Bit of info for a Newbie - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27th May 2011, 10:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dave222 is unaware they can edit their status
Registered

Bit of info for a Newbie

I am just at the point of choosing my first GT-R. The one I am looking at has had a Millteck "Y" pipe fitted. I am told that is the only mod that has been done on the car which is a 2009 model.
Can anyone tell me if that mod would invalidate any warranty cover or have any effect on the cars performance.
I believe this pipe also removes two of the cars 4 cats, is this correct and will that stop the car passing any future MOT tests.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Dave
Old 27th May 2011, 10:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
anilj is Chillin
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R35 MY2010, E93, E92, Boxster S, Toyota Yaris Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave222 View Post
I am just at the point of choosing my first GT-R. The one I am looking at has had a Millteck "Y" pipe fitted. I am told that is the only mod that has been done on the car which is a 2009 model.
Can anyone tell me if that mod would invalidate any warranty cover or have any effect on the cars performance.
I believe this pipe also removes two of the cars 4 cats, is this correct and will that stop the car passing any future MOT tests.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Dave
Congratulations and you wont be dissapointed. The Y-Pipe will not invalidate your warranty or MOT. Nearly all the GT-R's I know have had this done and more, so relax, dont worry and get the beast...
Old 27th May 2011, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Stevie76 is at stage 4.25+FMIC and counting
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Current: Stage 4.25 DMG R35, 2014 Impreza WRX STi, 1992 205 Mi16, Pimped 320d MSport Touring, BMW S1000RR HP4C
No issues with warranty....only ever problems with mods if Nissan can prove that a component caused a failure...y pipe does not increase power etc...jus a bit more noise.

Does remove 2 cats and as you will still have 2 cats won't be an mot issue...will be a bit smokey (black) without tune as cars run very rich standard...best to get an access port.

Can get stock y pipes on eBay for cheap if it was a problem with eBay...must be tons lying around the country in garages as they all come off.