GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - Litchfields 750 conversion coming in an Evo test?
View Single Post
Old 15th February 2012, 11:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Litchfield
Litchfield is unaware they can edit their status
GTR Register Trader

Cars owned: R35 GTR
Thumbs up

Cool spot Mook!

Jethro really liked the cars! They are doing an article on our Stage 1 conversion but asked if they could sample the new suspension as well but I’m not sure if this will make the article yet. Currently the final spec dampers are fitted to one of our previous 725bhp development cars so we could see how it handled with big power.

We took a standard GTR with a Stage 1 upgrade and 2012 Gearbox software and the previous Stage5 car with the suspension.

I knew he would like the Stage 1 conversion as he has previously driven the Alcon test GTR but I was anxious to hear his thoughts on the suspension with all the work that has gone into it.

A wet Bedford Aerodrome and 700+bhp makes for lots of fun. It spent lap after lap on opposite lock and he was laughing around every corner and shocked on every straight. Discussing the suspension he said “It turn’s in sharper with more stability and resists understeer better. Mid bend it is more balanced with a nice hint of oversteer as its default angle and significantly more traction on the exit of the bend”

The car was great in Normal suspension mode but in Race mode it was so balanced enabling some outrageous liberties to be taken with the car drifting perfectly (pictures will be on our blog soon) when required whilst never getting too out of shape despite the cold and wet conditions. You could really notice the improve stability and the change in direction was much more positive which gives the driver more confidence to push harder

As for the Power, “stunning, simply ridiculous, probably the most insane road car I have ever driven!” After getting out he spent about another 5mins giggling about what it had just done. “No lag just ridiculous power even on low boost”. I explained that he would be shocked at our new version which not only picks up quicker, has an even sharper throttle response but goes onto make a lot more power at less boost!

Regards

Iain
Web:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

Twitter: @Litchfield_UK

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Litchfield is offline   Reply With Quote