GTR Forum banner

What is your MAX BHP on STOCK T25 Turbos ????

What your MAX HP on 'STOCK' T25 turbos???

63K views 107 replies 30 participants last post by  gtr33 vspec 
#1 · (Edited)
If you have ~500hp or more on STOCK turbos, what boost and spec are you running????

I recently had my engine rebuilt, and rather then replace the standard, (albeit with steel internals), with larger items, I would spend my money on 'optimising' the rest of the my engine set up interested in seeing what a 'stock' T25's could do.

I have see 500+bhp cars, but thought it would be interesting to see what the highest is.

I am still running the forged internals in, but I am just interested to see what I can expect at a relatively 'safe' 1.4 bar.

Additionally, if you do have experience in pushing T25's, what do you think I'll get with the following spec:

HKS Exhaust Manifolds, Elbows and Hyper muffler.
Fully heat rapped turbo Assy.
Apexi Down pipe.
550cc Inj.
Baffles and porter Twin Turbo pipe.
Stock IC, (as its still good enough)
ECU: I'll sort that once run in.
AVCR

Any predictions?

See less See more
#5 ·
#8 ·
But why would you want to push your stock turbos and put your freshly rebuilt motor in harms way? It's suicide!
I should clarify, when I say 'push' I mean use more fully.

I am in no way intending on building a grenade engine here and intend on a safe margin, hence why I suggest ~1.4 bar and let the gains in efficency else where produce the power.

Stick 2 standard RB25DET turbos on
Thanks :rolleyes: , but what turbos I should use is not the issue or question here, if it was I'd go for 2860's.

I am trying to find out what hp others have from stock T25's.

#10 ·
Thanks Richard.

I was wondering about my AFM's. I was going to get one of RK's 550cc injector chips then get Danoh to check everthing out to make sure its not lean any where.

#15 ·
Hiya

When my standard turbo's bought the farm and decided to go through the engine I replaced with standard R34 turbo's.
Though the engine internals were rebuilt and HKS 264 cams put in I never went above 1.1 bar and the car was very happy. Spooled a lot quicker than before though this may be due to fully decat exhaust system.
Something I must also add is, when I went fully decat, a short while after I started getting boost spikes to the point where I was overboosting to an indicated 2.0bar before we got scared and dropped it back down.
I was told standard turbos with steel internals can easily handle 1.4bar and if this is the margin of error you are looking for, I can't really see it being a problem with your engine with the way it has been rebuilt.

#17 ·
As stupid as this may sound Scott, the only reason my car has been dyno'd is so I wouldn't be telling fibs when I put the RK500 sticker on it!
Until then, as I was only running 1.1 bar I thought I would be running circa 450bhp so didn't bother.
I just wanted the car to respond in the midrange which it was doing very well and does even better now with the 2860's and the sterling work done by my chosen tuner :)
I think I would guestimate 450 but have no real proof.

#19 ·
Jae,

I would really love V-Cam, but its the cash really. :(

If I did have the money, I think I would spend it on the 2860's first, as the will flow more plus spin up earler too. Then of there was any £ left I'd go V-Cam.

#24 ·
I have just over 400 with an Impul ECU and decat. The power and torque curves are very good and it feels that way when driving. Not much below 4000 but climbs smoothly up to 8000 and I leave it there.

I would like more but the car feels bombproof and I don't think I would notice another 50 for fast cruising which is all I do.

#31 ·
520fwhp at 5800rpm

stock engine, balanced crank
Nismo oil and water pump
r33 steel turbos
R34 elbows
HKS Cams
HKS 680cc injectors
HKS dual fed rail
3x high flow fuel pumps (1 in-tank lift, 2 external)
Greddy IC
HKS hardpipes
HKS downpipe
5zigen exhaust
M&W ignition system
Stock coils
AEM EMS
custom Crank/cam sensor (no cas)
HKS intake kit (no mafs)

#37 ·
That's really nice Mikster.

Hopefully I hope for something similar in the new year, the only difference is I currently only have 555cc injectors. They may have to go if they are my limiting factor though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.