GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   MY11 faulty telephone microphone (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/149667-my11-faulty-telephone-microphone.html)

MILONATOR 3rd April 2011 09:41 PM

MY11 faulty telephone microphone
 
Gents, my new MY11 has a faulty telephone mic. There is no problem hearing the person you are talking to however the person you are talking to cannot hear you clearly (to them it sounds as if you are talking through water). Oddly the passenger can be heard. Sounds to me that perhaps the mics have been fitted for left hand drive cars! Nissan are taking it back for testing and mic replacement fyi. Anyone experiencing he same problem?

charles charlie 3rd April 2011 09:48 PM

R35s telephone mic is above the passenger I'm afraid so us RHD drivers get the bum deal!

MILONATOR 3rd April 2011 09:57 PM

If that is the case officially isn't it odd that the Nissan mechanic was in the car with me to experience the problem and rather than replace it Nissan are going to pick the car up from my house and take it in for testing first before replacing the mic as they have not had an issue in the past-a little odd isn't it.....surprised every new customer does not complain and that they are familiar with it????

charles charlie 3rd April 2011 10:00 PM

You think it odd that a Nissan tech doesn't know his way around a GTR?

Seriously, many of us had similar issues when our 09 cars arrived but just accepted that phone quality was poor. My 56 plate M Class merc has perfect phone quality, my GTR has me shouting to be heard.

Honestly, doesnt bother me.

MILONATOR 3rd April 2011 10:03 PM

I'm just not used to this level of poor quality-never had this issue with previous cars-will be interesting to see what Nissan come back with-have suggested to them tonight via email that it is in fact a LHD v RHD issue!

Nissan is a new thing for me-have to say they didn't even know the run in procedure!!!

Happydays 3rd April 2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MILONATOR (Post 1437537)
I'm just not used to this level of poor quality-never had this issue with previous cars-will be interesting to see what Nissan come back with-have suggested to them tonight via email that it is in fact a LHD v RHD issue!

Nissan is a new thing for me-have to say they didn't even know the run in procedure!!!

I have also reported the same issue to my HPC re my new MY11 Gtr - of course have heard nothing back and havnt had time to persue this, but if it is a problem others are experiencing I will need to follow this up. I had no such problems in my Merc E55' s ( Ive has 3 of them, or in my ML500 merc we still have, but people I speak to regularly have remarked that since changing to the GTR 3 weeks ago they really cannot hear me which is always so frustrating when you can hear them really clearly in the car. Would be so good if there is a way of fixing this.

MILONATOR 3rd April 2011 10:28 PM

I will let you know what they say-will post it up on this thread for everyone-think they pick the car up on Wed. The good thing is that at least the mechanic has heard it and supports the issue-at least a decent starting point. I am shouting my head off when I drive the car-just not used to it-bloody exhausting to be honest. I will mention to them that I've heard of others with the same problem.

MILONATOR 3rd April 2011 10:29 PM

Happydays-where did you buy your MY11 from? Mine is from Aldershot

Zed Ed 3rd April 2011 10:33 PM

Get a loud pipe and your problem will go away. :)

You think the mic position is bad, what about the Bluetooth!

Naranja 4th April 2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MILONATOR (Post 1437552)
I will let you know what they say-will post it up on this thread for everyone-think they pick the car up on Wed. The good thing is that at least the mechanic has heard it and supports the issue-at least a decent starting point. I am shouting my head off when I drive the car-just not used to it-bloody exhausting to be honest. I will mention to them that I've heard of others with the same problem.

I'd be very interested in the outcome of this, mine is bad, been told I sound like I'm in a helicopter under water on occasions!

MILONATOR 4th April 2011 09:14 AM

Snap! Everyone also tells me that I sound as if I am talking underwater. More people need to make the complaint-if the mics are set as LHD then Nissan need to provide a RHD version-if everyone makes a noise now we may get it fixed-guess they will only do it for those cars under warranty though.

enshiu 4th April 2011 02:04 PM

They should re-use the 2007-2010 part for the microphone and interior as they are faced to the right.

My '08-09 JDM has this setup in the interior:

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/2500/dsc00007dz.jpg

waltong 4th April 2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enshiu (Post 1437769)
they should re-use the 2007-2010 part for the microphone and interior part as they are faced to the right.

I knew we'd eventually find something better in the "old" model! ;)

enshiu 4th April 2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MILONATOR (Post 1437661)
Snap! Everyone also tells me that I sound as if I am talking underwater. More people need to make the complaint-if the mics are set as LHD then Nissan need to provide a RHD version-if everyone makes a noise now we may get it fixed-guess they will only do it for those cars under warranty though.

Look at the photo I just posted on the forum and where did you get that avatar from pm me and what anime? :clap:

vxrcymru 4th April 2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waltong (Post 1437771)
I knew we'd eventually find something better in the "old" model! ;)

Never used it but old model rules :clap::clap:

apj30 4th April 2011 03:56 PM

Can someone post a pic of the 2011 microphone please?

It does seem quite the oversight that the mic should be on the passenger side and not the driver's!

Especially as Japan is a RHD country so should be more inclined to do things our way.

Naranja 4th April 2011 10:09 PM

I absolutely stand to be corrected but, I don't think the little pokey hole is the microphone, I think it's behind one of the little grills pictured. Just checked mine and the hole and grills are the same as the picture, albeit black!

I had the same problem on my 09 car and did some tests, as I have in the new one viz: leaning over to the left and talking, apparently I was clearer. I also 'scratched' both grills with my nail and apparently the noise made was louder on the left grill.

When we had this problem originally I'm sure someone clever had a look behind the plastic and confirmed the microphone was there...on the left.

Andy W 4th April 2011 10:16 PM

jees its an auto .... just pick up the phone :p

charles charlie 4th April 2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naranja (Post 1438084)

When we had this problem originally I'm sure someone clever had a look behind the plastic and confirmed the microphone was there...on the left.

I had that trim piece out a while ago as I hoped to swap over the mic but the wiring doesnt allow it.

The mic is definitely behind the LH grill on my 09 GTR.

kiders 4th April 2011 10:39 PM

what i really really dont like is that it dose not pause the music when you are on the phone! and once i hang up its some other track arr dose my head in my m3 dose it so why cant this one :runaway:


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
http://www.Tyreforums.com


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.