Another HPC comes up trumps - Halifax - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd April 2011, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
ROG350Z is Nismo
GT-RDC Founder Member

Cars owned: GT-R R35 Spec V, GT-R Nismo, Zenos E10R
Another HPC comes up trumps - Halifax

Hello all, in my trek around the UK (call me the Micheal Palin of GT-R) I dropped into Halifax Lightcliffe on my way passed to a client just to see about the rattle which was being a pain all day.

Michael (After Sales manager) and Paul (GT-R Tech) were absolutely first class and very welcoming. Very obviously both proper petrol heads and enthusiasts rather than just 'doing a job' I had high hopes after they turned up to the TRL Dyno day meet and we had a great chat about all things GT-R.

Paul had a root around underneath and I booked it in for this Thursday for a half day just to try to get to the bottom of it.

Turned up and Paul had come in early specially to make a start. After a good run out and taking the back end to bits and testing everything he tightened a few heat shield bits etc which made a big difference but we tracked the main issue to resonating brakes (rear) on bumpy roads (lots up north) on no, or trailing throttle at around 40 MPH. Nightmare to track down but he was patient and a process of elimination. New MY11 spec clips on order and will be fitted when they come in. Sarah the Service Advisor (also extremely nice) came out for full check of the car after a quick fly squash wash and can't recommend them highly enough. I know we all love to hate the dealers but in the two new ones I have been to over the past month or two they were excellent and labour rates not ridiculous either.

Thanks and Well done all at Lightcliffe! Please god sort the coffee out though - I think I know where the old transmission oil goes haha!
Old 23rd April 2011, 08:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fuggles is at Nissan GT-R London
Registered

Cars owned: none
Glad to hear. When I spoke to the NHPC about the launch and other things they seemed really helpful and very much on the ball. Excellent
Old 23rd April 2011, 10:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
paul__k is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member

What labour rates are they charging?

Old 23rd April 2011, 04:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
ROG350Z is Nismo
GT-RDC Founder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul__k View Post
What labour rates are they charging?
I think £90 + VAT off the top of my head but have had a wine or two as it Bank holiday weekend so don't quote me.
Old 25th April 2011, 06:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jaw_F430 is made up with the MY11 software
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Mini Cooper S, M3 CSL, UMS GTR Blk Ed
So rattle all sorted Rog?

How much are the clips? May have to ask Middlehursts to order me some if it will sort my rattle
Old 25th April 2011, 09:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
ROG350Z is Nismo
GT-RDC Founder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaw_F430 View Post
So rattle all sorted Rog?

How much are the clips? May have to ask Middlehursts to order me some if it will sort my rattle
Not yet - on order. Getting the MY11 ones as stronger apparently. Will keep you posted when all done and rattle free. Oh and all under warranty as is horrific version of rattle not normal tinkling sound you get from fronts.
Old 26th April 2011, 06:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jaw_F430 is made up with the MY11 software
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Mini Cooper S, M3 CSL, UMS GTR Blk Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG350Z View Post
Not yet - on order. Getting the MY11 ones as stronger apparently. Will keep you posted when all done and rattle free. Oh and all under warranty as is horrific version of rattle not normal tinkling sound you get from fronts.
Hope it does sort it. Going through tunnels with the window open sounds like something is about to fall off
Old 26th April 2011, 06:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
ROG350Z is Nismo
GT-RDC Founder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaw_F430 View Post
Hope it does sort it. Going through tunnels with the window open sounds like something is about to fall off
Yep - glad it not just me then! Apparently after market kits are the way forwards. i am going to States next year around 18 months after getting it so be ready for new full set to bring back with me in empty suitcase!