GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - Something for the Scottish - Pro Photoshoot Edinburgh (June, Date TBC)
View Single Post
Old 6th April 2011, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
endo
endo is past caring....

Cars owned: BNR32 GT-R, RRS Supercharged, Abarth 595 Competizione
Something for the Scottish - Pro Photoshoot Edinburgh (June, Date TBC)

Hi guys,
So i thought i'd let you in on something i've been planning for a long while now that its getting closer to reality, and see what the interest is like, and get an idea of numbers.

---

A friend of mine who's a keen petrolhead and stunning photographer has said he'd be up for a studio day, where we can get some nice photos taken of our cars.

Here's one he took last year of my car when he was testing out a car mounted rig.... and i got run over

It's a perfect opportunity for those guys who've been building their cars and want to get some professional photos of their pride and joy

These are a couple of photos from his recent shoots, so you get the idea of what you'll get.

The Date
This has still to be confirmed, but we'd be looking at the first or second Sunday in June... though it might get wiggled in case it clashes with any other meets or events.

The Venue
The venue will be Studio 128 in Edinburgh,128 Pitt Street
i've been down there to have a chat with the owner, and scope out the studio and it's facilities.

It's got a decent sized infinity cove to get some amazing shots of the cars, roller doors to get the cars in and out easily, so i can't see any problems with low cars. A nice sitting area so folk can have a sit down, cup of tea and a chat.
Plenty of on street parking too on a Sunday, so we should be able to park the cars up outside the studio without too much hassle, since it's not a residential area and fairly dead on the weekend.

The costs bits...
Costs for the studio higher for the day are £250 + £50 for lighting, so once we have a few folk this cost will be split amongst everyone and should come out at a reasonable price maybe £20-£30.

Ian will provide everyone with a nice set of printable sized pics after the shoot once he's gotten home and sorted through everything.

GURRRRLLSS!
Ian's also mentioned he can get some girls down, should anyone want some hot chicks draped over their cars. Not sure what model hire will cost... but i can look into it if folk are interested.

Of course, feel free to bring your cameras to get your on photos
I've been thinking of timelapsing the day on video!

----

May Half Day Studio Test... Silver R35 Required
I've been sorting out a half day test shoot with mine and a couple of cars (chas & turbob12 cheers ) in May
But we could do with a Silver R35 if anyone wishes to come down, just so we can work out the Shots, and how long it will take to shoot each car.
Also gives us an idea of the maximum number of cars that he'll be able to shoot on the June Studio day.

Although this isn't part of the main shoot, if anyone wishes to come down for a chat and have a look at what the process on the shoot day will be they are welcome.

----

Yes please, add me to the list

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by endo; 6th April 2011 at 01:08 PM..
endo is offline   Reply With Quote