Driver's republic GT-R vGT2 - Page 2 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan Skyline Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24th November 2008, 06:33 AM   #21 (permalink)
gp900bj is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiehowser View Post
7:29 was done using revised suspension settings and engine mounts from June 2008 production GTRs, and with Dunlop tyres.

Did they mention when the customer GTR car was manufactured?

Another thing to note, the GT2 time was done on a public day, not on a closed day like with Nissan, so it could have gone much faster had he not been hindered by traffic. I don't think Nissan ever claimed the GTR was faster than the GT2

Porsche 997 GT2 Video - Fifth Gear Review | CarZi
Good points. There are too many variables at play here to allow this test to be definitive. Several drivers have commented on the poor to deplorable performance of the re070 in wet and damp weather and this test had precisely that combination.

Here is a vid of Suzuki attempting to drive a wet nurburgring lap on the Bridgestones and he takes a full 9:00 minutes! Not to mention the fact that the lap is entirely treacherous from beginning to end.

The GT2 is most likely faster around the nurb than the GT-R. As you have highlighted, the 7:32 was completed with traffic. The fact that Sportauto's HVS managed to run a 7:33 in the GT2 when he is typically 10 to 14 seconds slower than Porsche claims, supports this argument. I'd bet on a full tilt GT2 lap getting very close to, if not beating, the Zr1's lap.

I'm personally waiting for the GT-R's Supertest next year. It will be the first truly independent Nurburgring result with a new gen GT-R on Dunlops and, unlike DR, Sportauto typically only run Supertest laps in dry weather.

I don't expect to see a 7:29 but i do expect to see the 911 turbo's 7:54 and the z06's 7:49 pretty well beaten, with a lap time around 7:40.
Old 24th November 2008, 07:14 AM   #22 (permalink)
charles charlie is chasing a Veyron from 30-130mph
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: E36 M3 Evo, Mini Cooper S, 996 Boxster S, Caterham Super 7, Merc Tractor :(
mmm

GT2 £130k

GTR £55k

Surely the most important thing here is the fact they are being compared at all....?

Engine built by RiversideRacing
Litchfield rods/pistons/Race IC/BOVs/oil cooler/suspension/handling kit/front diff
Poncams
RF superstreet zorst+DPs
RacingBrake BBK
2015 Trans+Xtreme 18 Clutch/Dodson 1st gear+shaft/trans brace
2015 interior/alloys/nav upgrade/Nismo cluster
DSC susp controller
DBA front/Varis CF bonnet/2016 Headlights
TTE7XX turbos = >900bhp 700lbsft 30-130mph in 8.19s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
charles charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 01:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
ToroKuro is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles charlie View Post
mmm

GT2 £130k

GTR £55k

Surely the most important thing here is the fact they are being compared at all....?

My thoughts exactly!