GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - Few questions after first month of ownership
View Single Post
Old 24th February 2012, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
AK-500
AK-500 is .....
GTROC Member

Cars owned: GTR R35 DMG Black Edition, A5, 330, Freelander, Golf GTi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20GTS View Post
1) I mostly drive urban journeys but I noticed the car's steering is very lively. It sometimes tend to wonder a little bit especially over rough and uneven surfaces. Nothing to severe but does tend to wake you up Is this normal?
It happens to mine too, only now and again though.

Quote:
2) Also noticed the "dinner plate" rattling especially when cold from the transmission/diff. No warning lights whatsoever so I presume this is also something normal? If I drive the car hard the noise tends to be less
Rattling from underside of the car is normal to an extent. There is loads of threads about this explaining what it exactly is. If it is a certain kind of rattle it may be the "flywheel housing" problem. I got paranoid at first, but its all normal. The noise should be less in "drive" and slightly more in neutral or drive

Quote:
3)There's buzzing in the interior which I've narrowed down to somewhere near the gearstick, driver's side A/C vent and occasionally somewhere behind the driver's seat belt "guide". Does anyone experience buzzing too?
I have never heard any noise there but have read of other people having it aswell as other rattling and buzzing noises from various places.

Quote:
4) How do you reset the MPG and MPH numbers shown in the DIS on the instrument cluster? I can reset everything else but can't seem to reset that?
On the right side of the instruments there are two buttons, when you are on the MPG screen hold down the button with the dot on it and it will reset.

Quote:
5) Sometimes in Auto mode when pulling out from junction in 1st gently, the car is a bit jerky. The revs seems to bound up and down a little. Is this normal?
This again is very normal and apparently is significantly improved with the gearbox software upgrades which I am looking forward to getting soon.