GTR Forum banner

Windscreen wipers?

27K views 101 replies 44 participants last post by  gtr mart 
#1 ·
Just checked my wipers and my passenger side has popped up in the middle so I need 2 new blades..

Anybody got any idea where to buy them from rather than the HPCs?

Cheers!

#3 ·
I have no idea how mine bent but hey ho!

Just ordered 2 sets from MH....

I wonder how much GTR tax will be on them!?

#4 ·
Holy flickin GTR tax Batman!

Quoted for each wiper part...

Passenger side £33 + vat

Driver side £110 + vat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am stunned.....

#6 ·
Only concern is the picture doesnt look like ours, so I hope it just means that's a generic picture.

Unfortunately I need one for Friday as I'm driving down to Millbrook....

#15 ·
I 've never really used my wipers with rain-x. Drove in some really crappy whether n all. Must prolong blade life ten fold.

Does work best at speed though. Infact the faster you go, the clearer it becomes, which hasnt really been a problem with this car for some reason.

Apply it to all my vehicles. Absolute godsend on the works van, which can do 1000 miles a week.

#20 ·
I have a two week old car, and the wipers smear like a two year old. They can't be worn out, and hence must just be crap from new. I do not see the point in replacing them with more standard Nissan blades, and would be very interested in any better aftermarket items.

#22 ·
Has anyone found the screen that allows you to switch the wipers from rain-sensing to timed intermittent?

I read that it is possible, but haven't stumbled across it yet!
I hate the rain-sensing setting. Never picks the right speed for the conditions and often gives a wince-inducing "dry wipe" on start up.

#30 ·
Ironically my blades are 12 months old and always been fab. Wiper blade and arm replacement, including fitting, £295 Inc VAT when I had my garage door incident which ripped it off ;-). Saying that Group 4 paid for it and Mill Hill took the whole assembly off their demo within 30 minutes to get me going as they didn't have one in stock so it did make up for it a bit (I think even they thought it was a touch steep for a wiper).

#36 ·
:chuckle: Why would anyone replace the actual wiper arm when just the blade wore out?

Actually, I can remember back to when you didn't have any fancy "refill" assemblies, you had to actually pull the rubber bit out of the holder and thread a new one back in. Nowadays it's all disposable cartridges and takes mere seconds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.