GTR Forum banner

A very nice day in Spa. Drivers day 2010, 16-Sept-2010

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Chubby 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

We had fun on the drivers day at Spa.

Please find the link to my drive.
By my friends comment he estimates I did a 2:40... don't know how that measures up. Then again, not racing, just having fun on the track.
[Correction: measured lap in video, more like 3min3sec, but still OK]

It was a great day organized trough our HPC, Nissan Merckx and an event organizer. It was truly great day for me.

In the morning cold but dray, in the afternoon rain, and lots of it.
Made the drive slower but i now even more appreciate the natural balance of the GTR. Even in very damp conditions it remained great to drive fast on the track (to my standards anyway).

YouTube - essais Nissan GTR Spa Francorchamps

Hope you like the video my friend shot from free-hand. (with his SLR photo camera, great images!)

See less See more
#2 ·
Great stuff!

The best track in the world IMHO, period!

#3 ·
Seconded, i did a 2 day track event at Spa about 3yrs ago in my DMS E60 M5, with a sneaky few Nordschleife laps on the way back. Is defo the best track for road cars. If i get an R35 i'll defo be going back.

#5 ·
Looks like an Ultima of sorts.

Love that track....

#6 ·
Yep I do not know the brand of the car but we had LOLA's, Ridicals, and other true racing cars on the track with us.

Also the race beetles... LOL ... funny sight until they slide by in the corners!!
Not so fast no the more open corners though.

Really fun day! :clap:

#7 ·
Yeah, the best - I wanna go back there !!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.