BOLT-IN ROLL CAGE - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 8th May 2011, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
PETERJH is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

BOLT-IN ROLL CAGE

With extra power comes extra speed and also the risks increase.I would very much like to install a 4 point bolt-in roll bar in my car and I'm trying to find someone who can supply me with one without needing my car for fitting.The bars offerred in the USA all seem to be extremely expensive even before you include transport and import taxes(and of course the GTR tax).I have spoken on two occasions to Custom Cages,but their "technician" is obviously too busy to even return my calls.Is there anyone out there who has fitted one and can post some fotos and give some feedback?The manufacturer could be anywhere in Europe.
Thankyou
Peter
Old 8th May 2011, 10:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
GTRSTAR is talking To Kev @ SVM Because He Can Turn A Two Ton Turd in to Shit Off A Shovel!
GTROC Member

My roll cage will be completed this week by Hauser Racing, the people that basically wrote the book on roll cages for drag racing.

However, its not a half cage and its not bolt in as theyre as about as much use as a set of stabilisers on a superbike.

Give Geoff a call to discuss your requirements

Cobb AP \ Cobra Imola Carbon Technology Seats \ HRE Comp 90 Wheels \ Titanium Nuts \ Michelin PS2 Tyres \ Performance Friction Discs/Pads \ HEL Brake Lines \ KW V3 Clubsport Coilovers \ Stillen ARB's \ KK12R Under Construction At SVM \

"If it doesnt scare me shitless, it doesnt command respect, if it doesnt command respect, its not worth driving." GTRSTAR 2010

"If it breaks the bank, I lose the wife, if I lose the wife, I've still got the GTR" :D GTRSTAR 2011
GTRSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Trev is Team Sheldrake Racing
Registered

Cars owned: R32 GT-R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRSTAR View Post
and its not bolt in as theyre as about as much use as a set of stabilisers on a superbike.
If it's safe enough to use in MSA/FIA regulations for racing then I'm sorry you are wrong.

That said, wielded in is better.

Old 8th May 2011, 10:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
PETERJH is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Thanks GTRSTAR,I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Peter