samsung galaxy s 2 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25th May 2011, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
hwf
hwf is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

samsung galaxy s 2

Just got the new Samsung Galaxy S 2 running android trying to get it working on R35 09 sat nav. They say that this phone may outsell the iphone.

Connects to bluetooth fine for phone, but wont play music via USB.

Says somethign like "Unable to connect to usd / ipod".

Anyone else had this problem with Samsungs or phones running android? Might have to send it back get the HTC sensation.

On another topic, has anyone managed to get Bluetooth Audio for music working?

Cheers.
Old 25th May 2011, 02:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jakdaw is well aware that he can edit his status
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R35 GT-R Black Edition in Black + Fiat Panda 100HP
I've successfully used Bluetooth Audio for music with my HTC Desire (which I guess bodes well for the Sensation) and with friends' iPhone4s.
Old 25th May 2011, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
hwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakdaw View Post
I've successfully used Bluetooth Audio for music with my HTC Desire (which I guess bodes well for the Sensation) and with friends' iPhone4s.
Ideal, thanks, I was told when buying the car that it didnt work.

Is there a technique to getting it working, or just pair the phone via the phone setup, then should work?

Thanks v much.

Old 25th May 2011, 02:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Multics is meh

Cars owned: R33 GTS-T
I got the Samsung Galaxy S2 last week too. What a phone, love it
Massive difference compared to iPhone 3GS I used to have.
Old 25th May 2011, 03:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jakdaw is well aware that he can edit his status
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R35 GT-R Black Edition in Black + Fiat Panda 100HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwf View Post
Is there a technique to getting it working, or just pair the phone via the phone setup, then should work?
From what I recall (I'll go check again later) there are two separate ways to pair a phone - one that's used for handsfree and one for audio. It wasn't all that clear ;-)

You can definitely be playing music from one Bluetooth phone and have it interrupted by a call coming into another, for instance.
Old 25th May 2011, 06:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
JoZeff is forever cleaning the rear-end for soot!

Couldn't get on with samsung s2 although it was an amazing screen just don't think it is as easy to use as apple kit.
Old 25th May 2011, 07:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
hwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakdaw View Post
From what I recall (I'll go check again later) there are two separate ways to pair a phone - one that's used for handsfree and one for audio. It wasn't all that clear ;-)

You can definitely be playing music from one Bluetooth phone and have it interrupted by a call coming into another, for instance.
Got it working, nice one thanks for that. I see its a common issue:

"when pairing your phone when it asks you "Are you connecting a Bluetooth device to use with the Hands-Free phone system?" If you answer yes your phone will ONLY work as a hands-free device and not stream music via bluetooth. In this step it is critical to select NO and pair it as a music device.."

nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=37820
Old 25th May 2011, 08:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Naranja is aware that he can edit his status but doesn't know how to...
GTROC Member

I've got a HTC Desire, works beautifully, ports phonebook across and Bluetooth music works well, there is a small drop in sound quality compared to a usb'd ipod but it's marginal. I have never managed to get the HTC to provide music via the usb, although it works fine in the Scirocco.
Glad you got it sorted.
Old 25th May 2011, 09:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
jameswrx is Old

Cars owned: 02 STI Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoZeff View Post
Couldn't get on with samsung s2 although it was an amazing screen just don't think it is as easy to use as apple kit.
Yeah, i had a play with one in carphone whorehouse earlier and wasn't over excited. The quality of the screen was excellent and the camera was good, the htc I tried alongside was much nicer to use. Also the samsung looks 2 years old already, really square and dated looking.

I'm going to get a htc sensation I think, had 3 gens of iphone now and just fancy a break from the icuffs!

All these other phones do lack the small touches of the iphone, just simple things like turning from potrait to landscape. On the iphone it smoothly spins round, htc and samsung it just crudely flicks between the two orientations. The iphone is very easy to use too, I was fumbling around on both the other phones trying to navigate. That's not to say they're hard but an iphone could be used easily even if it was the first time you'd picked it up, even my 2yr old son can use it.
Old 26th May 2011, 11:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
thistle is aware they can edit their status

Cars owned: GTR, D4 S8, MkV GTI, E46 325ti, E46 M3
I'm getting a but frustrated at the iPhone 4 limitations too, icuffs puts it well. No SD cards, no USB, non-standard charger, no removable battery, small screen, hesitant/slow, poor signal despite cover, proximity sensor probs, no flash is annoying on loads of websites now, other limitations unless you jailbreak (so I'm still on 4.0.1 as the jailbreaks since look a PITA?) Can't even develop for your own phone without paying out (unless you jailbreak) and then the App Store doesn't sound like fun to publish to. I look jealously at the Android App inventor, my wife has my old Android but that is quite basic and slow, very limited memory, I upgraded it to 2.1 though.
Old 26th May 2011, 01:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
jameswrx is Old

Cars owned: 02 STI Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
I'm getting a but frustrated at the iPhone 4 limitations too, icuffs puts it well. No SD cards, no USB, non-standard charger, no removable battery, small screen, hesitant/slow, poor signal despite cover, proximity sensor probs, no flash is annoying on loads of websites now, other limitations unless you jailbreak (so I'm still on 4.0.1 as the jailbreaks since look a PITA?) Can't even develop for your own phone without paying out (unless you jailbreak) and then the App Store doesn't sound like fun to publish to. I look jealously at the Android App inventor, my wife has my old Android but that is quite basic and slow, very limited memory, I upgraded it to 2.1 though.
The HTC sensation is what you need. Looks very quick with the dual core processor (see youtube)

I've just spoken to o2 and they will have it on the 20th of june.

The jailbreak on the iphone is really easy to do and does make it less restricted but when I did mine the battery was dying really fast. It turns out (after googling it) the phone constantly tries to seatch for authenticity of the apps you are adding, it can't gain that info but keeps checking and the battery dies off quick. Also half the stuff doesn't work and you end up with crashes and funny quirks, I soon put it back to it's original guise.

The battery thing is a pain too, I've had my 3gs since launch and a couple of months back the battery got very poor. I bought a larger mh battery off ebay and fitted it myself.. I managed to crack the lcd screen (so fragile) so I bought a new screen and fitted that. All good apart from the camera then stopped working as the ribbon connecting it to the main board had broken it's wiring inside from when I'd now removed it a few times! Would have been much easier if You could slide the back off and pop a new battery in like the old days!