GTR Warranty and Oil Temperature notification - Page 4 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan GT-R > Technical Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21st October 2009, 04:22 PM   #61 (permalink)
alloy is SVM Stage 6!
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
The email came from Nissans Head of Sportscar Marketing directly to the GTR Club Chairman, do you think either of them just made it up for a joke?
No but if the Sun newspaper reports something to you believe them? I would rather know the source and hear it from a reputable source, confirmed in writing and not just on a message board

I'd rather have it in writing but just got off the phone to MH who confirmed this is all correct and owners manuals being rewritten!
Old 21st October 2009, 04:33 PM   #62 (permalink)
sumo69 is now Stage 4 and MY12 software
GTROC Member

Alloy

Read my post on the last page ffs - you have your answer there!

D
Old 21st October 2009, 05:59 PM   #63 (permalink)
alloy is SVM Stage 6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo69 View Post
Alloy

Read my post on the last page ffs - you have your answer there!

D
Calm down i got my answers, never harms to question things though!!

Old 21st October 2009, 06:24 PM   #64 (permalink)
Wildrover is a V8 lover!
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: C63 AMG / Defender
My car was "Optimised" today at Westway Nissan (Oxford).

Obviously, I took the opportunity to ask them about the revised WARRANTY situation.

All was DENIED.

They did mention that the transmission limit was changed from 110deg to 120deg though!

As a consequence my VDC won't be switched off and I think most people will understand my decision.

I do hope we all receive letters but as you can see I won't be trusting a Forums word until Nissan clarify the situation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wildrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 06:29 PM   #65 (permalink)
alloy is SVM Stage 6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
My car was "Optimised" today at Westway Nissan (Oxford).

Obviously, I took the opportunity to ask them about the revised WARRANTY situation.

All was DENIED.

They did mention that the transmission limit was changed from 110deg to 120deg though!

As a consequence my VDC won't be switched off and I think most people will understand my decision.

I do hope we all receive letters but as you can see I won't be trusting a Forums word until Nissan clarify the situation.

Interesting, it is in contrast to what i had confirmed today, but i agree until it is there in writing i think it's prudent to maintain that attitude, a forum is merely a discussion it is not gospel!
Old 21st October 2009, 07:04 PM   #66 (permalink)
sumo69 is now Stage 4 and MY12 software
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloy View Post
Interesting, it is in contrast to what i had confirmed today, but i agree until it is there in writing i think it's prudent to maintain that attitude, a forum is merely a discussion it is not gospel!
Gee - I give up!!

Wildrover - Ring your contact at Westway and ask them about the warranty Circular issued on on 13/14 October from Nissan UK.

D
Old 21st October 2009, 07:27 PM   #67 (permalink)
alloy is SVM Stage 6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo69 View Post
Gee - I give up!!

Wildrover - Ring your contact at Westway and ask them about the warranty Circular issued on on 13/14 October from Nissan UK.

D
Sumo don't give up fella haha we appreciate yours, Guy and everyone else efforts, however without it confirmed in writing and individually being informed that bit of paper you signed when you picked your car up about warranty etc is still very much valid, if a claim was made that is out of coverage under The initial guidelines but would be covered under the revisions I would feel in a better situation to represent the case against Nissan with official literature addressed to me from Nissan clarifying the situation as opposed to quoting a public forum, that is all
Old 21st October 2009, 07:40 PM   #68 (permalink)
Zed Ed is elsewhere, mostly

Cars owned: BRZ track project
The handling in mainland europe suggests this is not just a dealer communication.

Not been picky, but I'd also expect Nissan to advise it's customers before the club.

Happy that the club has been addressed in good faith, but in the absence of direct communication from Nissan, it's meaningless if push comes to shove.
Old 25th October 2009, 09:23 PM   #69 (permalink)
m4rc1980 is Stage 4.25

It was denied by my HPC too ???
Old 25th October 2009, 10:41 PM   #70 (permalink)
misters3 is loving the torque in the E70!
Registered

Cars owned: BMW 335D, R35
Need4Speed passed an email onto me from David Noble confirming the above.

Plus Iain Cameron of Nobles on October 17th when i had my Optimisation told me about it too. He was surprised because of Nissan's initial stance about how they wouldn't warrant anything VDC off, so it was a big about turn. But that it was great news for us owners. He's a top bloke

But i'd still maintain you would be mad to turn VDC off on the roads at this time of year (maybe any time of year!) and if you were tracking it.......blah blah blah
Old 26th October 2009, 07:42 AM   #71 (permalink)
peterpeter is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

confirmed by mine (motorline) on both counts
Old 27th October 2009, 12:33 PM   #72 (permalink)
SurreyUMSGTR is is happy!
GTROC Member

Smile Email from my HPC...

I have just been emailing my HPC re: Milltek Y-pipe, and asked about the notification for the transmission temp. change - and in his reply he says:

"The information confirming the changes in temps will be sent as a supplement to insert into the owners manual."

So - i think it is just a question of Nissan getting their finger out and postal strikes playing their part!
Old 27th October 2009, 01:47 PM   #73 (permalink)
turbobungle is now selling the GTR for license (and freedom) preservation!
GTROC Member

Cars owned: '11 Dodge Ram Hemi, '94 Supra TT, '89 Nissan Silvia PS13, '07 Caterham 7, '06 525D M Sport, '60 Bentley S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles charlie View Post
I wonder how the guys who cancelled because of the VDC issue feel right now.....?
they'll be gutted and i feel sorry for them! i very nearly cancelled over VDC off, glad i didn't but completely understand why those that did, did! plenty of 2nd hand and cancelled orders available for them now though!
Old 27th October 2009, 10:15 PM   #74 (permalink)
Naranja is aware that he can edit his status but doesn't know how to...
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyUMSGTR View Post
I have just been emailing my HPC re: Milltek Y-pipe, and asked about the notification for the transmission temp. change - and in his reply he says:

"The information confirming the changes in temps will be sent as a supplement to insert into the owners manual."

So - i think it is just a question of Nissan getting their finger out and postal strikes playing their part!
What was their response about the pipe?!
Old 27th October 2009, 10:33 PM   #75 (permalink)
Fuggles is at Nissan GT-R London
Registered

Cars owned: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
No, but instead of informing a Forum, they should at least be informing owners directly, don't you think?

Out of the circa 800 R35's sold in the UK not all owners are on this site.

The easiest way to reach as many owners as possible in the shortest time is via this forum. This relates also not just to UK cars and there are many non-UK people using this forum that would also benefit from us getting this information. The very fact that Nissan chose to inform the GTROC as soon as they could indicates how valuable they believe this forum to be and a recognition of how many owners us this forum. How they communicate it after that is a separate issue but at least in this way a lot of people are informed and word can spread.
Old 27th October 2009, 10:36 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
The email came from Nissans Head of Sportscar Marketing directly to the GTR Club Chairman, do you think either of them just made it up for a joke?
I would rather know the source and hear it from a reputable source, confirmed in writing and not just on a message board
I'm sorry that you don't consider this forum a reputable source. I'm sorry that the GTR Owners Club is also not a reputable source as far as you are concerned. Of course you do have the right to close the door on your way out!
Old 27th October 2009, 11:05 PM   #77 (permalink)
alloy is SVM Stage 6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuggles View Post
I'm sorry that you don't consider this forum a reputable source. I'm sorry that the GTR Owners Club is also not a reputable source as far as you are concerned. Of course you do have the right to close the door on your way out!
thanks for the warm and welcoming words Mr. Chairman, for the record that doesn't read right so appologies for any confusion I trust you as a source however before acting on such information I'm sure not only I but a few other owners would feel more peace of mind through direct correspondence from Nissan

this email you recieved might have been sent to those paid members, such as I, for which you have our VIN and email address to confirm the news. I appreciate this is not the responsibility of the club but never the less working with Nissan it would be an economical way to reach a large portion of owners in a short space of time
Old 27th October 2009, 11:53 PM   #78 (permalink)
misters3 is loving the torque in the E70!
Registered

Cars owned: BMW 335D, R35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuggles View Post
I don't get the attitude.

Why does it matter if some people choose to wait for written confirmation from Nissan.

I understand it's a difficult time , but picking fights isn't productive or conducive to building this site IMHumbleO.
Old 28th October 2009, 05:12 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
this email you recieved might have been sent to those paid members, such as I, for which you have our VIN and email address to confirm the news.
We cannot pass on your details to Nissan without permission and to do this would mean changing the terms of your membership, otherwise we would be in breech of the Data Protection Act 1998. So it would fall to the Club to email this information. With membership numbers running into hundreds (for all types of car) its impossible and impractical to send email bulletins out to specific member groups and identifying what information should be sent by email and what does not require this intervention would also have to be considered on every occasion. The Club and the forum is run and operated by people in their spare time and, though it would be nice to have someone able to take on a secretarial role (in the wider sense) part time and funded, the practicalities are we do not make enough to afford it. Perhaps one day this will change and we can afford to offer these services to paid members. In the meantime we do the best we can in our spare time and at no cost and the best, most expeditious and least costly route is via this forum

Last edited by Fuggles; 28th October 2009 at 05:14 AM..
Fuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 05:43 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by misters3 View Post
picking fights isn't productive or conducive to building this site IMHumbleO.
Agreed. You'd know if I was starting a fight

With 2009 moving towards a close (the shops already have Chirstmas stuff - how depressing already) we should be looking towards what we can do differently for 2010. At the recent GTROC AGM those that were there got a glimpse into the future and boy does it look good! There is a new management structure in place from early next month, and the recent announcement of Guy's new role/position is just one part of that. All this together will, we hope, make for improvements in services we offer to paid club members and free-to-use forum members. We still have a lot to do and there are some unfilled vacancies but we are getting there!