TOTB 8 - Page 19 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Tuning: General
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28th July 2009, 03:45 PM   #361 (permalink)
m6beg is Its all about the Posche
New Users

My car must be the daddy then its got 800 bhp and runs low 8's and weighs 1890 kg's.

2.8 that's were it is at not that rb30 shite.

If you want to go proper fast in a skyline lads buy yourselves a 2.8.

Adios Amigos

Mick
Old 28th July 2009, 03:47 PM   #362 (permalink)
GTaaaaaarrrrrr! is thinking about ethanol
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: R35 GT-R, E61 535d Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beg View Post
My car must be the daddy then its got 800 bhp and runs low 8's and weighs 1890 kg's.

2.8 that's were it is at not that rb30 shite.

If you want to go proper fast in a skyline lads buy yourselves a 2.8.

Adios Amigos

Mick
Did you miss a 1 off that hp figure buddy??

Tuned by Ryan G

RIP Tweenierob; the brightest stars burn the fastest
GTaaaaaarrrrrr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 05:57 PM   #363 (permalink)
matt j is at Strawberry Racing
Following EJH#25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaaaaaarrrrrr! View Post
Did you miss a 1 off that hp figure buddy??
Yeah, he took it from off the front of the power and put it in front of the weight

Can't wait to see Gaijin out again Mick, hope the box is strong enough this time mate.

Last edited by matt j; 28th July 2009 at 05:59 PM..
matt j is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28th July 2009, 06:26 PM   #364 (permalink)
Irish GTR is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweenierob View Post
Fancy a trip to the uk?

Rob
Get me a ryan air flight and a driver/car to your doorstep and I will do it for you...................................

Im fairly handy with the heat gun and cloth with petrol at this stage.Allready stripped out and cleaned up a few cars at this stage.
Old 28th July 2009, 10:43 PM   #365 (permalink)
GTaaaaaarrrrrr! is thinking about ethanol
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: R35 GT-R, E61 535d Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt j View Post
Yeah, he took it from off the front of the power and put it in front of the weight

Can't wait to see Gaijin out again Mick, hope the box is strong enough this time mate.
Count me in for that one as well Mick. I want to see that puppy run

Tuned by Ryan G

RIP Tweenierob; the brightest stars burn the fastest
GTaaaaaarrrrrr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 02:49 AM   #366 (permalink)
bladerider is naked and covered in peanut butter....maybe !!
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Alas, some Germans at the moment !!
I dont keep up to date much these days.

Is Gaijin just the Duke with paint or a new car ??

Why did only a couple of people run in "Team Skyline" and one of those that didnt use the excuse of stuff in their boot when they were meant to be part of a team ??

And whats the point of comparing drag cars and road cars ?? Ones meant to do a specific purpose, ones a fast cruiser. RonK and Ronnie both did more with less power many many years ago !! If you have 1200bhp then use it, dont fail and then say I did good with 2/3rds !! Sorry Rob but its the truth mate. And a big well done to Jeff on being such a nice fella and letting his tuner drive his car to do it and his investment justice, a nice gesture !!

You dont hear Andy chipping in with comments about whether Fujin compares well to anything, he just wheels it out, drives it and wheels it back in again !!!

We used to be the Jap scene royalty and now we're just a bunch of bickering has beens getting slower every year !! breaks my heart it really does.

j.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bladerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 08:27 AM   #367 (permalink)
m6beg is Its all about the Posche
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerider View Post
I dont keep up to date much these days.

Is Gaijin just the Duke with paint or a new car ??

Why did only a couple of people run in "Team Skyline" and one of those that didnt use the excuse of stuff in their boot when they were meant to be part of a team ??

And whats the point of comparing drag cars and road cars ?? Ones meant to do a specific purpose, ones a fast cruiser. RonK and Ronnie both did more with less power many many years ago !! If you have 1200bhp then use it, dont fail and then say I did good with 2/3rds !! Sorry Rob but its the truth mate. And a big well done to Jeff on being such a nice fella and letting his tuner drive his car to do it and his investment justice, a nice gesture !!

You dont hear Andy chipping in with comments about whether Fujin compares well to anything, he just wheels it out, drives it and wheels it back in again !!!

We used to be the Jap scene royalty and now we're just a bunch of bickering has beens getting slower every year !! breaks my heart it really does.

j.
And who is going slower James?
Old 29th July 2009, 08:47 AM   #368 (permalink)
Ludders is was hoping that 2019 was going to be a good year!
Registered

Cars owned: R.I.P.S Drag-R + The Jun Lemon + The Sherbet Lemon + R35 GTR 650R
Let us all work together in a common cause.

No bickering, no pointing, no undermining.

Let us try and help each other.

Let us rebuild a solid community of Skyline enthusiasts.

Let us work towards a serious Team Skyline for TOTB starting now!

Amen.

Owner of the worlds quickest (manual) Street R34GTR built by R.I.P.S Racing and the worlds quickest Street R33GTR built by Abbey Motorsport.
Ludders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 09:08 AM   #369 (permalink)
Fuggles is at Nissan GT-R London
Registered

Cars owned: none
Which is what? To win a team RWYB event in Yorkshire?
Fine, but the rules still are not enforced properly at the event and its the same result every year so this isn't going to change either
Bearing in mind some of the years' previous comments from a lot of people (me included admittedly) this is unlikely to happen unless there is a dramatic change of heart and opinion on the part of a lot of people
I thought there already was?
I like the idea but don't believe it's possible and don't believe Skylines would win nowadays anyway; but I may be wrong
Amen
I suspect some people will take my comments and make of them what they will. However they are meant in a positive light so consider that before you respond
Old 29th July 2009, 10:54 AM   #370 (permalink)
bigkev is RIP tweenie
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R32 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuggles View Post
I like the idea but don't believe it's possible and don't believe Skylines would win nowadays anyway; but I may be wrong
that sounds like a great idea and i do believe it would be possible. if only i had the money to compete i would show some real dedication .... maybe i will in a year or 2.

i would urge anyone with the car the cash and the will to go and give it one for our community.

kev

427 BHP mapped by Tweenierob

R.I.P 'Tweenie' Rob Gallagher
bigkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 11:44 AM   #371 (permalink)
blue34 is in a Fujimura Auto 32GTR
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R34GTR
V I D E O ?

C'mon

Any one have any video of the day - I want to see the full quarter mile burnout... Ludders? where are you?
Old 29th July 2009, 12:22 PM   #372 (permalink)
chrisT70 is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuggles View Post
Which is what? To win a team RWYB event in Yorkshire?
Fine, but the rules still are not enforced properly at the event and its the same result every year so this isn't going to change either
Bearing in mind some of the years' previous comments from a lot of people (me included admittedly) this is unlikely to happen unless there is a dramatic change of heart and opinion on the part of a lot of people
I thought there already was?
Amen
I suspect some people will take my comments and make of them what they will. However they are meant in a positive light so consider that before you respond
snidey as ever john ! :-)
hee hee
Old 29th July 2009, 12:31 PM   #373 (permalink)

worth pointing out that in the last 2 years there hasnt been any bickering between the skyline team or its reps, its been great working with mick, keith and hugh :-)
Old 29th July 2009, 12:48 PM   #374 (permalink)
Fuggles is at Nissan GT-R London
Registered

Cars owned: none
Oh Chris. I did ask you to consider the fact the comments were of a positive nature and ask you to take that into account. Having done that you still chose to respond thus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisT70 View Post
snidey as ever john ! :-)
hee hee

I actually admitted that all people were responsible and that I too accepted my part in the current empasse. Your comment proves to me at least that some of us want to move on whereas perhaps others do not. Just a shame you persist in this manner when things have now improved.

As for the lack of bickering, perhaps that is because there is only one team after the coming together of two previously - which was instigated by the Skyline Owners Club and the GTR Owners Club by the way and no-one else. I wont revisit this as I do not see the point but if you wish to do so, then please do and please continue to make your point regardless of any genuine intent on my part.
Old 29th July 2009, 12:51 PM   #375 (permalink)

your comments were snide as usual john, read them back to yourself . sad.
btw the rwyb in yorkshire you mentioned should be shown on sky sports on 24th august (provisional date) and altho i wasnt there or involved, i'm not convinced any rules were being broken to try and stop skylines winning anything, far from it. :-)

anyway you carry on, water off this ducks back nowadays
Old 29th July 2009, 01:28 PM   #376 (permalink)
skyrocker is tuning @ the Dyno 1236Hp
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: GT-R33 V-SPEC
NICE
YouTube - Ten of the Best 2009 @ Elvington

skyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 01:58 PM   #377 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beg View Post
And who is going slower James?
The team Mick.

I dont understand the concept of the Skyline Team being organised by people who have their own little private battle that doesnt count for the team. I love the fact you still have the same enthusiasm for GTR's as when I first met you mate, but with the utmost respect you can buy all the drag cars you want but its pointless if you then dont fulfill the role of organising and running the team at TOTB because youre in a league of your own !!

From what I can see - and admittedly I havent kept up with this - 2/3rds of the team didnt show up or compete, yet there is such a massive run up to this event you must have had a reserves list ?? Like I said, we used to be top dog but now we dont even give ourselves a chance it seems. I know we are effectively the underdogs because of the way the event has evolved, but we should still be collecting lots of points for drag and top speed.

I am kind of having a dig I know but its with the best reasons, and not at you on a personal level mate. I think your enthusiasm is ace and you are the right person to organise the team, but perhaps this is one time the dragging should take a back seat and the team ethos comes to the front.

J.

Old 29th July 2009, 02:54 PM   #378 (permalink)

no offence but why are people unconnected with the team in anyway now having a pop at mick for what happened in terms of turnout of skylines?

mick and keith organised a team, without any arguing or bickering, and without any politics. it was open to anyone, from any club or forum, without any of the petty b*****s that has gone off in prior years.
some of the team dropped out very late on due to car issues, way past the cut off date for new entries, which isnt down to mick or anyone else. if additional entries had been received in time (down to the individual to get them in) then they could have been listed as reserves and swapped in on the day.

no fault or blame with anyone here, sh+t happens with cars and thats the crux of it.
Mick is very passionate and enthusiastic and i dont think anyone else cares as much for skylines.
Old 29th July 2009, 04:01 PM   #379 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

I care Chris and I always have !!

Hence why Im saying what I said.

I remember lots of people saying they would run, I have seen a result in which almost nobody showed up. Mick and Keith are responsible as organisers so perhaps the rest of the skyline community is entitled to ask its representatives what happened, otherwise lets just not bother and keep out the event entirely !! I remember many moons ago when similar questions have been asked to others and justifiably so.

J.

Old 29th July 2009, 04:12 PM   #380 (permalink)

mick and keith did though do all they could including reminding people about the closing date and forms. no reserves isnt down to them surely? and last minute drop outs always affect people, some teams do get decimated. i just think that its wrong for anyone to suggest any politics or problems these days, there havent been any. just because mick competes (when running) in a pro drag car shouldnt exclude him from being team rep, he's shown no bias or bad calls, responsibility lies with the competitor when all said and done to get entries in on time when asked etc, and if they cant run due to issues its tough. maybe a couple of reserves as back up ok, but he got what there was available at the time. one of the guys who's form came in way too late was offered a reserve spot if he'd wanted.