Anyone At SVM On Friday? - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2011, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
w8pmc is loving his new M5
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Previous, RS6, E60 M5, B7 RS4, Storm White 2010 R35, Audi A8 Exec. Now Monte Carlo Blue (DMS Stage 2) 2015 F10 M5
Anyone At SVM On Friday?

Down there to have a few minor alterations done to mine so thought i'd check if anyone else is about on Friday?

Be good to see the SVM team again
MY15 LCi F10 M5 (DMS Stage 2 Tuned) in Monte Carlo Blue With Extended Sakhir Orange Interior. Options: Bootlid Operation Powered, Loudspeaker System Harman Kardon, Reversing Assist Camera, Surround View, Universal Remote Control, Internet & Sun Protection Glass
w8pmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 05:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
andrew186 is GTR crazy
Registered

Cars owned: R34 GTR, BMW M4, BMW F10 528i, Audi Q7, BMW F30 330e
hey im headin over on Saturday ..

what time on Friday are you going to be there?
Old 3rd May 2011, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Previous, RS6, E60 M5, B7 RS4, Storm White 2010 R35, Audi A8 Exec. Now Monte Carlo Blue (DMS Stage 2) 2015 F10 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew186 View Post
hey im headin over on Saturday ..

what time on Friday are you going to be there?
Will be there from around 8:30 & likely be there till at least lunchtime
MY15 LCi F10 M5 (DMS Stage 2 Tuned) in Monte Carlo Blue With Extended Sakhir Orange Interior. Options: Bootlid Operation Powered, Loudspeaker System Harman Kardon, Reversing Assist Camera, Surround View, Universal Remote Control, Internet & Sun Protection Glass

Old 3rd May 2011, 05:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Stevie76 is at stage 4.25+FMIC and counting
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Current: Stage 4.25 DMG R35, 2014 Impreza WRX STi, 1992 205 Mi16, Pimped 320d MSport Touring, BMW S1000RR HP4C
Next big SVM build on the cards Paul?
Old 3rd May 2011, 07:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie76 View Post
Next big SVM build on the cards Paul?
Nope, way too scared to go that far

Just a couple of upgrades being fitted & then i hope to leave her as is for the rest of the year.
Old 3rd May 2011, 07:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
charles charlie is chasing a Veyron from 30-130mph
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: E36 M3 Evo, Mini Cooper S, 996 Boxster S, Caterham Super 7, Merc Tractor :(
Spill the beans Paul....

Intakes and injectors I guess......?

Engine built @ RiversideRacing
Litcho rods/pistons/RaceIC/BOVs/oil cooler/susp+handling kit/front diff
Race Developments ported manifold/AT Power TBs
RF street zorst+DPs
RacingBrake BBK
Xtreme18 Clutch/Dodson 1st gear+shaft/trans brace
2015 alloys/nav upgrade/Nismo cluster
DSC susp controller
DBA front/Varis CF bonnet/2016 Lights
TTE7XX turbos = >900bhp 700lbsft 30-130mph in 8.19s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
charles charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 08:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Stevie76 is at stage 4.25+FMIC and counting
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Current: Stage 4.25 DMG R35, 2014 Impreza WRX STi, 1992 205 Mi16, Pimped 320d MSport Touring, BMW S1000RR HP4C
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8pmc View Post
Just a couple of upgrades being fitted & then i hope to leave her as is for the rest of the year.
Might be me having deja vu moment but sure I have heard that before
Old 3rd May 2011, 09:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles charlie View Post
Spill the beans Paul....

Intakes and injectors I guess......?
Spot on, although i'm debating having the SVM bumper intakes done as well. Like the idea of a whole dollop of extra air forced directly to the new intakes, but not 100% sure on having 2 big holes in my front bumper.

Gonna mull it over tonight & decide tomorrow.
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
charles charlie is chasing a Veyron from 30-130mph
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: E36 M3 Evo, Mini Cooper S, 996 Boxster S, Caterham Super 7, Merc Tractor :(
Yep, I know what you mean. Great idea but unsure of the look.

Shame Stillen never made these for sale..

I've had these in a shot.

BTW what size of injectors you going for? I'm still running stock 570cc (?) and I'm unsure of how much extra you get other than better top end speed.

Maybe KK or Ben can chime in with the benefits of swapping injectors from OEM.

Engine built @ RiversideRacing
Litcho rods/pistons/RaceIC/BOVs/oil cooler/susp+handling kit/front diff
Race Developments ported manifold/AT Power TBs
RF street zorst+DPs
RacingBrake BBK
Xtreme18 Clutch/Dodson 1st gear+shaft/trans brace
2015 alloys/nav upgrade/Nismo cluster
DSC susp controller
DBA front/Varis CF bonnet/2016 Lights
TTE7XX turbos = >900bhp 700lbsft 30-130mph in 8.19s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
charles charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
sumo69 is now Stage 4 and MY12 software
GTROC Member

Andy

I believe uprated injectors only required if you are going towards 650bhp upwards.

D
Old 4th May 2011, 09:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles charlie View Post
Yep, I know what you mean. Great idea but unsure of the look.

Shame Stillen never made these for sale..

I've had these in a shot.

BTW what size of injectors you going for? I'm still running stock 570cc (?) and I'm unsure of how much extra you get other than better top end speed.

Maybe KK or Ben can chime in with the benefits of swapping injectors from OEM.
Andy, dropped you a reply on text earlier.

I doubt the injectors will make much of a difference, however at higher speeds the OEM ones are restrictive & at speeds over 140mph this can be a weakspot. That said i don't drive around at over 140mph very often, however i do like VMAX events (attending next weekend) & hope to be knocking on the door of 190mph at Brunters so decided upgrading the injectors was a good insurance policy

Did a Cobb datalog a few weeks ago & on the 4th gear pull the restrictive nature of the OEM injectors at higher speeds was spotted on the logs.

As above, likely not required until heading over 650bhp (is part of the SVM 650R) but with the GTC intakes & SVM bumper intakes, chances are i'll be around the 620+ mark so better safe than sorry.
Old 4th May 2011, 09:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
[email protected] is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: GTC R35 GTR, R34, R33, R32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo69 View Post
Andy

I believe uprated injectors only required if you are going towards 650bhp upwards.

D
or when 570cc max out
Old 4th May 2011, 09:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji Linney GTC View Post
or when 570cc max out
& what he said

Better to be safe than sorry me thinks

Catch you on Friday Ben, can't wait for even bigger grins
Old 4th May 2011, 09:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
& what he said

Better to be safe than sorry me thinks

Catch you on Friday Ben, can't wait for even bigger grins

as i type just been etuning a GTR in Germany with our intakes and latest filters really pleased with them, follows the oem maf curve nicely and good air flow.
Old 6th May 2011, 12:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

R35 GTR Arrives

This morning as planned Paul arrived in his R35 to have a few upgrades installed.....

and the work begins ......

Front Bumper Intakes - The SVM Signature !! (so we keep getting told ..lol)

Air Filters in ......

Upgraded Injectors being installed

mmmmmmmmm Tasty

Come on John ....... Put you back into it ....again ....lol

SVM would like to thank Paul for his custom, It was a pleasure dealing with him and we wish him a safe and enjoyable drive home...

Regards

KK & Team (Amar,John & Gavin)

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Kev@SVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 08:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
GTROC Member

Guys, many thanks for yet another top quality install by SVM. So so pleased with the results, the car does feel more urgent & is pulling even stronger. Logs on their way to the maestro as i type.

It's now hard to decide which sound i like the most given we have the addition of Intake noise. This new sound along with the spooling turbos & GTC Titan make for an aural extravaganza

Will be back soon for one of your DRL options & am going to mull over the downpipes to complete the 650R. Perversely i think i want the sticker & engine badge

Have a great weekend & it was a pleasure dealing with you all at SVM & i'll be back very soon.
Old 6th May 2011, 09:06 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Guys, many thanks for yet another top quality install by SVM. So so pleased with the results, the car does feel more urgent & is pulling even stronger. Logs on their way to the maestro as i type.

It's now hard to decide which sound i like the most given we have the addition of Intake noise. This new sound along with the spooling turbos & GTC Titan make for an aural extravaganza

Will be back soon for one of your DRL options & am going to mull over the downpipes to complete the 650R. Perversely i think i want the sticker & engine badge

Have a great weekend & it was a pleasure dealing with you all at SVM & i'll be back very soon.

v4 back at ya
Old 6th May 2011, 09:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

yes as the car settles down.you wil find she will improve even more

i felt she required a little more ignition and a little extra boost from my test drive.. i normally spend a little more time , but you had to dash
im 100% sure your going to love her after benji has returned the map from the logs
pls stay in touch kk

let me know about the day light running lights..oem type or the angel eye options,,,,also ill save you a set of down pipes and have them wrapped for you
ready and waiting lol

ps did you like ironbridge?

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Kev@SVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 09:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVM View Post
yes as the car settles down.you wil find she will improve even more

i felt she required a little more ignition and a little extra boost from my test drive.. i normally spend a little more time , but you had to dash
im 100% sure your going to love her after benji has returned the map from the logs
pls stay in touch kk

let me know about the day light running lights..oem type or the angel eye options,,,,also ill save you a set of down pipes and have them wrapped for you
ready and waiting lol

ps did you like ironbridge?
Will do as i'll defo be back soon & sorry i had to dash but needed to leg it over to Sheffield & then back home & onto North Wales.

As a slight aside, had a pax in my car for the Sheffield - home journey & we went over the Pennines (open road). He has a 450bhp (was 520bhp) B5 RS4 & a 550BHP C5 RS6 & guess what???? he's asked me to keep my eyes peeled as he now wants a GT-R asap Having experienced mine he said no way he's going head to head at The Ring & Spa unless he has the same car as nothing else could come close.

Ironbridge was really pretty, nice couple of hours given i'd never been before.

Sent you a seperate email regarding DRL's & downpipes.

Thanks again