Litchfield & Milltek at Japfest 2011 this Saturday - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13th May 2011, 04:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Litchfield is unaware they can edit their status
GTR Register Trader

Cars owned: R35 GTR
Post Litchfield & Milltek at Japfest 2011 this Saturday

Just a quick note to say Mark and I will be attending the Japfest Show tomorrow at Castle Coombe and exhibiting on the Milltek stand. We will be taking our remote Credit Card facility and workshop diary so we can offer some special show deals and discounts on our Nissan GTR products and services

We will be showcasing the new 90mm Milltek GTR exhaust system which has been designed to provide enough flow for the high power cars we are building whilst still maintaining an acceptable noise level.

On display will be our 600bhp 2011 Nissan GTR Democar which is currently running the Milltek exhaust and Ecutek remap. Also on the stand will be Millteks Orange Nissan GTR with Titanium exhaust trims and is pushing out around 700bhp after a round of further upgrades. We will also bring one of our acclaimed Subaru Impreza Type-20 models similar to the car that was recently on the cover of Evo Magazine and last weeks Fifth Gear TV show

We will be available to talk about all things GTR during the day so please feel free to pop over for a chat in the comfort of Millteks hospitality suite.

The GTR we built for the Renault F1 boss and Evo Magazines "Tuned Car Of The Year" will be on display on Forge Motorsports stand

If you have not been before Castle Combe in Wiltshire is hosting Europe's biggest Japanese car show, Japfest 2011. It will be packed with many features and events. There's drifting (including passenger rides), track sessions, rolling road dyno-testing, Honda Racing BTCC cars, Suzuki Swift Rallycross Championship, Power and Style awards and various club and forum displays and much more...

We look forward to seeing you there

Regards

Iain
Web:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

Twitter: @Litchfield_UK

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Litchfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 04:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
vxrcymru is a carbon fetishist
GT-RDC Founder Member

Cars owned: R35 GTR Stage 5 & Evo X FQ400
Can we take the cars for a blast around the track lol
Old 13th May 2011, 07:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Stevie76 is at stage 4.25+FMIC and counting
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Current: Stage 4.25 DMG R35, 2014 Impreza WRX STi, 1992 205 Mi16, Pimped 320d MSport Touring, BMW S1000RR HP4C
Is that a new style exhaust on the orange car? Looks different. How much is rear section...got non res y already?

Old 13th May 2011, 10:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
sumo69 is now Stage 4 and MY12 software
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie76 View Post
Is that a new style exhaust on the orange car? Looks different. How much is rear section...got non res y already?
It has Milltek tips rather than standard - after todays visit, I have them on mine!!

D
Old 13th May 2011, 10:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Steve is Mr GTR
GT-RDC Founder Member

Cars owned: Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R "V"Spec
Dave how is it !?

2008 Nissan GTR Black Edition (Racing "Fastest Colour" Red)
1997 Nisan Skyline R33 GTR V Spec (Midnight Purple, the only Colour for an R33 GTR)
1991 Honda NSX Type R (Vibrant Red)
2011 Porsche Cayman R (Peridot Green)
2108 VW Golf R (Saffron Gold)
2003 Mazda MX5 (Blue)
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 05:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
countvonc is wanting a GT1 car as a track toy
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: R35, Navara, Classic Scooby & Turboed MX-5, X1/9(!), now sold..Evo X (382/400)
That orange GTR sure did shift. Fastest thing on he track by far in the two sessions I saw it go out.

Good service from Iain as usual, I have had the clicking wheel noise upon turning since my 2 year service. 'Drop in anytime and we'll fix it' from Iain is of course what you want to hear.

A good day, not sure how many of the punters had any cash to spent but I guess the traders make it pay someway!

Y pipe & 90mm Titan
NIS006 Custom Cobb
Interior carbon
Tints & stuff
White bumpers that match the metal bits.
countvonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 06:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Chubby is no longer content with 700bhp and is now going for 850 bhp... but now has 900bhp... Yipee

Cars owned: At present I have Evo X, Evo 9GT full race, Range Rover Sport, Mini Cooper S (turbo), Abarth 500, Boxster S & 911 GT3 gen 2.
The orange GT-R is mine and thanks to Milltek and Iain Litchfield was fantastic all day.

As they say 'The proof of the pudding'..... well it's now running approx 700bhp with new turbos and it didn't miss a beat all day.
It was the only R-35 on track (I think) and was given the full workout, and everything worked perfectly.
It has a new map which can be changed on the fly - so you have a 'Road' mode and a 'Race' mode which you can change the boost level as you drive, which give you a good mpg on the motorways, and great levels of power on the track.

There are more mods to come, changed exhaust system from Milltek and a few upgrades from Litchfields and then we will get it on the rollers for figures, but needless to say, whatever the figures are, this car is f###ing awesome in every way, power you can use everywhere, not just in a straight 1/4 mile run, track or A roads are gobbled up...
If you want a special GT-R that you can use every day, in any condition, and show no visible differance from a standard GT-R this is what you need....

Thanks to Phil at Milltek, Iain at Litchfields, Pete and Chris at Forge, ECU Tec for the maps who have helped make this car the best car I have ever had... even if it's orange...

Rich.
Old 15th May 2011, 07:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Chubby is no longer content with 700bhp and is now going for 850 bhp... but now has 900bhp... Yipee

Cars owned: At present I have Evo X, Evo 9GT full race, Range Rover Sport, Mini Cooper S (turbo), Abarth 500, Boxster S & 911 GT3 gen 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie76 View Post
Hi Steve, the tips are new - Titanium ones - I think they look great as they are tapered from the inside pipe diameter and very easy to clean and keep clean.

Rich.
Old 15th May 2011, 07:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Picture of stand at Japfest 2011
Old 15th May 2011, 07:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

One stand - two GT-R's - 1300bhp.... Not to be sniffed at.... !!!
Old 15th May 2011, 07:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Adamantium is apparently poisonous to Wolverine - who knew?
Registered

Cars owned: Audi S5 3.0TFSi, Audi Q5 3.0TDi
Is the exhaust change the 90mm system throughout? If so, how's the sound in terms of absolute volume on track and at idle, quality and drone, especially on motorways.

Sorry for the questions but I'm considering this as my first mod.

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 10:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

The GT-R Flame thrower

Last edited by Chubby; 15th May 2011 at 10:16 AM..
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 10:16 AM   #13 (permalink)

Old 15th May 2011, 10:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
David.Yu is adjusting to life without a GT-R...
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: R35 GT-R, BMW M135i 5 dr manual, 190hp Abarth 500 (wife's)
Wow Rich, you've got a fantastic, usable beast there!

So upgraded turbos on standard engine internals? What's the lag and response like compared to the original turbos?

Gone for a brake upgrade yet?
Old 15th May 2011, 10:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
nick the tubman is feeling very pleased !
Registered

Cars owned: R35 GTR `10. R33 GTR v-spec Road & Track. R33 GTR Race Car
saw this going round on the day.... that is one bloomin quick car! very impressive. needs to be louder though... you need a switch on the exhaust too mate. one for refinement, one for japfest haha.
Old 15th May 2011, 10:40 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.Yu View Post
Wow Rich, you've got a fantastic, usable beast there!

So upgraded turbos on standard engine internals? What's the lag and response like compared to the original turbos?

Gone for a brake upgrade yet?
No difference in lag - turbos come on line as before just stronger at the top end so no drop off.

Brakes are next.... :-)
Old 15th May 2011, 10:43 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the tubman View Post
saw this going round on the day.... that is one bloomin quick car! very impressive. needs to be louder though... you need a switch on the exhaust too mate. one for refinement, one for japfest haha.
Trouble with exhaust is different circuits, it's fine at Castle Combe but not at Donny... Go figure as they use the same db's...

Milltek working on an upgrade.... on display at the show.. Let you know what happens...

Rich.
Old 15th May 2011, 10:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
David.Yu is adjusting to life without a GT-R...
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: R35 GT-R, BMW M135i 5 dr manual, 190hp Abarth 500 (wife's)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Trouble with exhaust is different circuits, it's fine at Castle Combe but not at Donny... Go figure as they use the same db's...

Milltek working on an upgrade.... on display at the show.. Let you know what happens...

Rich.
Still running standard downpipes at the moment?
When are you taking it to the Ring?
Old 15th May 2011, 11:47 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.Yu View Post
Still running standard downpipes at the moment?
When are you taking it to the Ring?
Milltek 90mm downpipes - with silenced y pipe...

As soon as possible - I have just bought a GT3 Gen 2, so would like to take that as well but the way the GT-R is running and I'm so confident driving the wheels of it I would like to get a sub 8 mins before I hang up the gloves...

Rich.
Old 15th May 2011, 11:50 AM   #20 (permalink)
Stevie76 is at stage 4.25+FMIC and counting

Cars owned: Current: Stage 4.25 DMG R35, 2014 Impreza WRX STi, 1992 205 Mi16, Pimped 320d MSport Touring, BMW S1000RR HP4C
Rich if you dnt mind me asking how much are the milltek downpipes and do they make much of a noise difference in the car with louder being better for me?

Cheers