Why can't i post my car?? - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 1st May 2011, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
gauds is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Nissan Skyline R34 GTR
Why can't i post my car??

Trying to sell my R34GTR can't put it on the for sale forum! say's something about i need to have 50 posts?? and i have only 30.
I've only been a member for 5years now!!!!
Old 1st May 2011, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
MIKEGTR is rolling on double deuces
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Midnight Purple R33 GTR
And thank you for your massive contribution during that time.

May I suggest eBay and pistonheads, they don't charge much
Old 1st May 2011, 09:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Its on pistonheads, getting fed up with all the scams asking if it can be shipped to Nigeria!!!
I would rather sell it here where i know there are proper genuine buyers.

Old 1st May 2011, 09:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

maybe i should just keep posting random replies til i get up to 50!
Old 1st May 2011, 09:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
TAZZMAXX is ...............
ADMIN

The 50 post rule is most definitely in force with regard to selling although it has been relaxed for buying. It is was it is. Despite being a register member for 5 years, admin would ask why you have not contributed more than 30 times in the past 5 years. You can't take out if you don't put in, as it were.
Old 1st May 2011, 09:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
TAZZMAXX is ...............
ADMIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauds View Post
Check this out and you'll see why that may not be the best idea in this instance.

https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/141611-pe...ming-50-a.html
Old 1st May 2011, 09:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
SPEED MERCHANT is the apparent destroyer of business's
Registered

Cars owned: ARKHAM
Quote:
I've only been a member for 5years now!!!!
No, you 'registered' as a user of this forum five years ago ...
So indeed, thank you for the contribution in this time.

NISMO R35 N-ATTACK(B) PILOT - "BECAUSE I WAS INVERTED"

GTROC = BEST CLUB STAND - JAPFEST SILVERSTONE 2018
GTROC = BEST ONE MAKE CLUB STAND - JAPFEST DONNINGTON 2018

ARKHAM RACING -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 1st May 2011, 10:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
enshiu is busy working on R32 GTS4
Registered

Cars owned: 2008 R35 GT-R JDM Black Premium Edition, 1991 Nissan GTS4, JDM Toyota Camry,(winter use) Subaru Vivio
Quote:
get some non-skyline posts till 50 easy job!
Old 1st May 2011, 10:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
MIKEGTR is rolling on double deuces
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Midnight Purple R33 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by enshiu View Post
get some non-skyline posts till 50 easy job!
Bellend
Old 1st May 2011, 11:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
MrGT is think I might want a r32 gtr
GTROC Member

Cars owned: series 2 R33 GTR (cold climate spec)
Quote:
why cant i post my car???
Oh oh i know this 1......

cause it wont fit in the post box......

tib
Old 1st May 2011, 11:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
enshiu is busy working on R32 GTS4
Registered

Cars owned: 2008 R35 GT-R JDM Black Premium Edition, 1991 Nissan GTS4, JDM Toyota Camry,(winter use) Subaru Vivio
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEGTR View Post
Bellend
easy lol
Old 1st May 2011, 11:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Nigel-Power is playing a Game

Cars owned: a wheelbarrow
Quote:
Its on pistonheads, getting fed up with all the scams asking if it can be shipped to Nigeria!!!
I would rather sell it here where i know there are proper genuine buyers.
Nigerians are the only genuine buyers these days. cash straight into your bank account, no probs.

I have a trade account with Autotrader, if you want PM me the details and I will wack it in for free. I'm allowed to advertise 6 cars, and have free spaces.
I will put your own mobile number on the advert so you get the calls.
Old 1st May 2011, 11:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
mattysupra is gutted he sold his R34 GTR S1
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R34 GTR OMORI FACTORY SPEC S1
quick question,

Lets say the user who posted this thread (been a member for 5 years and only 30 posts) has never really needed to post.

1- For instance, his car has been been trouble free so not needed to ask questions on here.

2- Maybe has had issued but used the SEARCH function and found his own answers to his problem. (after all, people flame new users for not searching before asking the question)

3- He reads on here most nights but does not reply to peoples questions incase he gives wrong advice?

So how can someone like the above get a high post count? He has obviously not joined here to sell something as if they have they have waited a long time !

It seems daft to me that someone being a member for 5 years cant post a for sale thread, but someone can spam there way to 50 in a matter of days/weeks if they wanted. Put the 50 posts over 2 months and no one will notice but a chap that has been on here for over 5 years can sell something and "WE" now flame him for not posting when everyone gets moaned at for not searching instead of posting !
Old 1st May 2011, 11:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysupra View Post
quick question,

Lets say the user who posted this thread (been a member for 5 years and only 30 posts) has never really needed to post.

1- For instance, his car has been been trouble free so not needed to ask questions on here.

2- Maybe has had issued but used the SEARCH function and found his own answers to his problem. (after all, people flame new users for not searching before asking the question)

3- He reads on here most nights but does not reply to peoples questions incase he gives wrong advice?

So how can someone like the above get a high post count? He has obviously not joined here to sell something as if they have they have waited a long time !

It seems daft to me that someone being a member for 5 years cant post a for sale thread, but someone can spam there way to 50 in a matter of days/weeks if they wanted. Put the 50 posts over 2 months and no one will notice but a chap that has been on here for over 5 years can sell something and "WE" now flame him for not posting when everyone gets moaned at for not searching instead of posting !
I agree with you, if the reason for the 50 post + 3 months time limit as a registered user is there to be imposed in order to prevent the spammers and those who suddenly show up to advertise and sell things,,, it's fair enough, but in this instance this registered member seems genuine and it's obvious he didn't join just ot sell. I feel it's kinda harsh. As for his contribution, I cannot comment on that. The only thing is though he does not seem to be familiar with the forum that much, given away by the fact that this thread is posted in the wrong section. nevertheless still a bit harsh me thinks.
Old 1st May 2011, 11:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel-Power View Post
he does not seem to be familiar with the forum that much, given away by the fact that this thread is posted in the wrong section.

Yes agreed on the fact that he must not be on here much due to 'we' would guess he would of posted in the correct section.

But does this go back to the point of he uses the search function so is not used to how the forum is set out?

After all, i drive a 34 GTR and you have a 33 GTR! So what section would you presume we post in? The GTR section? We both own GTR's at the end of the day, we dont drive GTST's or GTT's etc, we have GTR's! The GTR section on here is wrong in my eyes, the 32/33/34 GTR was here before the 35 GTR, should the GTR section on here not actually be named the 35 section?
Old 2nd May 2011, 12:08 AM   #16 (permalink)

I never understood why there should be seperate section for the R35, I think it was due to a number of old school die hard members moaning that their old Datsuns should be treated differently to the 35, hence the segregation.
If everything was in one section imo it would be much easier. why can we all not get along, as you said they are all GTRs so old or new should have one section tbh, but again this is my personal view before anyone snaps at me.
Old 2nd May 2011, 12:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
Clive S-P is RB26 deficient
GTROC Member

Cars owned: GT-R34 V-Spec & Stagea 260RS
I tend to agree with Matty Supra and Nigel-Power. I go through phases of using this and one or two other forums. This one in particular is a fantastic source of information and I have spent many hours on here without saying a word. In fact I used it for a long time before I even signed up.
Some people spend lots of time on here and post endlessly about all sorts of topics and other just read what they say.
I think it is also fair to say that some people may say a lot and 'contribute' very little.
I understand the reason for the 50 post rule but it clearly isn't full proof and sometimes it isn't relevant. This may be one of those times.

Or

Burning through the world's resources!

... if your Latin is a bit rusty!
Old 2nd May 2011, 12:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel-Power View Post
I never understood why there should be seperate section for the R35, I think it was due to a number of old school die hard members moaning that their old Datsuns should be treated differently to the 35, hence the segregation.
If everything was in one section imo it would be much easier. why can we all not get along, as you said they are all GTRs so old or new should have one section tbh, but again this is my personal view before anyone snaps at me.

LOL, ye.

But it did happen. Maybe a few months before you joined here? But i dont think it was that long ago, must be tho.

Anyway, the R35's got joined with the R32/33/34 but there was to many complaints and the R35 lot got there own section.

Nigel, the problem is that 99% of the R35 owners wont come out of the R35 section. For instance MOOK tried to merge the R35 projects with teh rest of the skyline's a few months back but again the R35 people got there own way.

Its very sad really, The R35 lot are stuck in a small box hidding there cars from the skyline (true GTR lot Maybe??? ) lot and in tern getting snubbed back. Nobody cares about the R35 and nobody wants one. There price is dropping like mad and now cheaper than a R34 GTR built 10+ years ago ! Well its no wonder when the R35 lot have no intrest in the older skylines.

More funny is the older lots (32/33/34's) , well most of them would leave a R35 standing around a track!
Old 2nd May 2011, 12:33 AM   #19 (permalink)

Like myself as well, in actual of fact I have been using this forum regularly since 2005, at least 3-4 days a week, but I never joined, it seemed very hostile at the time. plust I had no GTR so there was no need, but I was just reading and info etc. I even know the old members from back in the day. If you look at the bottom of the page where stasts are shown, there are always more visitors viewing than registered members, by 3 fold.
Old 2nd May 2011, 12:38 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysupra View Post
LOL, ye.

But it did happen. Maybe a few months before you joined here? But i dont think it was that long ago, must be tho.

Anyway, the R35's got joined with the R32/33/34 but there was to many complaints and the R35 lot got there own section.

Nigel, the problem is that 99% of the R35 owners wont come out of the R35 section. For instance MOOK tried to merge the R35 projects with teh rest of the skyline's a few months back but again the R35 people got there own way.

Its very sad really, The R35 lot are stuck in a small box hidding there cars from the skyline (true GTR lot Maybe??? ) lot and in tern getting snubbed back. Nobody cares about the R35 and nobody wants one. There price is dropping like mad and now cheaper than a R34 GTR built 10+ years ago ! Well its no wonder when the R35 lot have no intrest in the older skylines.

More funny is the older lots (32/33/34's) , well most of them would leave a R35 standing around a track!
If it was up to the 35 owners they would probably downgrade the skyline owners even more, or even more extreme... expell them from this forum into another datsungtr.co.uk/notsophisticated/enough