Mass of car, cornering and braking - Part 2 - Page 22 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Tuning: General
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 9th August 2003, 04:23 PM   #421 (permalink)
Mycroft is unaware they can edit their status

But that wouldn't imprint it would it!

You or Simon will never repeat the mistake of mixing up Grip with Slip again [unless that dumb 'act'... isn't]

Same as some will not mix 'Rebound' with 'Rebound rate' or dozens of other things I post over the years.

Give things away too readily and they become debased.

That anyone with my level of knowledge even bothers with people like you should make you feel humble, instead you appear as a loud-mouthed toss-pot who can only muster a sneer and act as chief moron in a ra-ra club in support of yet another broken sworded hapless 'champion' like Simon... you are truly beneath contempt.
Old 9th August 2003, 04:28 PM   #422 (permalink)
Mark Ayling is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Supra TT
Quote:
Originally posted by Mycroft

That anyone with my level of knowledge even bothers with people like you should make you feel humble, instead you appear as a loud-mouthed toss-pot who can only muster a sneer and act as chief moron in a ra-ra club in support of yet another broken sworded hapless 'champion' like Simon... you are truly beneath contempt.
LMFAO, that is classic

You mean someone with a hotmail account who trolls car forums, winds people up and talks crap?

Besides that though, I ask you this:

Regardles of your (weird) reasons for wanting to "test" people and get them to answer your little questions, surely you understand that its give and take - ie why should anyone entertain you if you're not willing to answer their questions in return?

So how about it, Simon's asked some very interesting questions there, especially the one about "Ettore"....any comments?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mark Ayling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2003, 04:39 PM   #423 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by SDB
"The static coefficient of friction of the pad / disc interface would be unchanged and would NOT be infinite". If this is too vague for you, you can either ask a more intelligent question, or answer your stupid one yourself. It's up you my friend.
So if you are saying that as in this instance the rating was 0.45 and that is what it remains then you are wrong!

Quote:
Originally posted by SDB
1) Does an angle of greater than 45 degrees mean that the y axis more than doubles with each doubling of the x axis?
Depends upon which axis you take as zero. We tend in this Country to use the 'x' axis as '0' degrees hence why we always start co-ordinates with the Easting... those who don't know jack from schitt may turn the angle from the 'Northing' which is both Mathematically and Cartographically wrong.

So the answer to your question my old graph fiddling friend is 'YES'

Quote:
Originally posted by SDB
2) How did you get on with contacting Doug Milliken?
You said your 'mate' was contacting him the following day.

You tell me, I only said that it would amusing to contact him and pass on your low opinion of his work.

Did your 'mate' do this?

hahaha

Quote:
Originally posted by SDB
3) Do you have any comments on your posting as "Ettore" on scoobynet and stating that you were a colleague of "Mycroft" and that what "Mycroft" was saying was accurate?
Apart from the fact that Tor thinks you are a little silly, but he is not alone!

Quote:
Originally posted by SDB
4) Do you still maintain that adding mass to a car increases it's limit lateral acceleration?
I never have without provisos.

Last edited by Mycroft; 9th August 2003 at 04:42 PM..
Mycroft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9th August 2003, 04:41 PM   #424 (permalink)
SDB
SDB is unaware they can edit their status

LOL - Here he goes... we have lift off! LOL

Quote:
You or Simon will never repeat the mistake of mixing up Grip with Slip again
LOL. If there is a single person who reads this thread that thinks there is ANY merit in that statement at all, I would be astonished.

Quote:
Same as some will not mix 'Rebound' with 'Rebound rate' or dozens of other things I post over the years.
Would you like me to post the link to the thread where this occured? It was a classic display of what I later learned to be your natural talent for foolish coments, supported by lies and insults.

Quote:
Give things away too readily and they become debased.
Ah! So THAT's the reason you never answer a question, because you would prefer people to THINK you're a fool rather than opening your mouth and confirming it. Silence is the best plan of attack.

I note you still haven't answered my questions. I look forward to coming on to your rebound and rebound rate statement, it's a classic that everyone will be able to understand, rather than just the experts (although, they'll enjoy it too)

Cheers

Simon

Last edited by SDB; 9th August 2003 at 05:03 PM..
SDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2003, 04:41 PM   #425 (permalink)

Quote:
Apart from the fact that Tor thinks you are a little silly, but he is not alone!

...and what about "Vinegar"?

LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 9th August 2003, 04:45 PM   #426 (permalink)

Simon, please post a link, that will be a laugh!

Mark, 'Vinegar' was the same guy as 'Salt' and 'Pepper'.

Want another guess Simon?
Old 9th August 2003, 04:46 PM   #427 (permalink)
SDB

Quote:
Depends upon which axis you take as zero. we tend in this Country to use the 'x' axis as '0' degrees hance why we always start co-ordinates with the Easting... those who don't know jack from schitt may turn the angle from the 'Northing' which is both Mathematically and Cartographically wrong.

So the answert to your question my old graph fiddling friend is 'YES'
Excellent. Could you post ANY graph with a straight line of greater than 45 degrees that shows this? I am willing to post examples that prove it wrong. I would save you the bother by telling you it is impossible, but you will not listen. I (and everyone here) will only be able to imagine the hot flush you will endure when you finally put pencil and ruler to paper.

Quote:
Did your 'mate' do this? [Contact Doug Milliken]
Yes. So did I.

Old 9th August 2003, 04:47 PM   #428 (permalink)

Quote:
Mark, 'Vinegar' was the same guy as 'Salt' and 'Pepper'.
If he was then why on earth would he support you? I don't know who "Salt" is, but from what I've seen on Scoobynet "Pepper" doesn't think all that much of you!

Old 9th August 2003, 04:49 PM   #429 (permalink)
SDB

I can confirm that Vinegar was not the same as Salt or Pepper
Old 9th August 2003, 04:55 PM   #430 (permalink)
SDB

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...=199295&Page=1

LOL

So Mycroft. Do you still stand by "your" Problem and Cure sheet?
Old 9th August 2003, 05:04 PM   #431 (permalink)

Mark, he was no supporter of mine I can assure you!

Simon, they all equally dull and stupid tho, can I presume that Vinegar was you then?

-----

OK, try this Simon,

You head out to sea to the East 1km you then turn immediately North for 1km... now you could have gone at 45degrees or North-East for about 1.414km to get to the same spot.

Now you take the same start but you go North for 1.732km, but again if you had just travelled 2km at 60degrees which equates to apporximately Nor-east b'north

So for every 1km traveled along the 'x' axis at 60 degrees you get 1.732km 'reading' on the 'y' axis.

So for each added kilometre you gain more than another kilometre you gain 1.732!
Old 9th August 2003, 05:09 PM   #432 (permalink)
SDB

Quote:
OK, try this Simon,

You head out to sea to the East 1km you then turn immediately North for 1km... now you could have gone at 45degrees or North-East for about 1.414km to get to the same spot.

Now you take the same start but you go North for 1.732km, but again if you had just travelled 2km at 60degrees which equates to apporximately Nor-east b'north

So for every 1km traveled along the 'x' axis at 60 degrees you get 1.732km 'reading' on the 'y' axis.

So for each added kilometre you gain more than another kilometre you gain 1.732!
LOL. So. let me just get this straight...

for every 1km traveled along the 'x' axis at 60 degrees you get 1.732km 'reading' on the 'y' axis.

So are you saying that if the x axis read 1km, then you doubled it to 2km, that the y-axis would go from 1.732 to 3.464?

Cheers

Simon
Old 9th August 2003, 05:14 PM   #433 (permalink)

Approximately, Yes!

You doubled '1' and got not another '1' but an additional 1.732!!!

Not too difficult is it?

Old 9th August 2003, 05:17 PM   #434 (permalink)
SDB

Quote:
Approximately, Yes!

You doubled '1' and got not another '1' but an additional 1.732!!!

Not too difficult is it?

ROFL. You see. You should have stayed silent.

The last time I checked, 3.464 was not MORE THAN DOUBLE 1.732

Therefore, the DOUBLING of the X AXIS does not MORE THAN DOUBLE the Y AXIS. In fact, it makes no bloody difference what the angle of the straight line is. If it's straight, doubling one will double the other.

Have the hot flushes started yet?

I can't wait for the deathly silence while you think of some pathetic excuse, followed by the denial that you meant what we all know you meant.

Old 9th August 2003, 05:21 PM   #435 (permalink)

No, you seem to mixing an exponential curve with a straight line!

To do as you appear to be saying mathematically you need a further exponent or condition on the simple equation!

Maths 101 for Simon I fear!

Oh dear, oh dear!
Old 9th August 2003, 05:25 PM   #436 (permalink)

Simon, you must be blushing... it's getting warmer... hahaha
Old 9th August 2003, 05:28 PM   #437 (permalink)
SDB

Quote:
No, you seem to mixing an exponential curve with a straight line!

To do as you appear to be saying mathematically you need a further exponent or condition on the simple equation!

Maths 101 for Simon I fear!

Oh dear, oh dear!
Fantastic. The dealthy silence was VERY short, well done! But the excuse was incredibly pathetic.

Let's have an action replay

Simon : "1) Does an angle of greater than 45 degrees mean that the y axis more than doubles with each doubling of the x axis?"

Mycroft : "YES.... for every 1km traveled along the 'x' axis at 60 degrees you get 1.732km 'reading' on the 'y' axis."

For you own sake mycroft, be a man and accept this mistake.

All the way through you have said that ANY GRAPH showing an angle of greater than 45 degrees means the Y axis MORE THAN DOUBLES with every doubling of the X axis.

We'll come on to the rebound / rebound rate thing in a minute. I bet you can't wait
Old 9th August 2003, 05:31 PM   #438 (permalink)

Simon, I have not changed my stance, it is you that has had the casts taken from your eyes at some point.

I will go back all the way to page 4 ,5 or 6 and reprint here your statement and my reply and i assure my stance has not changed, but yours it seems has!

BRB.
Old 9th August 2003, 05:35 PM   #439 (permalink)
SDB

I'll save you some trouble..

Simon : "when you double the load on a tyre, you less than double the grip"

Mycroft : "That is not correct! That only applies after the tyre has reached its' optimum load/adhesion break point!

Until that point the exact opposite is the case!"

Simon : Posts graph

Mycroft : "Any graph that shows an angle of greater than 45deg. supports my statement."
Old 9th August 2003, 05:37 PM   #440 (permalink)

Page 1...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SDB
...."when you double the load on a tyre, you less than double the grip"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is not correct! That only applies after the tyre has reached its' optimum load/adhesion break point!

Until that point the exact opposite is the case!

Cem, there is indeed an ideal and what you say is correct.

Page 2

quote:
Which confirms exactly what I have said!

Any graph that shows an angle of greater than 45deg. supports my statement.

Thank you.

Mycroft

Please tell me you're joking?

All an angle of 45 degrees means is that it increases to a greater degree (acording to the scale of that graph) than the x axis. Not that it more than doubles.

The fact that it is a curve that tails off, means that it the y axis LESS THAN DOUBLES, each time the X axis doubles.

Is it this misconception that you have derived you conclusions from?

All the best

Simon