Q's on what to do next - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Tuning: General
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19th August 2011, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
skylineluke is Waiting for The boost to come in
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Q's on what to do next

After a long chat to mark at abbey to find out what is in my engine its fully forged with hks and hks 1.6 headgasget, fcon pro managment and hks cams.
Has anyone made the change from hks ss turbos to -5 turbos, what's the drive difference like? Any difference?
Also spoke about launch control do many people have it? And use it? I'm useing a duel sbc boost controller what are people's thoughts on them am I best to get rid of it and get something newer if so what?
I'm running at 540 at the fly (running a little richer at top end so mark said he could squeez a little more out of it if required)
If I was to go with the -5 turbos, 720 injectors I'd hopefully be running around 640 at the fly??? Anyone running similar setup? What's it like?
Thanks Luke
Old 19th August 2011, 02:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
MIKEGTR is rolling on double deuces
New Users

Cars owned: Midnight Purple R33 GTR
I think 640 is prob close to the max on 720's but dont quote me
Old 19th August 2011, 02:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Would it be possible for more power if I used slightly bigger injectors?

Old 19th August 2011, 02:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
MIKEGTR is rolling on double deuces
New Users

Cars owned: Midnight Purple R33 GTR
YOu've got the engine internals and managament to go way beyond 640, its going to be down to your turbo choice and ultimately if you want out and out power or driveability.

Circa 600 brake will also be close to the max of the std fuel pump - but bigger injectors will obviously help you with the fuelling required to go higher bhp
Old 19th August 2011, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Iv got a triple plate clutch nizmo fuel pump, an updated fuel regulator, I'd like more power, but it is my only car and is used for weekends and taking the wife and daughter out ect so it can't be to wild so 700 would be more than enough
Old 20th August 2011, 01:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
RSVFOUR is has actually finished his 32GTR
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Giken powered Stagea , 32GTR , Brabus SLK, 1973 Porsche 911 , Autech Axis Stagea
The difference between GtSS and 5s will be obvious. More power with more lag but that is the way turbos are,
640 is close to the max on 5s

By launch control I presume you maen using the fcon . I have just had this done - it is soooooooooooooo much faster when you pull away on boost but it is hardly any use on the roads and very heavy on the clutch
I am running 5s with just over 500 atw so about 580ish but with quite high torque and mine destroyed a OS gilken twin plate very quickly as soon as I started using the launch control - now have a triple plate carbon jobby.

My website -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RSVFOUR is offline   Reply With Quote