTR with an APR aftermarket wing were just passing the toll entrance.

And when asked them about that he ironically responded "Sorry, i don't have eyes behind my back".

I also am sure that the Greek plates on the car played a role there.

They are biased, at least that is my personal opinion, and having a tuned car can be a pain in the a$$ when attending TF.

All these rules/problems don't exist on trackdays and this is why you can find many tuned or race cars present on these days.

My advice for TF is to have the car look as close to stock as possible.
Splitters, canards, big wings catch the eye.

They don't even allow quick release steering wheels (as they are not TUV/MOT approved) and if they catch you with one they can mess up you Nurburgring Trip.

Regards,
Kostas.
Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
alexcrosse is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R32 GTR
Yep, British plates will often cause you bit problems on TF.

You'll also notice they charge you an additional couple of euros on top of everything in REWE cafe if you're English.