1000BHP Skyline - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Tuning: General
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 5th September 2003, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
johnnyTightlips is unaware they can edit their status

1000BHP Skyline

Just a quick question. Could any of the uk tuners, Abbey GT aRt, rod bell etc. build a genuin 1000BHP skyline, i know it is very expensive, but if they had the money, could they do it, or does the east have somthing the west doesnt??

Regards Harry
Old 5th September 2003, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
davewilkins is chilling
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: 1993 Primera eGT, mondy turbo diesel
Depends what you measure the 1000bhp on (cue arguement) but I would think that Gary would say that he already has!
Andys Sumo R34 is about there is it not depending on what boost it runs?
Old 5th September 2003, 06:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

reali ? iv seen his spec and it is very impressive but.. rocket ronni beat him didnt he, and im pretty sure andys spec is bigger, is it all to do with wat boost the car is runiing, i think andy runs like 1.2 and wats the maximum an engine can take, simon norris runs 2.0 on his evo.

Harry

Old 5th September 2003, 07:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
LSR
LSR is unaware they can edit their status

RB26DETT was tested and started to crack at 1600hp, but I think there is a Top Secret GT-R running 1800hp.

Your post is incoherent, Harry.
Old 5th September 2003, 07:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Henry is unaware they can edit their status

And the answer is.....

They all could build 1000bhp engines.

Anything else posted on this Thread will be ego fuelled and incorrect.

Henry.
Old 5th September 2003, 07:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
ZXSpectrum is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: 200SX S14a
Project x made over 1000BHP just before TOTB2 but then cracked the block...

Thread here

Although this was originally built in Japan

A50 = UK WANGAN ;)

Last edited by ZXSpectrum; 5th September 2003 at 07:28 PM..
ZXSpectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2003, 07:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
bladerider is naked and covered in peanut butter....maybe !!
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Alas, some Germans at the moment !!
Still posting intelligent well thought out posts then Harry

Twat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bladerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2003, 09:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

O thanks bladey, i thought the first post was quite good for me. Then i babbled on the second, and henry gave a simple answer to a simple question. Thats all.
Old 5th September 2003, 11:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
mark r is From R33 to RS4 to a R35.....I'm back!!

Cars owned: Uk 33 v-spec
yes

project X might have made 1000hp but wasnt mapped right. to much cylinder temp. Hence the block failure.

I do believe Hugh Kiers Engine Built buy Rod Bell, (winner of the TOTB II Drag Shoot-out) was running about 800bhp, But is built, and capable of over 1000bhp at a higher boost setting.

I must point out that in this country, with poor fuel, air density and pressure, it is almost impossible to build such high power rb's like in other countries. Due to inability to test to extremes due to conditions.

Dont get me wrong, When i say pro X was'nt mapped right, i in no way cast any blame, at this kind of power a degree of timing advance or a small percentage of inj duty can have a devastateing effect.
Just 1'c of static ambient temp can add between 50-78'c dynamic cylinder temps, enough to melt or damage any cylinder.

It's amazingly hard at the top folks.

Its unfair, especially on this forum, for tuners like Abbey, R B Motorsport, and GTart, to build reliable huge HP engines.
when they go wrong, and they will, due to there limits they find, that they get dis-respected or slagged off.
It's a hard job that reqires years of dedication, and much repect goes out to them forementioned..

By the way, who-ever posted about Dirks car, His clutch had exploded, but still had the nuts to try a run, if nothing else, not to dissapoint people.

It's to easy to diss people. maybe you should try it yourselves sometime.
I can almost garauntee you would'nt make the 1/4 .

I apologise for harping on,(it's the Stella).this reply was not meant to upset any-one only than the hyper-heads who dont really have a clue...

mark r..
Old 5th September 2003, 11:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
mark r is From R33 to RS4 to a R35.....I'm back!!

Cars owned: Uk 33 v-spec
oops

sorry

Last edited by mark r; 5th September 2003 at 11:13 PM..
mark r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2003, 01:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Frosty is waiting for some good weather

Cars owned: White R35 GT-R and Westfield Megabusa
Every one of the listed tuners could assemble an engine good for 1000bhp.

The trouble is finding a customer who will want it. 1000bhp is a huge commitment as sooner or later a component will fail.

GTR's with 500bhp seem to almost run like clockwork, but once over 600bhp they require more regular 'once overs'.

With 1000bhp the inevitability of a component failure is brought forward - and while many Japanese and Austrailian owners etc are happy with big power figures and less concerned with reliability, the British owner seems to prefer the car kept on the road instead of a garage being repaired. This has nothing to do with the quality of work being carried out in any way - it's just physics.

If a client approached any one of the mentioned tuners and said, "I want at least 1000bhp and I don't car how much it costs or how long it lasts!" I would almost guarantee that they could all do it. This hypothetical client has yet to emerge though.
Old 6th September 2003, 04:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
hipogtr is putting the R35 under the knife
New Users

Cars owned: Ganbaru Vitz!
Quote:
Originally posted by LSR
..., but I think there is a Top Secret GT-R running 1800hp.
Sorry, but you need to recheck your sources. This is not true.

Quote:
Originally posted by Frosty
... - while many Japanese and Austrailian owners etc are happy with big power figures and less concerned with reliability, the British owner seems to prefer the car kept on the road instead of a garage being repaired. This has nothing to do with the quality of work being carried out in any way - it's just physics.
From personal experience, I can say this is definitely not the case. Unless you've got unlimited money (haven't met many in this category), reliability is always a concern - even for people after the biggest power numbers. You just don't expect the 1000hp engine to last the same length as the stock Nissan factory engine - but that doesn't mean it won't.

And, IMHO, when it comes to modifying there is typically a direct correlation between reliability and quality of work (obviously within the bounds of physics). The power numbers mentioned in this thread have been proven over and over again - in street cars. Suggesting that quality of work has nothing to do with reliability is beyond me.

Cya O!
Old 6th September 2003, 12:25 PM   #13 (permalink)

thx for the info guys!!

harry