Big thanks to SVM! - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17th May 2011, 07:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Karls is Thinking about moving to Wales!
Registered

Big thanks to SVM!

After making the decision to go with a GTC Titan exhaust, Ben and F.MAN. (Francis) came up trumps! Iím sure most of you are all aware of Francisí car. Itís currently at SVM awaiting a 102mm GTC Titan plus further mods. Speaking to Francis, he said heís got to stop modifying as the cost is getting silly but he canít help himself. Hmm, I know exactly how he feels although Iíve got a long way to go to match his car but the slippery slope has been trodden on and thereís no way off...is there?

Fortunately for me, a month old 90mm Titan system had been removed from Francisí car so the deal was done and off I set to pay my first visit to Severn Valley Motorsport and have it fitted for FREE by Kevan & his team - the free fitting was a one-off favour by Kevan to Francis as they have done a hell of a lot of work on his car.

Iíve been reading all the threads submitted by KK with great interest and I was dead keen to pay them a visit. On arriving I was met by the man himself. As busy as he was, Kevan took time out to have a good chat and showed me around ĎThe Hulkí; what an awesome car! So much to look at on it; the electronically controlled spoiler - how cool is that with each half individually reacting to provide downforce to suit the left or right side of the car in corners; the scissor doors; the wheels; the bucket seats; acres of carbon fibre...drool, drool, drool...yeah, sorry about the drool Kev, but the car needed washing anyway!

So the guys got cracking on my car, removing the existing Milltek and 80mm Street Performer Titan Y-Pipe. In itís place went a resonated 90mm GTC Titan Y-Pipe and the rest of the 90mm system. I had a chat with the guys during and after fitting and they came across as totally devoted to their work and very thorough and professional. They made sure I had a good look at it all fitted from under the car before it was lowered down. The guys at reception were also great, offering coffee and chat about bikes & cars when they werenít being interrupted by customers. They even drew me directions for an alternative and decent drive home on some cracking roads!

Itís been almost a week now since Iíve had the 90mm system and I love it. I know that getting the right sound of a car is very much an individual preference. Some will like it, others not but you canít please all of the people all of the time with one product. For me, the 90mm Titan opens up more of the sound that I want to hear. Admittedly, I have come from owning a Ducati superbike with Ďnot for road useí big bore Termignoniís and a RS4 B7 with decat and non-res Milltek, so I like to hear my engines!! Iím sure the neighbors donít though

So a big thanks to Ben, F.MAN., Kevan and his team for doing a cracking job all round.
Cheers guys!

The removed Milltek (1 month old) and GTC Y-pipe (new last July) remain at SVM and will be fitted for £50 if the buyer wants them fitted there. Alternatively they can be shipped to the buyer. I have put them in the classifieds section for anyone interested. I am willing to sell separately if required.
Go on...you know you want to!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010475.JPG (157.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg P1010478.jpg (73.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg P1010479.jpg (88.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg P1010480.jpg (102.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 17th May 2011, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
GTRSTAR is talking To Kev @ SVM Because He Can Turn A Two Ton Turd in to Shit Off A Shovel!
GTROC Member

You did the right thing

Whats Next?!!!

Cobb AP \ Cobra Imola Carbon Technology Seats \ HRE Comp 90 Wheels \ Titanium Nuts \ Michelin PS2 Tyres \ Performance Friction Discs/Pads \ HEL Brake Lines \ KW V3 Clubsport Coilovers \ Stillen ARB's \ KK12R Under Construction At SVM \

"If it doesnt scare me shitless, it doesnt command respect, if it doesnt command respect, its not worth driving." GTRSTAR 2010

"If it breaks the bank, I lose the wife, if I lose the wife, I've still got the GTR" :D GTRSTAR 2011

Last edited by GTRSTAR; 17th May 2011 at 07:59 PM..
GTRSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 08:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Karls is Thinking about moving to Wales!
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRSTAR View Post
You did the right thing

Whats Next?!!!
Yeah...that's the only draw back of going there. F.MAN.'s car was there too with the bonnet open obviously so I could feast my eyes on what I can't afford. Talk about a kid in a sweet shop

My location means I now have Litchfields 30 mins away and SVM about another hour on top

Is that a good thing?

Old 17th May 2011, 08:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
w8pmc is loving his new M5
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Previous, RS6, E60 M5, B7 RS4, Storm White 2010 R35, Audi A8 Exec. Now Monte Carlo Blue (DMS Stage 2) 2015 F10 M5
A great way to start, the GTC Titan is the mutts nuts. Find some tunnels to play in as the tune will blow you away (literally).

Can only echo that the Customer Service at SVM is possibly the best there is.

Another satisfied SVM customer. Kev, you're going to need bigger premises
MY15 LCi F10 M5 (DMS Stage 2 Tuned) in Monte Carlo Blue With Extended Sakhir Orange Interior. Options: Bootlid Operation Powered, Loudspeaker System Harman Kardon, Reversing Assist Camera, Surround View, Universal Remote Control, Internet & Sun Protection Glass
w8pmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 08:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
GTRSTAR is talking To Kev @ SVM Because He Can Turn A Two Ton Turd in to Shit Off A Shovel!
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karls View Post
My location means I now have Litchfields 30 mins away and SVM about another hour on top

Is that a good thing?
Yes, Its worth the drive, trust me

Cobb AP \ Cobra Imola Carbon Technology Seats \ HRE Comp 90 Wheels \ Titanium Nuts \ Michelin PS2 Tyres \ Performance Friction Discs/Pads \ HEL Brake Lines \ KW V3 Clubsport Coilovers \ Stillen ARB's \ KK12R Under Construction At SVM \

"If it doesnt scare me shitless, it doesnt command respect, if it doesnt command respect, its not worth driving." GTRSTAR 2010

"If it breaks the bank, I lose the wife, if I lose the wife, I've still got the GTR" :D GTRSTAR 2011
GTRSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 08:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
F.MAN. is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Karls,

Its definitely worth the extra hours drive to SVM.
Hope your loving the sound of exhaust.

SVM are well ahead of everybody else in service and tuning.